✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rolling Stones, Anyone?

Majson

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really been getting into the Stones lately. :) I don't have all of the albums yet, so far I have:

A Bigger Bang

Bridges To Babylon

Let It Bleed

Live Licks

Out Of Our Heads

Sticky Fingers

Stripped

Undercover

No Security

Rareties

Out of all those, my favorites are A Bigger Bang, Let It Bleed, Undercover, and Sticky Fingers

I have a whole bunch on order. :D

EXILE ON MAIN STREET!!!!!

BEGGARS BANQUET!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rolling Stones return to the No.1 slot after 16-year Exile

Rolling Stones return to the No.1 slot after 16-year Exile

By Ben Todd

Last updated at 9:01 AM on 24th May 2010

The Rolling Stones last night secured their first Number One album in 16 years with the remastered version of Exile On Main Street.

The band beat off dance act Faithless and their new album The Dance in the battle for the top.

A music industry source said: 'It actually is incredible that the Stones are at number one again. It just shows how timeless their music really is - and just how huge an act they remain.'

article-0-00D75E9700000578-851_468x286.jpg Back on top: The Rolling Stones have hit the Number One spot with their reissued album Exile On Main Street

The original version of Exile also topped the charts on its release back in May 1972.

At the time the album received a lukewarm response from critics. However, it is now accepted as one of the most influential rock albums of all time and seen as the Stones' masterpiece.

The re-issue includes ten tracks that had never been released before, among them four tracks that even frontman Sir Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards, both 66, had forgotten even existed.

article-1280730-09B921AB000005DC-589_468x467.jpg Two timer: The original version of Exile also topped the charts on its release back in May 1972

Last night, a friend of the band's said: 'They're delighted people have taken to the record once more.

'They are particularly pleased that, in their home country, young people are discovering the band's music for the first time.'

Jagger attended the European premiere of a documentary - called Stones In Exile - chronicling the making of the album at the Cannes Film Festival last week.

The original 18-track double album was recorded at a number of different studios - much of it in the basement of Richards' mansion in the South of France mansion called Nellcote where the band notoriously staged the longest house party in history.

• 2 weeks later...

bought it. it's long, and sometimes repetitive, but I'm getting used to it. I really like the first track, Rocks Off

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqEi1rmwEm4]YouTube- The Rolling Stones ("Rocks Off")[/ame]

It has one of my favourite Stones lyrics:

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me

Chasing shadows, moonlight mystery

:guitarist:

yeah that's what I meant. I like listening to them together anyway.

I know Rocks Off was in the original album, but I'm 16, this remaster was the only way that I was really exposed to the album. I really really wish more people were into the Stones where I live. my dad's a huge fan, supposedly, but we never listened to this album! thus, I've just started listening to it. and I like that song best. better late than never I guess, it's brilliant!

• 1 month later...