🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Travis

lucyinthesky

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't sound very finished to me, like a demo.

yeah, well, i guess that's because they didn't really do that much with the songs after they were recorded ;) so basically it's a bit like you get a live performance and a studio album combined ;)

They seem to be inspired greatly by Stg Pepper (who convinced them to record an album with such limited time) so I guess they're doing all the things that made that album ecectric. Mics inside the instruments, weird sonic experimentation and simple and excentric songs.

Hearing this song I can tell this is going to be one of my top albums for this year, Travis's last experimental album 12 memories was brilliant too if a little out of place.

If you've tracked down any of Travis's B sides you'd know they use the most Travisy songs for the album and do lots of experiments and covers for the B sides.

http://www.mellowmusic.org/2007/06/24/travis-b-sides-covers-some-live-songs/

You can download a lot of B sides here in 2 parts. Travis's B sides are quality so I hope you do!

I think they wanted to get away from the way most albums are recorded these days, with each band member playing their instruments on their own, with everything mixed together and fine tuned using computers.

Back to the good old days where albums were recorded 'live', with little mistakes included.

• 1 month later...

*bump*

J. Smith 10 inch EP

06/06/08

Travis are proud to announce the release of a limited edition 10 inch vinyl EP on the 30th June 2008.

muha8n.jpg

J. Smith EP Tracklisting

Side A

1. J. Smith

Side B

1. Get Up

2. Sarah

http://www.travisonline.com/news/j-smith-10-inch-ep/

the artwork looks great, methinks :)

and the 2nd b-side has such a nice name - i bet it will be amazing! :P