✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the Backstreet Boys thread!!

weedy_gonzalez

[ "No matter where you are, near or far, what you do (?) as long as you love me") or

is that a song from bsb.. I don't think that...

and well.. it's music... there's music for every situacion.. and well.. some lyrics aren't so good.. but well... there's people who only wants to have fun and forget their problems for a little while...

and if you are not able to respect another people you're really really bad...

and groupies.. please.. I'm 18 and I think I'm a smart person.. and If I like them is for their music and their talent... not for if they are beautiful or handsome or things like that...

and young is not equal to stupids or superficial...

like older doens't means mature or deep

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ "No matter where you are, near or far, what you do (?) as long as you love me") or

is that a song from bsb.. I don't think that...

and well.. it's music... there's music for every situacion.. and well.. some lyrics aren't so good.. but well... there's people who only wants to have fun and forget their problems for a little while...

and if you are not able to respect another people you're really really bad...

and groupies.. please.. I'm 18 and I think I'm a smart person.. and If I like them is for their music and their talent... not for if they are beautiful or handsome or things like that...

and young is not equal to stupids or superficial...

like older doens't means mature or deep

1. The lyric quoted is from one of their biggest hits of all time, "As Long As You Love Me". I thought you were a fan?? :huh:

2. I'm not saying the music they make isn't necessarily "fun" - I didn't mind playing it when I was DJing.

All I'm saying is it's lightweight and can't be taken seriously, unlike music by the likes of Coldplay, U2 etc.

3. I saw what the band did in terms of their "groupies" and I wasn't impressed.

4. Then I take it you don't have any posters of them on your wall, then? :P

I'm 21 years old and I don't care if people think it is odd that I like them, it is my life and my tastes and they have apologize for a lot of mistakes they individually did especially AJ so I respect them for that!

Matt

Aha - but have they apologised for making "bubblegum" music?? :P

I'm 21 years old and I don't care if people think it is odd that I like them, it is my life and my tastes and they have apologize for a lot of mistakes they individually did especially AJ so I respect them for that!

Matt

that's cool then :cool: i was just wondering, but it's great you don't give a damn what anyone thinks :)

1. The lyric quoted is from one of their biggest hits of all time, "As Long As You Love Me". I thought you were a fan?? :huh:

2. I'm not saying the music they make isn't necessarily "fun" - I didn't mind playing it when I was DJing.

All I'm saying is it's lightweight and can't be taken seriously, unlike music by the likes of Coldplay, U2 etc.

3. I saw what the band did in terms of their "groupies" and I wasn't impressed.

4. Then I take it you don't have any posters of them on your wall, then? :P

1.. the song is.. "I don't care who you are, where' you're from, what you did, as long as you love me.. and I'm a real fan ok....

2. I have so much poster of many band in my wall ok.... a beatles poster , one of the simpsons and that knid of stuff..

3. if I like U2 and coldplay and the backstreet boys too is my problem and I take seriously only the things that worth it.. and some songs of the bsb are really great and deep and make you think about things.. really... just look for example show me the meaning or never gone, the song wihich titles the new album...

4. not all the fans are groupies... like not all the coldplay's fans atre the same knid of fan or person...

we all are different.. and that's cool...

What's wrong with bubblegum music? What makes it more relevant/better in any way than 'serious' music? mc_squared, I think you need to re-examine the original social context for music (and all arts for that matter)... Of course there are other purposes e.g. to educate & inspire, but first and foremost, music's original purpose was primarily to entertain. So based on this, I don't think u can devalue bubblegum music, for all its manufactured, intellectually rubbishy's worth... It entertains many people well enough, especially the less-sophisticated (but bigger in number) masses.

Anyway, this 'bubblegum pop' music tag is all relative. I'm sure there are some higher-than-thou music snobs out there e.g. certain fans of Radiohead or even classical music who would condemn Coldplay and U2 for churning out 'bubblegum, manufactured rubbish'...

this thread must die

why can't people say what they think.. why cannot I say what I think..

let me say what I think and what I feel.. about something and give my opinion.. everyone has the right for do that...

Perhaps, but this thread belongs over on the "Pop Justice" forum, with all the other "bubblegum" teeny music!! :P

Re: d

sipo...mexicana 100%...no muy orgullosa...prefiero otro lugar!...ja! :P

:angry: how can you not be proud of ur country, specially mexico :angry:

yeah it has its problems like any other country, ok,ok HUGE PROBLEMS, but still, i dong live there anymore but i am still damn proud to have aztec blood running through my veins

anyways---i hate the bsb----i use to like them in the 90's and i guess i still like those songs but i hate them now

That's because you've grown out of them - as most people do!! :D

Oh if you don't like them then stop posting in this thread.

People should be allowed to like what they like without someone critising their choice and making 'jokes' about the band they like!

I'm with Matt, if he likes their music then that's upto him, there's plenty of other threads about other bands on here, go talk in there rather than posting a stream of insults in here!