✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I talk shit about Coldplay

The Reckoner 00

Yeah I have to agree with you on the "who you're with" idea. I went with my husband to this show. He got us tickets after he pissed me off and went to the Oasis Show at MSG a month earlier without me. We almost didn't get married because of it!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have to agree with you on the "who you're with" idea. I went with my husband to this show. He got us tickets after he pissed me off and went to the Oasis Show at MSG a month earlier without me. We almost didn't get married because of it!!

whoa. I'm glad that got worked out!

My girlfriend forbade me from going to see Bright Eyes without her when they (he) was touring for I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning. I should have gone anyway and worked it out with her later.

Her reasoning was that because she couldn't go (it was on a Sunday night and she was living at school, a good hour from Chicago) I shouldn't go without her. It was the most ridiculous request I'd ever heard. It was a lose-lose situation, really. I lost because I didn't get to see the show when I REALLY wanted to and I would have lost if I had gone because she can become very emotional and all that jazz.

Yeah Girls can be emotional... I know personally. I'll tell you something now that we are married, he won't go to a show with out me. Not because I won't let him but because the experience just wouldn't be the same if we weren't togeather. Bright Eyes would have been a great concert. Wonder what's going on with him. There was a lot of hype over his double release but as fast as it came it seems to be gone???

Yeah Girls can be emotional... I know personally. I'll tell you something now that we are married' date=' he won't go to a show with out me. Not because I won't let him but because the experience just wouldn't be the same if we weren't togeather. Bright Eyes would have been a great concert. Wonder what's going on with him. There was a lot of hype over his double release but as fast as it came it seems to be gone???[/quote']

I still listen to it...

but it feels weird to go to shows without her. I haven't really gone to any big shows without her. I remember seeing Sigur Ros with her. That was absolute bliss; the only show that has actually brought me to tears.

Actually I just read the review in Rolling Stone about their album. They got 3 and 1/2 stars. That's usually my cut off for downloading albums so I listened to a few. As for bright eyes, I had both of the CD's in constant rotation at my work computer but I've lost touch with it. I'm a bigger fan of Maria Taylor, she's the girl that sings in some of the songs. Well she put out a solo album not too long ago, 11:11. I have to say, I love it. But then again I am partial to girl singer/songwriters and especially girl rockers!!!

Actually I just read the review in Rolling Stone about their album. They got 3 and 1/2 stars. That's usually my cut off for downloading albums so I listened to a few. As for bright eyes' date=' I had both of the CD's in constant rotation at my work computer but I've lost touch with it. I'm a bigger fan of Maria Taylor, she's the girl that sings in some of the songs. Well she put out a solo album not too long ago, 11:11. I have to say, I love it. But then again I am partial to girl singer/songwriters and especially girl rockers!!![/quote']

then you must love my sigpic. Or you SHOULD love it.

Didn't Orenda Fink just put out a solo album, too? How does 11:11 compare to Azure Ray material?

I'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread but i dont think anyone should leave or be dissed just because he/she has a different opinion than you, in this case, something negative about coldplay---who i love with all my heart

but spamming and blabing of the same comment all over the place, should not be acceptable----dont know which of the two Reckonner is

Reckoner, I cant agree with you---i love coldplay with all my heart and i love all their songs--maybe you're just too critical----i just listen to a song, and if i like it, i like, and thats that--i really dont sit and analyze instrument using, sounds, details, etc..

I think that at this point Coldplay will either become a great band and come out with something or get lost in the Hype like you're saying. I have to agree that this album didn't touch me like the last two but I also have seen them in concert at Madison Square Garden (one of the most famous venues in the US) and it was an amazing experience.

I agree. The funny thing is, most of us I think would agree that their third album was supposed to answer this question... And, it hasn't :o They delayed answering this question with X&Y, and now have even bigger boots to fill on their next one.

So here's the thing....

I appreciate this great debate but I'm over it. Let's all agree to disagree and move on. As it's been said before, we all have our opinions and we're allowed to. At least this thread wasn't full of:

Person A: "You suck, assface! You don't like Coldplay so that must mean that you suck!"

Person B: "Coldplay sucks! So that must mean that because Coldplay sucks, YOU SUCK!"

You get where I'm going with this...

Yay for having your own POV and yay for having a forum to do so. And with that...enjoy!!!!

I'm off to listen to X&Y!!!! :lol:

It seems that my point has been severely missed by some people. I don't actually talk shit. I just saw it in another thread and decided to use it drum a little attention to my opinion.

