✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

Ly, all you have to know is that Smoggy is my worst enemy :shifty:

:laugh3::laugh3:

Omg I'm so behind, what's new in the Gorillaz/damon world? :shame:

Gorillaz have hit their world tour and a video for Rhinestone Eyes is out. :smiley:

I am so slow, but I've just realised that that's a cartoon Damon (and the rest of the band) in the rhinestone eyes storyboard! That is beyond cool!! I sound really dumb, but I can't properly figure out which side they're on- the boogieman or Murdoc's. I know they're leading up to a potential battle of the live versus the fictional band, but I don't like the idea of Damon trying to kill 2D though :( :D

There is? :surprised:

I'm even slower than you. :shame:

I kinda like the boogieman. :wacko:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Damon must have been really I-Don't-Give-A-Flying-Fuck-Who-You-Are towards her.

I hope he told her off big time-poor guy probably had to get tested after that!:uhoh2::sick:

Rhinestone Eyes!

Jamie is amazing. :drunk:

I love this. I EFFING LOVE THIS!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Haha! I love how absolutely outraged you are! :laugh3: She really is unbelievable. Cheeky bitch getting all up in his grill :D.

[

http://pinewooddesign.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/banksy/damon-banksy.jpg

Is this the pic you mean Lizzy? Damon looks like such a hobo! I suppose it works for him though - not many people would really recognise him.

I love this! I can't wait to see the video. The whole gang's back together.

That setlist made me squeal! They're playing Plastic beach, and Demon days and Tomorrow Comes Today?!! I am so ridiculously excited for this show. I feel like a child waiting for christmas.

UGH-that bitch makes me squick, seriously. :uneasy:

And I am beyond excited for this show now! Does anyone know if they still do DGLIH/DD as a tribute to Dennis Hopper? I heard they did at one of the festival shows in the summer after he passed?

cookie.gif

NOOOO!!!! Don't be showin that! Trying to stay away from that stuff over here!:laugh3:

I am so slow, but I've just realised that that's a cartoon Damon (and the rest of the band) in the rhinestone eyes storyboard! That is beyond cool!! I sound really dumb, but I can't properly figure out which side they're on- the boogieman or Murdoc's. I know they're leading up to a potential battle of the live versus the fictional band, but I don't like the idea of Damon trying to kill 2D though :( :D

Oh I didn't notice that until you pointed it out! Damo looks like a mean bully kid there! :laugh3:

So I think this puts the record straight that Damon is NOT 2D-that or Damon's just gonna fight his alter ego? Who knows? :laugh3: Either way I luv it!:D

Oh no it's ok I didn't realize it till I watched it a 2nd time either. :D

I hope he told her off big time-poor guy probably had to get tested after that!:uhoh2::sick:

I love this. I EFFING LOVE THIS!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

UGH-that bitch makes me squick, seriously. :uneasy:

And I am beyond excited for this show now! Does anyone know if they still do DGLIH/DD as a tribute to Dennis Hopper? I heard they did at one of the festival shows in the summer after he passed?

NOOOO!!!! Don't be showin that! Trying to stay away from that stuff over here!:laugh3:

Oh I didn't notice that until you pointed it out! Damo looks like a mean bully kid there! :laugh3:

So I think this puts the record straight that Damon is NOT 2D-that or Damon's just gonna fight his alter ego? Who knows? :laugh3: Either way I luv it!:D

LOL Oh Paris, I wouldn't put it pass her. I hope he did get checked. It must of been quite the story to come home and tell Suzi :lol::lol:

And no I don't think they still do the Hopper tribute.. :thinking: but I could be wrong.

Oh no it's ok I didn't realize it till I watched it a 2nd time either. :D

LOL Oh Paris, I wouldn't put it pass her. I hope he did get checked. It must of been quite the story to come home and tell Suzi :lol::lol:

And no I don't think they still do the Hopper tribute.. :thinking: but I could be wrong.

