✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

Guest LiquidSky
Nice! Have you seen any videos on youtube of this tour? I've tried to stay away from it, but I couldn't resist watching a little bit. It's incredible.

I haven't seen anything! Nope! Nothing! I'm trying to get away from watching any of it...so far so good!

I actually went to see them on their last tour and was so lucky to get floor tickets!! It was actually my brother who got the floor tickets so I had to battle it out to get that particular ticket:lol: But it was so close! I even made eye contact with Bono.. there was a part where he brings one girl up (who happened to be like 3 people in front of me) and he was singing some slow songs. I can't remember which one it was. I was screaming so loud (just to see if he would react) and he just kinda laugh..haha:laugh3::D

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anything! Nope! Nothing! I'm trying to get away from watching any of it...so far so good!

I actually went to see them on their last tour and was so lucky to get floor tickets!! It was actually my brother who got the floor tickets so I had to battle it out to get that particular ticket:lol: But it was so close! I even made eye contact with Bono.. there was a part where he brings one girl up (who happened to be like 3 people in front of me) and he was singing some slow songs. I can't remember which one it was. I was screaming so loud (just to see if he would react) and he just kinda laugh..haha:laugh3::D

Hahaha niceee! I doubt he made eye contact with you though, I think it's just your imagination. :P

Guest LiquidSky
Hahaha niceee! I doubt he made eye contact with you though, I think it's just your imagination. :P

No he did!! 'cause I was screaming so loud and I was the only one screaming:P

How embarrassing...

:thinking2:

Guest LiquidSky
You were the only one screaming at a U2 concert? Yeaaa okkkk....

It was a slow song!!He was bringing the girl up! :P

Man, whatever....I know how it was! I don't have to explain myself to you:laugh3::P

Viewing my videos made from Friday's show and the majority of them are crap sound due to the echo coming off the stadium roof, and you can't hardly see a thing :(

But on a happier note, where I was for the Saturday show:

IMG_1023.jpg

More pictures soon

Friday's show:

1 Breathe

2 No Line On The Horizon

3 Get On Your Boots

4 Magnificent

5 Beautiful Day/Oh Sweet Freedom (snippet)

6 Mysterious Ways / Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (snippet)

7 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Stand By Me (snippet)

8 Stuck In A Moment

9 Unknown Caller

10 The Unforgettable Fire

11 City Of Blinding Lights

12 Vertigo/She Loves You (snippet)

13 Crazy Tonight/Two Tribes (snippet)

14 Sunday Bloody Sunday

15 Pride (In The Name Of Love)

16 MLK

17 Walk On/You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

18 Where The Streets Have No Name/All You Need Is Love (snippet)

19 One Encores

20 Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

21 With Or Without You/Shine Like Stars (snippet)

22 Moment of Surrender

Saturday's show:

'Breathe'

'No Line On The Horizon'

'Get On Your Boots'

'Magnificent'

'Beautiful Day'

'Until The End Of The World'

'New Year's Day'

'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'

'Stay'

'Unknown Caller'

'The Unforgettable Fire'

'City Of Blinding Lights'

'Vertigo'

'I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)'

'Sunday Bloody Sunday'

'Pride (In The Name of Love)'

'MLK'

'Walk On'

'Where The Streets Have No Name'

'One'

'Bad'

'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)'

'With Or Without You'

'Moment of Surrender'

^that doesn't include the small snippets they played^

On saturday Bono sang youll never walk alone at the end of Walk on aswell as friday!

Being a liverpool fan i was belting it out, although everyone was looking at me and my missus like we had 3 heads or something!!

Here was my view! That stage is nuts!

u2.jpg

Would love it if Coldplay explored the route of doing some crazy stages, U2 have always been renowned for it

one things for sure though, after seeing all the people standing and jumping up n down, i definatley wanna stand for Coldplay next month, anybody wanna swap seats for standing tickets? :D

Chris was at Friday's show (according to the NME), didn't see him though (but then again from my height everybody looked like ants)

I knew he would be there, I think I was standing really close to some VIP exit both nights (saw Bono's daughters, Jimmy Page and someone else I can't remember now), but no sight of anyone from Coldplay :disappointed:

The second night has been the better of the two, they played my favourite song finally (Stay), and Bad, and Until the End of the World :heart:

tough I must say the sound from the pitch was really echoy and couldn't understand half of what Bono said because of this :thinking:

One last thing, if Elbow were opening the second night as well would have been better, didn't really like Glasvegas that much :dozey:

London-Wembley 2:

Breathe

No Line On The Horizon

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

London Bridge Is Falling Down (snippet) / Beautiful Day / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)

Until The End Of The World / Break On Through (snippet)

New Year's Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Unknown Caller

The Unforgettable Fire / A Day Without Me (snippet)

