02 OCT: NEWCASTLE, UNIVERSITY

03 OCT: NORWICH, UEA

04 OCT: PORTSMOUTH, PYRAMIDS CENTRE

06 OCT: BATH, PAVILLION

07 OCT: SHEFFIELD, LEADMILL

08 OCT: LONDON, ASTORIA

who's going?

Travis Announce New Single, Album and UK Tour

Having scored a No. 1 on the indie singles chart with their limited edition J Smith EP, Travis are pleased to announce the release of a new single Something Anything on September 15th, followed by a 12 date UK tour in the lead up to the release of their new album Ode To J. Smith on September 29th.

Something Anything sees Travis mine a seam of tough beat led grooves and guitar licks, landing someplace between the breakthrough stomp of Good Feeling and garage band of All I Wanna Do Is Rock. For the video, the band team up once more with Michael Baldwin – who directed all the videos for The Boy With No Name – and take Andy's driving guitar riff as the centre piece for a video that sees a 10ft tall Andy tearing into a solo that leaves the rest of the band suitably awestruck.

The single will be released on the band's very own Red Telephone Box label and will be available on 7”, CD and as a download. Additional tracks include a cover of The Kinks classic Lola and two new songs all unavailable elsewhere. Track listings are as follows:

Something Anything CD / Digital download:

01: Something Anything

02: Tail Of The Tiger

03: Used To Belong

Something Anything 7” Vinyl:

A: Something Anything

B: Lola

UK Tour Dates / Pre-sale

Travis have been showcasing songs from Ode To J Smith at selective festival and club dates across Europe and most recently the Far East. A full UK tour has now been lined up for the autumn coinciding with the album’s release.

Pre-sale tickets for these shows will be available from 9am, Thursday 31st July at:

http://www.gigsandtours.com/?s=travis&site=pretravis

General sales start 9am Friday 1st August from http://www.gigsandtours.com or the 24 hour CC line on 0871 2200 260. Full UK tour dates are as follows:

22 SEP: INVERNESS, IRONWORKS

23 SEP: ABERDEEN, MUSIC HALL

25 SEP: EDINBURGH, PICTURE HOUSE

28 SEP: MANCHESTER, THE RITZ

29 SEP: LIVERPOOL, ACADEMY

30 SEP: WOLVERHAMPTON, WULFRUN HALL

02 OCT: NEWCASTLE, UNIVERSITY

03 OCT: NORWICH, UEA

04 OCT: PORTSMOUTH, PYRAMIDS CENTRE

06 OCT: BATH, PAVILLION

07 OCT: SHEFFIELD, LEADMILL

08 OCT: LONDON, ASTORIA

THE NEW ALBUM

Ode To J Smith is Travis’s loudest, edgiest and most arresting record since their debut. Written in 5 weeks and recorded in just 14 days, it’s the sound of a band re-born, re-inspired and re-energised.

“we wanted this record to have some rough edges. In the past we might have been guilty of making really beautiful things that were so smooth you almost slipped off them. You can’t say that about this one. We really pushed ourselves. It’s like prog-pop; lots happening in about three minutes” - Dougie.

Ode to J. Smith will be released on Sept 29th with full details to be announced shortly.

Just sharing the information I just got in my email inbox :dance: can't wait :dance:

all those new songs really are so so great!! :heart: last night i was listening to a bootleg from the concert in russia two weeks ago and it was brilliant... i think "chinese blues" could become one of my fav travis songs ever... "something anything" is really good as well and will be nice as a single - although i do like "song to self" better.

anyway, it's all magic, i'm happyyy! :)

aaawww, i'm gonna see them in LONDON!! :dance: :) i still can't believe it, this was soo spontaneous, haha^^ wow, and now i'm really excited, can't wait!!

btw, has anyone heard the new intro at concerts? i think it's really cool with that man talking, great idea...

... wohoo, london!! yep, yep :nice:

yeah...I usually never watch MTV or programmes like that cos they repetedly show the same videos all over again...:sick:...but sometimes it happends that on porgrammes such as "rock music" or "brand New" I get a lot of old and cool videos __that makes my day sometimes:P..a cool classic video of REM or U2...I like them:D

or you might catch something insteresting on vh1, but mostly :( it's the same old MTV :D

I enjoy 90-th show on Vh 1 or the 80 -th. hhahaa a week ago they were showing Safety Dance :D can't remember who's the song is though.