Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and here it is:

dsc00167ky8.jpg

i would put it up so you could see how big it is, but i want to laminate it first.

:nice:

you stole my poster kathy! :P

thats exactly the same as the one i bought recently, size and all. how brilliant is it?! :D

and here it is:

dsc00167ky8.jpg

i would put it up so you could see how big it is, but i want to laminate it first.

aaawww how nice!!

i wish i had a poster like that, though i think i have no space left on my wall :laugh3:

and i´m loving your sig josh!

Ooooo, there was a guy in front of me at work yesterday and during the meeting I noticed he was wearing a Sigur Ros t shirt. I got really excited but couldn't find him after wards to talk to him about it. Wooo another fan!

and here it is:

dsc00167ky8.jpg

I didnt get to comment on ur poster, its absoloutly amazing! i have no place in my room to put posters but i will sure be buying lots when we move to our new house.

And Nadia is sending me a copy of a live Sigur Ros concert, and im really looking forward to that! so thanks alot Nadia

Aw guys, as much as I'd love to send the DVD to everyone, I really don't think I can! Me = poor, currently unemployed college student with limited savings. :(:( Shipping might add up real quick. Me sorry!! But hey, you might be able to download it yourselves. I d/led it via a torrent - maybe it's still being seeded? (It's this performance: Sigur Ros 2006-07-30 Miklatan Reykjavik Icelandic Digital Cable DVD)

^nope, apparently none of the tracks are sung in english. hope this extract helps: :nice:

on von, ágætis byrjun and takk, jónsi sang most songs in icelandic but a few of the songs were sung in 'hopelandic'. all of the vocals ( ) are however in hopelandic. hopelandic (vonlenska in icelandic) is the 'invented language' in which jónsi sings before lyrics are written to the vocals. it's of course not an actual language by definition (no vocabulary, grammar, etc.), it's rather a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music and acts as another instrument. jónsi likens it with what singers sometimes do when they've decided on the melody but haven't written the lyrics yet. many languages were considered to be used on ( ), including english, but they decided on hopelandic. hopelandic (vonlenska) got its name from first song which jónsi sang it on, hope (von). tracks 7-9 on takk are in hopelandic.

aw Nadia, i was going to get in line but we understand, your heart was in the right place though :)

aw wow, nice shirt Will!!! :P :D (we need to do some syncronised listening of mew and sigur ros albums again, that was heaps of fun :dance:) i'm not a big poster collector, but recently i can't help myself. imagine my surprise when i saw the sigur ros poster :stunned: i couldn't believe it, and out of nowhere too. i was still on a high and hopeful of a mew poster too, but then reality shot in. my search continues....!