✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your biggest 'album surprise' of 2004....

berrywoman

I have quite a few to choose from this year... but, based on some fellow boardies recommendations.. I purchased these cds and found myself pleasantly surprised to have enjoyed them very much. The first of these...

Keane- Hopes and Fears

At first I found myself saying.. "bah.. I cant get into this record"... but I slowly grew into it.. I started listening to it everynight before I went to bed.. and BAM! I fell in love.. it also happens to be the my best album pick for 2004. :cool: (thanks Esther! :kiss:)

The second one...

Snow Patrol- Final Straw

I heard it like 2x before really sinking my teeth into this one. Then again.. a fellow boardie told me.. "give it a few listens.. it'll come to you" and low and behold... he was right! :) "Gleaming Auction" is one of my favorite tracks and of course "Run"... the entire album really.. its a great record. :)

So there you have it.. those are just two of my most surprising albums of 2004.. what are some of yours?? :cool:

i think Franz Ferdinands album was a suprise, i really didn't think it was gonna turn out good, and i was scared when i bought it that i was gonna hate it

tand snow patrol, well when i first heard them i thought they'd have most of there songs like run, but then i heard the more upbreat songs (spitting games) and now im addicted :D

KEANE "Hopes and Fears" .. I though this one could be very good but I never ever thought that it would be THAT great.

ESKOBAR "A thousand last Chances" ... great Scandinavian Pop

U2 "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" ... also over my expectectations. I didn't think that they would be that good again :D

Snow Patrol- Final Straw

I heard it like 2x before really sinking my teeth into this one. Then again.. a fellow boardie told me.. "give it a few listens.. it'll come to you" and low and behold... he was right! "Gleaming Auction" is one of my favorite tracks and of course "Run"... the entire album really.. its a great record.

:D

yeah i thought keane were shite then i heard the album and it's quite good

:smug:

My surprise of the year is Sufjan Stevens' Seven Swans. I'm a relative newcomer to Sufjan's music, and when I bought Seven Swans on the recommendation of a friend I wasn't really expecting to like it too much, based on what I'd read about it. But I ended up loving it and buying the rest of his records (Michigan's my favorite though). :D

• 2 weeks later...
hmm...well biggest album surprise of 2004 was 'sunlight makes me paranoid' by elefant. completely amazing record.

that was 2003

hah. i'm such an ass. well, regardless it was the last album surprise i had.

i didn't know about elefant until 4 months ago and when i looked at their official website it said the album was new? infact...yep - still does.