As far as sounds and details and songs go, referring to a previous post by lilchick, I didn't like what I heard, so rather than just dismiss the album and say it's absolute crap, I analyzed why I didn't like it so I could figure out what I WOULD like to hear. I guess that's just the way I work. I want to know why I don't like rather than just accept I don't like it.

And I definitely don't fall into spammer or blabber, unless of course, your definition of either of those is incongruent with the majority of society.

AND, DAMMIT, MUSIC IS SERIOUS!!! :angry:

:D

i think it's good to have these threads where we discuss why we liked/disliked the album....back in June/July, that is.

I've also expressed why I didn't love 'X&Y' as much as 'Parachutes' and 'AROBTTH'....back in June/July, that is.

Why can't we move on? Should we still discuss why we loved/hated 'Parachutes' and 'AROBTTH'?

Am i the only person who thinks X&Y is the best thing since sliced bread?!?

I never thought Parachutes/AROBTTH could be beaten by anything, and on 1st listen i didnt think X&Y would ever be my favourite album of theirs, but now it definatley is. I agree that alot has changed since Parachutes and it does sound alot more edited, but to me it just sounds like so much more of an album than the others, more whole and varied. I think its incredible. :)

We're all little pussycats here at the Coldplaying forum, aren't we?

:lol:

Meow.

I mean really. I've gotten the point where I'm totally void of emotion when reading people bitch about Coldplay.

It just... I feel sad? Ok. I lived 3 years getting made fun of because Coldplay was uncool where I live. People seriously would pick on me because of this. So I never brought my cds to school because I was "embaressed" (Well, no I wasn't. It's just I didn't feel like dealing with the immaturity that surrounded people judging my musical taste). Then, WHAM! In the past year and a half everyone at my school is all "Wow, you like Coldplay too? Awesome! How about that song..."

I never saw Coldplay before this year (I was only 13 when I got into them). I don't know how their performances compare to those during the Parachutes "era", I only know from the Live '03 DVD. They never came around where I am then. So, frankly, I absolutely love their popularity right now. They're everywhere. If you love a band, shouldn't you be happy for that? I'd rather have a lot of people go buy their albums, give them the payback they deserve, sell out a crowd of 20,000 and not be made fun of for wearing a Coldplay shirt to school.

What makes a band "sell out" though? I mean, is it having Chris Martin's child plastered all over Extra? Is that the band's fault? I mean, is it really their fault that they can't play a gig in a hotel bar anymore? Is it them caring about LARGE issues in the world and speaking out about it? I'm really trying to understand this, because frankly every single band I've ever liked has been friggin' accused of "selling out" then people make me feel like shit for still liking them.

/end built up emotional tyrade.

This isn't directed to those who posted here, or really anyone. I'm just... really tired of complaining. I wish they'd come out with another album so I could stop hearing about X&Y. I feel lame for liking X&Y. It's like I'm going back in time. And this times it's actual fans who make me feel this way, not ghetto wearing G-Unit rapping poser emos who walk around my town. It's... very frustrating. I shouldn't care so much, but that's just the way I am.

Oh well. I apologize if I offended anyone? But I really don't. Because that's how I feel.

Am i the only person who thinks X&Y is the best thing since sliced bread?!?

I never thought Parachutes/AROBTTH could be beaten by anything, and on 1st listen i didnt think X&Y would ever be my favourite album of theirs, but now it definatley is. I agree that alot has changed since Parachutes and it does sound alot more edited, but to me it just sounds like so much more of an album than the others, more whole and varied. I think its incredible. :)

No way Steph, I agree. I REALLY liked Coldplay before but X&Y has been the push to get me to be willing to pay over £200 to go and see them live! :lol:

Thats it Dannielle let it all out! I totally know how you feel, except i still get mocked for liking Coldplay as none of my friends like them except one guy that im going to the concert with. It drives me nuts. And if one more of my friends says that Chris Martin is lame for drawing the = on his hand i will scream!!! :angry: I think it's fucking marvelous that he's so passionate about MTF and speaking out about what he believes in-something that way too many people are scared of doing and thats really sad. Grrrr.

Yeah, there's still this one kid who always comes up behind me and goes "I loooove Coldplay I go home and cry and listen to them. Then I listen to them some more. And all I do is cry because the music is SOOO beautiful! *sob*"

Mocking me. I hate it.

I think we should have a seperate area of this forum entitled "Let's all love Coldplay! " and another area titled "Let's all rag on Coldplay!". It'd make my life a lot easier, instead of scrolling through all the threads that are devoted to one of the two.

:snore: