✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so Will has gone but no doubt he will be dropping by now and then :wink:

if anyone has any sigur ros info regarding tours, let me know pleaseeeeeeeeeeee! i thought they would be visiting aus this year like they did the previous years but there has been no news which is disappointing *puts on takk* but i will pull through for now and keep my eyes open :shifty:

Attention everyone! I have a message from our "Missing in Action" top Sigur Ros fan, Will. :toff:

During a long chat filled mostly with gobeldygook, he asked me with drunken fervor to tell you all "hi," and that even though he has gone away, he still "loves us all" very much. hahah Oh, and we've been instructed to keep some blood pumping in the veins of this thread (awful analogy by me). :dance:

Tis all.

Btw, if you ever get a chance to talk to Drunksie Will sometime, you should. Boy's a riot! :laugh3:

i stayed up all night talking to Will during out first convo - very like me to talk to someone i've never talked to before from night till dawn, blame mew and the smileys, and 5am was a walk in the park, i paid for it that day at work but the laughs were worth it :wink: :laugh3:

• 4 weeks later...

Sigur Ros to release concert movie

They tell NME.COM there's a 'new' album as well

2 hours ago

Sigur Ros are to release a concert film shot in their native Iceland last summer.

'Heima', out on November 5, was filmed in various locations, and features some of the band's biggest and smallest shows of their career.

Drummer Orri Páll Dýrason told NME.COM: "It was good to film it in our home country, sometimes we were playing these big show and then we were playing in those really small fields, which was beautiful.

"It was fun doing those, shows, especially in front of our friends. Really nice."

A trailer for the film can be seen here (windows) or here (quick time).

On the same day a compilation album, titled 'Hvarf-Heim', will also be released. Split into two sections, the first, 'Hvarf', features three unreleased tracks from the band's works, and a fourth, 'Von', which is a radically reworked track from the band's first album.

Dýrason said: "We are having a clear out, really! One of the songs even dates back to 1994!

"We picked the ones we really like. It's not like a normal album. There are a lot of good songs on there, but they didn't fit when it came to putting the albums together."

The tracklisting is:

'Salka'

'Hljomalind'

'I Gaer'

'Von'

'Heim' is made up of six acoustic versions of songs taken from Sigur Ros' four studio albums to date.

The tracklisting is:

'Samskeyti'

'Staralfur'

'Vaka'

'Agaetis Byrjun'

'Heysatan'

'Von'

http://www.nme.com/news/sigur-ros/30000

Well since im already here :p

Helloooooo my dear fellow Sigur Ros fans!!! hope everyone is well!

thanks for Von and Salka btw Jan, Salka is stunning. i keep listening to it all the time.

^and thanks for the news there :)

keep the love alive, and take care. :kiss: