🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Interpol

ColdplayBK

Stooges, Interpol, Bloc Party, Lily Allen Play SXSW

Matt & Kim, Cold War Kids, the Watson Twins also on board

Struggling to find vacancy at a convenient Austin hotel for South by Southwest 07? It's no wonder. Tucked away in a handy brochure offering hotel information on the festival's website is the fest's star-studded initial lineup.

The Stooges, Interpol, Bloc Party, Lily Allen, Matt & Kim, the Watson Twins, Cold War Kids, Devin the Dude, Hoodoo Gurus, Ghostland Observatory, Stax 50th Anniversary Soul Review, Ozomatli, and Turbonegro are slated to play the music portion of the mega-event, which runs from March 14-18 (the full extravaganza, including film and "interactive" festivals, runs from March 9-18). As previously reported, Under Byen are also scheduled to perform.

Following the announcement is a line of small italic text reading, "everything subject to change," and while we hope nothing changes, we're letting you know anyway.

In addition, Pete Townshend will appear as the keynote speaker for SXSW's Music Conference. Following the keynote, which takes place on March 14, Townshend and "Attic Jam" partner Rachel Fuller will put on a March 15 show featuring some special guests. Other SXSW speakers and interviewees include David Byrne (with his presentation "Record Labels: Who Needs Them?"), Emmylou Harris, Gilberto Gil, Terry McBride, Rickie Lee Jones, Booker T, and Joe Boyd.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/40263/Stooges_Interpol_Bloc_Party_Lily_Allen_Play_SXS#40263

:)

what about this!?...any news!?...they really went there or not!?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH^ that sucks for her.... but you are so damn lucky.... I absolutely foook'n love Interpol....

like I've never loved before!! lol

I cannot wait to hear new stuff..... its killing me!

I'll do my bestest to record some stuff then :D

get out!!! :o in the UK or here?

In February 2007, EMI announced a merger of Virgin Records and Capitol Records into the Capitol Music Group, as part of this restructuring, hundreds of staff from multiple divisions were laid off and many artists were cut from the roster.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/158305/capital_records_drops_artists_merger.html

So EMI still "own" the record label, but the label has changed management. But EMI are still in deep trouble, so who knows what they will do next.

what about this!?...any news!?...they really went there or not!?

no they were never really confirmed for the festival afterall... so they didn't play... but they will be at Coachella... and numerous European festivals this summer....

I think the album could drop sooner than we think..... :wink3:

• 2 weeks later...

such a departure from his LesPaul.... its almost surreal! But I am diggin it as well.. whether its a rough cut or final.... I can't wait for the new album...

rumor has it that its been pushed back to July..... (according to one fans convo with Daniel at an afterparty this week in Canada..)

for all we know these could be early stages of the song...maybe they aren't final cuts... and they'll tweak them a bit for the final cut of the album????

i'm pretty sure the album is finished. i think they only have to do the waiting for the releasing. it goes like that in music industry. 2-3 months after the finish there's a release. lots of empty space.

as for new songs.. this was their first gig with it, it has to have some impact on them and the way they performed.

I like Heinrich more, but then Pioneer is really different of what they have done before!! Paul is sooooooooooo thin.... I like thin, but with some meat though :P but he looks awesome anyway! :D

I really can´t wait for the new album!!!!

dont give uP:Zu

i'm pretty sure the album is finished. i think they only have to do the waiting for the releasing. it goes like that in music industry. 2-3 months after the finish there's a release. lots of empty space.

as for new songs.. this was their first gig with it, it has to have some impact on them and the way they performed.

just because its finished doesn't mean there can't be last minute add-ons.... I mean look at C'Mere...... it was a completely different tune before it made the album and it even had a different title.

Besides.. its not to difficult to add on a last minute track to an already finalized album..... Coldplay did it with Clocks.. and look what a mega hit that was! :P

Interpol reveal new album details

'Our Love To Admire' out in July

Interpol have revealed details of their forthcoming album.

The follow-up to 2004's 'Antics' is called 'Our Love To Admire' and contains 11 tracks. It is due out via Capitol on July 10 in the US.

The tracklisting is:

'Pioneer to The Falls'

'No I in Threesome'

'The Scale'

'The Heinrich Maneuver'

'Mammoth'

'Pace is the Trick'

'All Fired Up'

'Rest My Chemistry'

'Who Do You Think'

'Wrecking Ball'

'The Lighthouse'

'Watermelons'

It´s a good "commercial" song but I dont like the production either... the song sounds better in live! :rolleyes:

let´s wait for the album, maybe is just the radio edit or something.. ;)

let me dream!Zu