🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this line; "Well, this estranged organ in my chest, it beats for you, it will not rest".

It's a good line.

How did she come up with that?! :lol:

Maybe she thought "Whats a good way to describe an aching heart and rhyme with rest at the same time?"

How the hell did they find each other?!

Well Glen had known Mar and her sister Suzana from years earlier, in fact Mar and Suzana recorded a version of "Star Star" on the Frames' album Breadcrumb Trail. Years later Glen and Mar were contacted by the director of the movie Beauty In Trouble, who wanted them to record songs for the movie. They worked so well together Glen decided it was time to put together a solo album and voila...Swell Season was born.

Or..was that a rhetorical question?

It's a good line.

Maybe she thought "Whats a good way to describe an aching heart and rhyme with rest at the same time?"

Well Glen had known Mar and her sister Suzana from years earlier, in fact Mar and Suzana recorded a version of "Star Star" on the Frames' album Breadcrumb Trail. Years later Glen and Mar were contacted by the director of the movie Beauty In Trouble, who wanted them to record songs for the movie. They worked so well together Glen decided it was time to put together a solo album and voila...Swell Season was born.

Or..was that a rhetorical question?

It was a rhetorical question actually, but that's pretty cool!

Hmm..I'm not crazy about it either. Glen just randomly singing to them camera with the occasional mar shot...not very interesting or hooking. Do love Glen's mask at like 2:00 though, it's class. Almost as good as the Mexican Death mask from the Breadcrumb Trail Tour.

Ah, good times.

DP!

From facebook!

Strict Joy songbooks are now available from Alfred music books. Featuring piano/vocal/chords of every song from the album, along with four bonus songs from Once, the songbook can be ordered as a paperback book or as individual song PDF downloads.

Alfred . Strict Joy Songbook (Paperback Mailorder)

Amazon . Strict Joy Songbook (Paperback Mailorder)

Total Sheet Music . Strict Joy Songbook (PDF Dowloads)

This is awesome!

Possible First Ever Appearance of 'Falling Slowly'

This fossil turned up on The Frames messageboard, supposedly from 2002.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isi_wMGHHwU]YouTube- The Swell Season - Falling Slowly (2002)[/ame]

I'll say what I said on that messageboard. Everyone says it's from 2002 and I'd believe it looking at Glen but not Marketa, she looks exactly the same as she does now. It is a little strange the way they are eyeing each other when she's 14(?) and he's 32(?). Even if they were just doing it to enhance the song, it's still a little weird noting the age difference. Still, fucking brilliant version of the song, as good as if not better than in Once.