✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the Backstreet Boys thread!!

weedy_gonzalez

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt' date=' do they still dance? :o :lol:[/quote']

For a few of the older songs but mostly they have stopped doing that and just walk and stand and use fire, explosions, fake snow and flashing lights as the big thrillers!

Matt

Manufactured bands like that always have to use dancing and special effects to disguise their other inadequacies.

Talented musicians (e.g. Coldplay) just sing and play.........................they don't have to rely on any of that stuff! :cool:

Manufactured bands like that always have to use dancing and special effects to disguise their other inadequacies.

Talented musicians (e.g. Coldplay) just sing and play.........................they don't have to rely on any of that stuff! :cool:

Do not mistake showmanship with lack of talent :D

Coldplay have also started to use some pyrotechnics for this tour and are more lively on stage e.g. bounding around on stage, showing-off their guitar skills more. So by your reckoning, does that mean their talent is less now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternatively of course, is that Coldplay have learnt new skills and explored new areas to become better performers now :)

Do not mistake showmanship with lack of talent :D

Coldplay have also started to use some pyrotechnics for this tour and are more lively on stage e.g. bounding around on stage, showing-off their guitar skills more. So by your reckoning, does that mean their talent is less now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternatively of course, is that Coldplay have learnt new skills and explored new areas to become better performers now :)

Not the same at all. There's a difference between moving around on stage (you don't expect them to be "statues") and performing carefully choreographed dance steps (e.g. the Backdoor Boys).

Lighting doesn't count - all concerts have that.

Dance ROUTINES are performed by those who are compensating for a lack of talent WHERE IT MATTERS!! :smug:

There are plenty of people out there who are good SHOWMEN (Robbie Williams, for example). Those in boy bands HAVE TO be.

Those whose music is to the fore DON'T necessarily have to be.

Chris Martin aside, I wouldn't say that the members of Coldplay are particularly good SHOWMEN - but in their case, it most definitely ISN'T necessary, as the music speaks FAR louder than any "actions" ever could!! :cool:

manufactured bands...

that sound like they haven't talent...

maybe the band was formed by a casting, but they're really talented... just listen to them singing a capella and you'l see the great voices that they have...

I don't doubt they can sing a bit, but it's what you do with your "talent" that counts - and what they produce is mega "cheesey"!!

The same goes for N "Sick", "Waste"life and "Let"fly. The list is endless....................

Plus they're all image-obsessed - and I met the Backdoor Boys once and thought they were a bunch of arrogant assholes!! Far too full of themselves. :angry:

don't compare...

they're really talented, they can sing, they can dance, they've been in the group for 12 years...

tell me one another "boyband" who keeps united for so much time...

please don't compare...

and if you don't like those group just don't listen to them.. pesonally I don't like nsync for example but I don't need to laugh about them or say that they sucks... live and let to live...

don't compare...

they're really talented, they can sing, they can dance, they've been in the group for 12 years...

tell me one another "boyband" who keeps united for so much time...

please don't compare...

and if you don't like those group just don't listen to them.. pesonally I don't like nsync for example but I don't need to laugh about them or say that they sucks... live and let to live...

ALL boy bands "suck" - period!! :P

superficial??

tell me what's is superficial and what's not... there's songs of backstreet boys or from anyone else that really make you think or remember something...

there's beautiful and bad sogns from all artists

and the worst think is to say what another people thinks ... make your own ideas...

superficial??

tell me what's is superficial and what's not... there's songs of backstreet boys or from anyone else that really make you think or remember something...

there's beautiful and bad sogns from all artists

and the worst think is to say what another people thinks ... make your own ideas...

Boy bands are carefully manufactured "products", aimed at teenies, whose members are chosen based on their looks more than anything else.

The songs they release are in the main lightweight pop tunes with catchy melodies and lyrics which don't really say anything.

The Backdoor Boys did indeed release some pretty decent poppy dance songs in the mid-nineties - certainly much better than anything produced by N "Sick".

That's fine in itself, but those kinds of groups could never be taken seriously, as they are the music equivalent of "bubblegum".

It is indeed quite a feat that the BBs are still around ten years later, but their days are numbered, as are those of all boy bands.

They will never again be the force they were ten years ago as many of their fans will have grown out of them, and I very much doubt they will still be around in ANOTHER ten years' time, unlike bands who aren't so reliant on their image.................................................

their days aren't numbered

and yeah.. they're cute guys...

but they can sing.. and that makes the difference

and how your signature says...

be yourself, now matter anyone else thinks... I like the backstreet boys no matter what... I think that they're a great group and they're all very talented...

their days aren't numbered

and yeah.. they're cute guys...

but they can sing.. and that makes the difference

1. If they're still together (and having hits) in ten years' time, I'll eat my hat!!

2. Being "cute" (or not) should have nothing to do with it.

3. Being able to sing is obviously an advantage, but that doesn't do anything for the cringeworthy lyrical content (e.g. "Backstreet's back - all right" and "No matter where you are, near or far, what you do (?) as long as you love me") or the overall poppy "sound"....................................

And I can't respect any band who will send their "bouncer" over to a DJ and threaten to leave a club unless he plays "their" choice of music (which they bring with them) or take advantage of groupies who are too young to know any better!! :angry: