🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

they are being incredibly secretive about this album... i mean if dravs has been working with them for 6 months it must be pretty far along and they've literally said NOTHING about it yet. but i guess it just makes it that much more exciting... i'm definitely looking forward to this more than any other upcoming release.

i just found this article.. it has a tiny bit more info.

http://www.thevine.com.au/music/articles/arcade-fire's-third-record-confirmed-for-2010,-'better'.aspx

Montreal troupe Arcade Fire has been at work on a third album throughout 2009, and it’s likely to emerge mid next year. Billboard in the US is the first to report that the follow-up to 2007’s lauded Neon Bible “is currently on track for a May release”.

Not much else is known about the highly-anticipated record, despite BBC this week revealing that the band had spent six months in the studio with producer Markus Dravs. Having served as engineer on Neon Bible, Dravs has also manned the boards for Bjork’s Homogenic, Brian Eno’s Nerve Net and – rejoice Arcade Fire fans – Coldplay’s Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends.

Also revealed in the Billboard report is news that “the band is weighing multiple offers for live shows in the spring, and will likely take a top slot at one or more of the major North American summer festivals”.

Arcade Fire Album and Tour in Spring?

arcadefire.jpgBillboard reports that Montreal indie megastars Arcade Fire, the band responsible for Pitchfork's #2 album of the decade, will have a new album on shelves around the time the weather gets warm again. They'll also play some shows this summer, so get ready for a fresh round of epicness. None of this has been confirmed yet, but we sure hope it's true!

The details: The as-yet-untitled third Arcade Fire album is scheduled for a May release. According to the BBC, the band has been working with Coldplay/Björk producer Markus Dravs, who engineered Arcade Fire's last album, 2007's Neon Bible. That tidbit of info came from Marcus Mumford of the band Mumford and Sons, who have also worked with Dravs. Mumford claims that Dravs is calling the new Arcade Fire songs "better". That's a lot of hearsay involving people named Marcus, but we'll take it.

Before the album drops, Arcade Fire will also release a new single, according to Billboard. Billboard also claims that the band is considering offers for live shows, including summer festivals, so start limbering up your vocal chords for the big singalongs.

http://pitchfork.com/news/37278-arcade-fire-album-and-tour-in-spring/

my brother subscribes to entertainment weekly and this issua has the top 100 things of the decade. in it the Arcade Fire makes an appearance for their album Funeral at spot #98. They say "Finers are generally somber affairs, but the Canadian indie rockers' emotionally charged 2004 debut mostly just made us smile. And, okay, mist up a little."

in terms of a top 10 music list they post in the end of the article, Funeral comes in at #7.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...