City Of Blinding Lights

London Calling (snippet) / Vertigo / Rock And Roll (snippet)

O Come All Ye Faithful (snippet) / Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet)

Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

MLK

Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

Where The Streets Have No Name

One

Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

Encore(s):

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

With Or Without You

Moment of Surrender

They got back on Pride! :dance:

I guess since I wrote this up for the Absolute Live Stories thingie, I will post it here also

First of all sorry about the massive pictures :P

Review of U2’s show at Wembley Stadium 15th August 2009

IMG_1016.jpg

Welcome to my review of the show, where I was lucky enough to get given a pair of tickets for the show, which was lucky for me, I was seated high up in block 128, giving a decent view of the stage, viewing the stage at around south-south west, which compared to the Friday show where I was up in the cheap-tickets area high up in level 5 was good. Interestingly I was sat in seat 150 of my row, which for my 50th gig was special.

Rewinding a bit to around 3:30 where I got off the coach from Basingstoke, walking up the steps to the walkway around the stadium, walking half-way round to get to entrance J, stopping and to get a good picture of the north-face of the stadium getting in the arch in all it’s glory, I wasn’t really in a hurry so I took my time chatting to random people, before sitting down against the fence listening to the football action until 4:45 when the gates opened. Getting though the automatic ticket scanners and security was routine, pouring my bottle of water into a cup to allow me to get into the stadium, and finding my seats was easy enough with the security staff showing me the rough location.

IMG_1023.jpg

After taking to my seat I sat watching the standing general admission ticket holders getting though the barriers to get into the inner circle and the pitch filling up with lucky fans. I normally dislike the waiting between entering the venue and when the first support-act, but this case I ended up talking with other competition winners, however due to my short-term memory being rubbish for names, I can not remember any of their names, but with the talking the 60 or so minutes before the Hours came on at 6:00 past quickly. The Hours are an alright band, however I can’t remember much of their set as on the whole it was unremarkable, decent songs, decent band they knew how to play, but to my ears it sounded like the vocal sound mix was too low and the vocals at times got drowned by the guitars/keyboards and also by the echo with the sound echoing off the roof of the section I was seating in, not as bad as the Friday’s echo but after 10 minutes my ears got used to the echo and I enjoyed the support from the Hours, but would I buy their 2 albums after the set? Probably not, unless I find them on sale in HMV or something.

Some Pics of The Hours:

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

After the Hours went off, there was a gap where I went off to look around the stadium, making some notes about what food places sold burgers and looking at some of the photographs of previous events held at Wembley over the years. Following the return to my seats, I ate some crisps and some pick and mix sweets which I sneaked into the stadium, although sneaking might be the wrong word because the security staff allowed food into the stadium. Glasvegas came onto the stage around 7pm, and did a decent 45 minutes set with songs from their first album, the Christmas EP they released last year and some covers, but the lead singer was a tad on the quiet side in terms of talking to the audience between songs, like the Hours I think the mix must have been out, as the vocals were quiet compared to the wall of sound generated from the guitars and drums, but then again I think Glasvegas sound like that on the record. Good sing-alone to Daddy’s Gone was the highlight of Glasvegas’ set. Soon after Glasvegas left the stage to the sound of clapping once more I disappeared down the tunnel back into the concourse of level 1 to get my dinner, paying £7.70 for a very nice cheese burger, some good chips and for a drink, of which I asked for a cola with no ice, but got from the machine a Sprite with ice, but like most of the machines, the mix of syrup and soda water tasted wrong, with more soda water diluting the syrup too much, but less complaints about the drinks, more about the music (the food was nice though, worth the money)

Some pictures of Glasvegas

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Once I finished eating and returned to my seats, sitting down, taking part in the stadium wide Mexican wave, looking at how the wave tried to stay together linking the 3 levels of seating together, and was amazed. 8:30 soon came rolling around and to the sound of Space Oddity by David Bowie, U2 came on stage, and the stadium went wild, as people rushed to get back into the main area, to watch the boys kick off into Breathe, then without a break into No line in the horizon, and again with no break into Get on Your Boots, which sounds so much better live than it does on the album. During this time Bono, the Edge and Adam were walking around the stage, going onto the bridges linking the stage to the outer ring, with the TV cameras following them putting the images onto the big screens around the claw. After Get on the Boots, the boys launched into Magnificent, with a good sing-alone from the audience, but the sing-song from Magnificent was nothing compared to the singing for Beautiful Day, and it was a Beautiful day as the sun was setting on the beautiful Saturday, the roof was open on the stadium, allowing more sun to pour into the stadium. Then without a break, the band went into “Until the End of the World” and straight into New Year’s Day, of which I was very happy about because New Year’s Day is one of my favourite U2 songs and the staple of my New Year celebrations.

