✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that a few years ago, AMAZING book :) And it's actually quite funny, believe it or not.

Are you serious?

My Pre AP english had to read In Cold Blood and this... (half and half) and the people that already read Angela's ashes didn't really say much about it... :P

• 1 month later...

80998008.jpg

Excerpt: Chapter One

What The?

What about a teakettle? What if the spout opened and closed when the steam came out, so it would become a mouth, and it could whistle pretty melodies, or do Shakespeare, or just crack up with me? I could invent a teakettle that reads in Dad's voice, so I could fall asleep, or maybe a set of kettles that sings the chorus of "Yellow Submarine," which is a song by the Beatles, who I love, because entomology is one of my raisons d'être, which is a French expression that I know. Another good thing is that I could train my anus to talk when I farted. If I wanted to be extremely hilarious, I'd train it to say, "Wasn't me!" every time I made an incredibly bad fart. And if I ever made an incredibly bad fart in the Hall of Mirrors, which is in Versailles, which is outside of Paris, which is in France, obviously, my anus would say, "Ce n'étais pas moi!"

...i like it....

i recently finished off the old man and the sea by ernest hemingway and anthem by ayn rand for school. i didn't like the old man-it was just boring. anthem was much better, as it was more of an adeventure-romance novel.

Guest Grace

"slaughterhouse-five" by vonnegut.

and i love it. it's really good and a must-read in my opinion.

need to put "cat's cradle" and "breakfast of champions" on my "books-to-get"-list.