🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE the version of New York on the Elevation tour. I actually think it's one of their best songs.

YouTube - U2 - New York (Live in Boston)

edit: holy fuck how could i forget this!

Man both of those are great.

The album version of New York does not do it justice at all. My favourite is to just turn out the lights in the basement and watch the walls flash during New York.

And the whole Stay to Bad to 40 to Streets. Just wow. I can't even put into words how much that string of songs moves me.

And totally agree about Hamilton, he definitely did a much better job than the directors of the last few dvds. I think U2 still puts out the best live DVDs consistently. They are definitely worth the money and make most DVDs kind of pale in comparison.

^ I prefer the Boston Elevation DVD, but the Chicago Vertigo DVD is a close second. The stage setup and lighting for both of those show, coupled with the fact that it was in an arena setting, were just perfect. Hamish Hamilton does an excellent job of filming in a way that makes you feel as if you were at the concert. I don't know enough about film to specify why; all I know is how I feel when I watch it. Rose Bowl DVD had too many goofy special effects.

And totally agree about Hamilton, he definitely did a much better job than the directors of the last few dvds. I think U2 still puts out the best live DVDs consistently. They are definitely worth the money and make most DVDs kind of pale in comparison.

dont forget U2 3D. most probably the greatest combination of music and film ever. with the growing popularity of 3D tv's i think they should really consider putting that on dvd.

I went to see U2 last night, and WOW.

I can't describe how amazing they were, I was completely blown away!

It's well worth a two-year wait, believe me!! :awesome:

I'll post up some pics when my internet starts speeding up a bit... :D

I went to see U2 last night, and WOW.

I can't describe how amazing they were, I was completely blown away!

It's well worth a two-year wait, believe me!! :awesome:

I'll post up some pics when my internet starts speeding up a bit... :D

im seeing them monday and working at the stadium on tuesday :D cant wait!

You will have such an amazing time, believe me!!

And I agree, definitely one of if not the best band I've ever seen play live!

I really want to see them again! :bomb:

Oh and Lore: U2 + Muse = YOU HAVE TO GO :awesome:

^ Yeah, the 3D show was nuts. I wish it was filmed in America. By the time they got to South America, they were playing stadiums on the Vertigo Tour.

no offense mate but american crowds have nothing on south american crowds and a big part of the appeal of that film was the incredible energy that the argentinian crowd had and worked really really well in 3D.

no offense mate but american crowds have nothing on south american crowds and a big part of the appeal of that film was the incredible energy that the argentinian crowd had and worked really really well in 3D.

No doubt. That wasn't my point. I wish it was done in America because I thought that tour played out better in arenas than stadiums.

BOTH NIGHTS. And Bono picks a female from the crowd and sings with her.

We got In a Little While too, but Bono picked the girl out of the crowd during Miss Sarajevo, it was a really beautiful moment!

Also, only just read your review (didn't want to before the show :P), great review. You got a really great spot on the second night, too!!

(edit: no wait, I stand corrected... he pulled her out during In a Little While but she stayed on stage for two songs)

I stayed at the second barrier for the concert, but I think that was probably the best area for me to be in anyway.

Some pics from my show (well, there would be more but my computer has decided it doesn't want to upload any more right now...):

img0844ul.jpg

img0855u.jpg

And the setlist:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar

2. Beautiful Day (+ snippet of Blackbird and She Loves You)

3. New Year's Day

4. Get On Your Boots

5. Magnificent

6. Mysterious Ways (+ snippet of Never Tear Us Appart)

7. Elevation (+ snippet of I Need You Tonight)

8. Until The End Of The World

9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

10. Mercy

11. Bad (+ snippet of In My Life and Instant Karma)

12. In A Little While

13. Miss Sarajevo

14. City Of Blinding Lights

15. Vertigo

16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix - so much better than the original!) (+Snippet of Relax)

17. Sunday Bloody Sunday

18. Scarlet

19. Walk On

20. One

21. Where The Streets Have No Name (+ snippet of Amazing Grace - do I need to add this was one of my favourite moments of the concert? :P)

22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

23. With Or Without You

One of my vids for the show (WARNING if you haven't been to a show yet, this video shows how they start the concert so don't watch it if you want to be surprised! :awesome:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBXT-nElGqo]U2 - Intro + Beautiful Day (Brisbane, 09/12/2010)[/ame]