Another one of the highlights came from the next song, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, where the audience sung the first verse of the song, and being in a crowd of 88 or so thousand people singing along to one of the best anthems ever, was pure amazing, something I won’t forget for a while. After (god I’m using after a lot) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2 launched into Stay, and then into Unknown Caller, Oh, Oh, Oh was a good sing as some of the Unknown Caller lyrics came up on the big screen and Bono got the stadium singing along to the words, which was special, another song from the album which is better live. Subsequently following Unknown Caller was The Unforgettable Fire, which was epical, and with the City of Blinding Lights following, just as the lights came on outside the stadium lighting up the arch, and watching as the camera wave of flashes from the seats and from the standing lit up the stadium making it into a city of blinding lights. That was great to take part in. Launching after City of Blinding Lights via a snippet of a cover was Vertigo, another sing-alone moment from the audience and another walk around the outer ring for Bono and the Edge, before a break.

Following Vertigo came a techno remix of “I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight “, sandwiched in between snippets of Two Tribes, with the video of the heads going back and forward nodding, the singing of the chorus with the audience was another highlight of the show. The Techno remix is better than the album version and once “I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight” had ended the band went into another one of my favourite songs, Sunday Bloody Sunday, which is so amazing live, also amazing live was Pride (In the name of love), which got the audience singing along including myself, so beautiful it was. This was the end of the run of fast songs, as after a quick break with Bono talking about something or another, I wasn’t really taking notice, instead having a drink, U2 went into MLK, and when after MLK Bono talked about Suu Kyi before going into Walk On, with voulteers walking onto the outer ring with masks of Suu Kyi, meeting at the front of the stage and looking outwards with the masks, with the audience having masks as well. That was special to watch. Where The Streets Have No Name followed Walk On, with another stadium-wide sing-song took place before U2 left the stage.

The first encore break was seperated by a message from Desmond Tutu about how we can all make a difference, before U2 who gets onto the stage though a trap-door went into One and then for the 2nd song of the 1st encore was Bad, again another stadium wide sing-song to both these 2 songs took place, the stadium was rocking. Another encore break followed for a good 5 minutes, as the boys came back onto the stage with Bono wearing a funky jacket which fired out red lasers, singing from a microphone hanging down from the claw to sing Ultraviolet (Light My Way), followed by With or Without You and the last song of the night, Moment of Surrender, before saying thank you and goodbye with a mass cheer from the audience before bowing towards the front, towards the side and coming back out of the claw to bow towards the back of the stadium before heading back into the depths of Wembley. Taking my seat on the coach to travel back towards Hampshire I was in a happy mood, happy that I have witnessed not just once but twice of the greatest show on earth, and what a way to celebrate my 50th concert, U2 have gatecrashed my top 5 concerts of all time list.

And finally some pictures:

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Thank you and goodnight

Kite

So I'm reading U2 by U2. And Edge was talking about how he was an unfortunate looking kid, how he even knew it at the time, and how he looked just like the MadTV kid. And I was like... he's probably exaggerating. Flip the page, holy shit. You'd think the MADTV kid was based on Edge. Wow. Exactly the same.

He was an adorable baby though, with his squinty little eyes.

So I'm reading U2 by U2. And Edge was talking about how he was an unfortunate looking kid, how he even knew it at the time, and how he looked just like the MadTV kid. And I was like... he's probably exaggerating. Flip the page, holy shit. You'd think the MADTV kid was based on Edge. Wow. Exactly the same.

:laugh3: I noticed that too

I was on the floor at that point. Its an awesome book, an essential for any fan. I listened to their music from each era while reading that era too. The music is so much better now with all the stories behind it.

Like early U2 with Bono driving. I still think they only became famous as gods gift to Irish drivers.

I was on the floor at that point. Its an awesome book, an essential for any fan. I listened to their music from each era while reading that era too. The music is so much better now with all the stories behind it.

Like early U2 with Bono driving. I still think they only became famous as gods gift to Irish drivers.

Yeah. It's great so far. I'm not very far in though. Only to the point after their first gig at the school talent show or whatever. Loving it so far.

I feel bad for poor Adam, everyone saying he couldn't play worth shit. :P

Holy shit I am reading it too. I got it for $7 at a bookstore closing down.

Up to page 216, and LOVING it.

I can't believe how technically shit they were when they started!

$7, that's outrageous. It's HUGE.

I've just got it from the library.

I'm only on like page 30 or something but just started yesterday.

I was surprised at how young they were when they formed, which I should've known but I didn't. The whole idea of Bono wanting to be the guitarist cracks me up, cause I couldn't even imagine that now. His ego is too large. :P

But the book is great. I love the format of it too. It's very well done.

I'm really loving Larry so far. And the Edge, obviously.