🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Congratulations to Adam Clayton on becoming a father for the first time! He's come a long way from his bad boy days of the 80s and early 90s!

Mega congratulations to the guy!

Congratulations to Adam Clayton on becoming a father for the first time! He's come a long way from his bad boy days of the 80s and early 90s!

That was completely new to me! Now I have also read about it on the Internet.

CONGRATULATIONS to ADAM Clayton. Well done!

WHAT?!!! :shocked2: Congrats man!!!! Do we know if'ts a boy or girl?

WHAT?!!! :shocked2: Congrats man!!!! Do we know if'ts a boy or girl?

It's a BOY!

atu2.comAdam Clayton is a DAD! - U2 Feedback - 16 Jan 2011 ... Adam is the proud father of a little boy ...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/achtung-baby-adam-is-the-proud-father-of -a-little-boy-2498063.html;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton - U2′s Adam Clayton finally becomes a father – Irish ... - 16 Jan 2011 ... The unmarried U2 member Adams Clayton has finally become a father. The Sunday Independent newspaper has revealed that 50-year-old Clayton, ...

u2.theonlynews.com/?p=12071

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors are the boys will be playing Moncton on July 30th. Announcement expected Monday.

Pretty huge news considering the band have never played east of Montreal in Canada (and there is a lot of Canada east of Montreal!!!)

Also rumored: Arcade Fire will be opening.

Guest howyousawtheworld

U2's new album confirmed for May release date

u2_band.jpg

U2 manager Paul McGuinness has confirmed that the new U2 record, their 13th studio album, will be released in May of 2011. Speaking at the Midem music conference in Cannes, France on February 1st 2011, McGuinness spoke about the release date and hinted at how recording sessions have gone. Paul McGuinness is often seen as the fifth member of the Irish rock band, having been teir manager since the band formed more than twenty years ago.

The exact release date of the album has not been confirmed, at the time of writing, with McGuinness only stating that it would be during the month of May. Curiously though, Amazon.com have the new album listed for release on the 27th of May 2011. The working title for the album is Songs of Ascent, a title that was thought to be the name of the album on release. However, McGuinness stated in Cannes that this is unlikely to be the final name for the record, according to AtU2.com.

The record will is being produced by Dangermouse. McGuinness also stated that the songs have nearly all been completed. Now Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr and Adam Clayton are applying the final touches to the tracks in their studio in Southern France. By U2 standards, the previous album, No Line on the Horizon achieved low sales figures. According to United World Chart, the 2004 release, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb more than doubled the sales figures of the last album.

The tour, huge in scope and the number of people that the Irish rockers will have played to, began in Barcelona in 2009 with two dates at Camp Nou. By the tour´s end, the group will have played in dozens of cities all over the world, in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America and North America. According to the Billboard Touring Award, 360 was the highest grossing tour worldwide in 2009 and in 2010. The remaining dates of the tour will see U2 play in cities including Johannesburg, Mexico City, Buenos Aires and cities in the United States and Canada. Over the course of the tour global acts such as Jay-Z, Snow Patrol, Kasabian, the Fray and One Republic have played as guests of the band. The band will close the tour on 30 July in Canada, playing at Moncton with The Arcade Fire providing support.

The band will undoubtedly play the new album on the rest of the tour. It is one of the most anticipated music releases of the year.

http://www.suite101.com/content/u2-new-album-songs-of-ascent-may-release-date-confirmed-a342257

Guest howyousawtheworld

I don't know if it will be on the album but I would absolutely kill if Mercy were on it. Probably refined version of this one though. But how can you improve on perfection??!

Guest howyousawtheworld
This is great news. I actually liked NLOTH, but it never rose to the level of many of my other favorite U2 albums. I still think the title track is fantastic.

I really liked it as well and prefer it to their previous two albums. But unlike you I thought the title track was one of the weaker songs on the album. The likes of Unknown Caller , Breathe and Fez - Being Born I loved.

I'd like U2 to return to the Joshua Tree "soul" they had - songs like Running To Stand Still / Red Hill Mining Town - I want them to write songs from their hearts, rather than throw away pop songs to get on Radio One (Elevation / Get On Yer Boots) - think they need to aim for the mass appeal of the Radio Two crowd now, rather than trying to be relevant to under 24s like they've consistently done until NLOTH.. Think Coldplay proved this with Viva La Vida.

I'd like U2 to return to the Joshua Tree "soul" they had - songs like Running To Stand Still / Red Hill Mining Town - I want them to write songs from their hearts, rather than throw away pop songs to get on Radio One (Elevation / Get On Yer Boots) - think they need to aim for the mass appeal of the Radio Two crowd now, rather than trying to be relevant to under 24s like they've consistently done until NLOTH.. Think Coldplay proved this with Viva La Vida.

Did you listen to Cedars of Lebanon? Or Breathe? Moment of Surrender? Lots of soul on those tracks.

People need to shut up about their Joshua Tree nostalgia. That was over 20 years ago, ain't gonna happen again.

Did you listen to Cedars of Lebanon? Or Breathe? Moment of Surrender? Lots of soul on those tracks.

People need to shut up about their Joshua Tree nostalgia. That was over 20 years ago, ain't gonna happen again.

Yes of course, but it was all a bit like they were trying too hard. I don't know. I can't put my finger on it. Moment Of Surrender is good / great admittedly, as is Magnificent. Oh and I now like the title track No Line On The Horizon. But that's about it.