OY-I think if I were Damo I'd almost be afraid to tell her-even though Damon obviously did NOT want that! :laugh3:

tHX for that BB-I didn't hear anything so I'm assuming that they only did that once for him, but curiosity got me!

Dude, Suzi would turn ghetto real fast!! I have a feeling she has some street cred. I wouldn't want to mess with an angry Suzi :laugh3:

And yeah no probs. It's always weird to know when to stop doing tributes to someone I guess. :uhoh:

:laugh3: Nah I wouldn't want to either-I'm sure she's really cool normally but I think under those circumstances, not a great idea!

Yeah I know that after Michael Jackson's murder-erm, passing, a few bands at the time were doing tributes to him for the remainder of their tours (of course Coldplay with 'Billie Jean' among others-hell I even heard a rumor that Blur played 'Country House' in his memory during their Glasto show, which to me is really sweet). So yeah I didn't know if Gorillaz did that for him during a few shows or just one, but either way it was awesome that they did. :D :heart:

Hahaha wut? I didn't know that about Blur dedicating Country House to MJ...

I wonder why Country House? "He's knocking back prozac..." maybe? lol

Yeah I read a quote someone said on the Blur forum about that once? But that was the only time I heard about it, so not sure.

:laugh3: God I forgot about that line! Maybe if it was true then it wasn't meant to be nice? *giggles*

^ Yeah it's in French but osdmglskgkdjfgkl all these pics are getting me so exited :bomb:

damonalbarn2.jpg

:freak:

Aren't those beautiful? I cross-posted to our Damon thread as well!

And YES I changed the 'Canadian' to 'French' in my last post!:laugh3: Thats what I meant to say-whaddya want from me? The crazy schedule from inventory this weekend is just NOW hitting me!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::P:P:P Thank God I have tomorrow off! (which means I'm gonna go look for that GQ-it HAS to be out by tomorrow as Tuesdays are always street days for new media, and it has been about a month since that came out in the UK-and YES I'm rambling I know! :P:P:P

Yeah I know that after Michael Jackson's murder-erm, passing, a few bands at the time were doing tributes to him for the remainder of their tours (of course Coldplay with 'Billie Jean' among others-hell I even heard a rumor that Blur played 'Country House' in his memory during their Glasto show, which to me is really sweet). So yeah I didn't know if Gorillaz did that for him during a few shows or just one, but either way it was awesome that they did. :D :heart:

Serious shit? :O

Country House... :uhoh:

Love that song though. :charming:

Yeah I read a quote someone said on the Blur forum about that once? But that was the only time I heard about it, so not sure.

:laugh3: God I forgot about that line! Maybe if it was true then it wasn't meant to be nice? *giggles*

Aw, I'm sure they didn't do it to be mean. I read recently enough that Damon criticised Jarvis for the stunt he pulled on MJ in the 90s. Plus, Gorillaz paid tribute to him in the Clint Eastwood video, so I really doubt he would have been making fun of him.

Well this is random as fuck. A new Gorillaz single out of no where. Damon was just on BBC1 ( I missed the interview with Zane Lowe) where he released the new single.

Doncamatic:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwKcXfUmLkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwKcXfUmLkk[/ame]

Doesn't sound like a Gorillaz song too much, very poppy and simple, it's good though. He must of been itching to write another pop song or something.

Well this is random as fuck. A new Gorillaz single out of no where. Damon was just on BBC1 ( I missed the interview with Zane Lowe) where he released the new single.

Doncamatic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwKcXfUmLkk

Doesn't sound like a Gorillaz song too much, very poppy and simple, it's good though. He must of been itching to write another pop song or something.

I'm gonna be honest here. I don't like it. If they wanted to do a chart-topping song, they could have done something better than this. Sounds too poppy and there are a million tracks that sounds like this. Plus, i thought Daley sounded like a woman.

The instrumental part is great though, love the trumpets at the beginning. And i wonder how this would have turned out if it was sang comletely by Damon.

Oh, and there's a poll at G-U about how would you rate this song. Seeing the results, you can clearly see the separation of the fandom right in the middle. Some love it and some hate it.

Serious shit? :O

Country House... :uhoh:

Love that song though. :charming:

:laugh3: Right? It is an awesome song!:D

Aw, I'm sure they didn't do it to be mean. I read recently enough that Damon criticised Jarvis for the stunt he pulled on MJ in the 90s. Plus, Gorillaz paid tribute to him in the Clint Eastwood video, so I really doubt he would have been making fun of him.

Awww I didn't know that about Damon about Jarvis! I :heart: that they do the Thriller dance in CE too!:D

I admit I'm a big fan of Michael and Janet-they are obviously both originals that have been copied over and over. :heart:

Doncamatic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwKcXfUmLkk

I'm gonna be honest here. I don't like it. If they wanted to do a chart-topping song, they could have done something better than this. Sounds too poppy and there are a million tracks that sounds like this. Plus, i thought Daley sounded like a woman.

The instrumental part is great though, love the trumpets at the beginning. And i wonder how this would have turned out if it was sang comletely by Damon.

Oh, and there's a poll at G-U about how would you rate this song. Seeing the results, you can clearly see the separation of the fandom right in the middle. Some love it and some hate it.

Thank you for bringing this to us Lizzy and LM !!!!!!:D I haven't got to listen to it yet as I'm catching up on correspondence right now, but am about to!

Lol, yeah I was surprised when I heard it too. I didn't like it the first few listens. Now I sort of do... I don't know it's wearing off on me lol.

It is very simple pop song, but I'm not too worried.

Daley DOES sound like a woman :laugh3:

I wish Damon sang all of it :P

Oh god, I bet the GU forum does have their 2 cents on it as well, those Negative Nancys lol. :dozey:

Lol, yeah I was surprised when I heard it too. I didn't like it the first few listens. Now I sort of do... I don't know it's wearing off on me lol.

It is very simple pop song, but I'm not too worried.

Daley DOES sound like a woman :laugh3:

I wish Damon sang all of it :P

Oh god, I bet the GU forum does have their 2 cents on it as well, those Negative Nancys lol. :dozey:

It is one of those types of songs that grows on you. Daley, to me, seems to have an MJ quality to his voice (yeah back to that again!:laugh3:)

It's definitely pop, but Dare is too when you think about it. And I agree more Damon is wanted (though him chanting 'talk to me' does something to me, cannot lie!:wink3:)

I may be alone on this but I really enjoyed it on my first listen, only heard it twice so far. I agree Shani his voice sounding Michael Jackson alike in some ways. I would have preferred it if Damon had sung it to be honest yes, I was a tad dissapointed by that, I do like some chart pop music, not all of it, so I guess I'm easily sold to :lol:

I may be alone on this but I really enjoyed it on my first listen, only heard it twice so far. I agree Shani his voice sounding Michael Jackson alike in some ways. I would have preferred it if Damon had sung it to be honest yes, I was a tad dissapointed by that, I do like some chart pop music, not all of it, so I guess I'm easily sold to :lol:

Right? I think they could have split the vocals a bit more!:(

I must say I really don't like the new single. And I thought the singer was a woman at first :blank:

:laugh3: That does throw ya doesn't it?

I'm still waiting for a link to the interview too. I don't think it's out yet, Shani. I'll of course post it if I find anything though.

THX BB-you are awesome!!! :hug:

And, the GQ STILL is not here yet! :whaaat: I swear to God BOTH the US and UK versions have been out for at least a month already. They GOTTA be here next week.

Lol the more I listen to this song the more I find it catchy. I don't care if it's not the normal Gorillaz stuff, Damon always likes to try something different. It's almost refreshing that he is going back to his pop roots, the lyrics sound like something that would be on an early Blur record.

Aww Shani, you will get your hands on that magazine soon enough :lol: