✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I talk shit about Coldplay

The Reckoner 00

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all brainwashed!!! ;)

yes we dont have the exact same opinion about music as you. we must be brainwashed. your a thinker... :rolleyes:

grow up.

Of all the things I posted, THAT is what you chose to take to heart and comment on?

1. Go to http://www.dictionary.com

2. Type in "sarcasm" at the top of the screen.

3. Read.

4. Get back to me on what you've discovered.

And Christiana: I'm not making fun of anyone. Please don't come in this thread and report something that isn't true.

And whoever else called me a dumb person, please, get a hold of yourself. I posted exactly what I felt about an album and a series of events I see as unfortunate in the world of music. If you guys don't see how genuine I am about my feelings for Coldplay and their progression then I have failed.

PS, I don't think it's fair to Tolkien to compare Coldplay's unfortunate musical direction to his masterpiece, Lord of the Rings. If you WERE going to continue that train of thought, what release would be The Hobbit?

ahem.....

hahaha

my I Talk Shit About Coldplay thread was overrun by teeny-boppers! hahaha That just cracks me up to no end.

... {quote} found in the Kyle thread in the lounge

kinda rings of making fun of others to me... so thus my statement was correct. but hey, if chuckling at teenagers and others whose opinions differ from yours is your thing, go wild!! it's rather sad, but whatever...

ahem.....

hahaha

my I Talk Shit About Coldplay thread was overrun by teeny-boppers! hahaha That just cracks me up to no end.

... {quote} found in the Kyle thread in the lounge

kinda rings of making fun of others to me... so thus my statement was entirely correct. but hey, if chuckling at teenagers and others whose opinions differ from yours is your thing, go wild!! it's rather sad, but whatever...

just wanted to tell you all that this guy only started this thread to make fun of us who frequent the "coldplay" section of the board. he was joking about it getting so long... what an ass!!

What I was referring to were a handful of posts by giggling girls. By stretching that beyond its original limits to ALL people that post in the Coldplay section, you are not only doing a gross disservice to me and what I posted, you are also including everyone else in your disservice.

In sum, I believe that your statement proves itself false in this case. I am entirely genuine about views I have expressed in this thread. I have not made any comments referring to this thread as a way to make fun of people who frequent the Coldplay section. Unless you have stronger evidence than what you have posted, I suggest you move along and let it go.

Who are the giggling teenyboppers who posted a reply to this thread? Looking back through it, we all made articulate, intelligent responses. We might not agree with your opinion, we might be younger than you, but why does that make a person a "teenybopper"? I don't think anyone was giggling in this. I certainly wasn't.

Please list the names of everyone on this board who is a giggling teenybopper. Then tell me what makes them that. Support your argument instead of making a wide generalization perhaps only based upon that information you see on the left of your screen under someone's avatar.

I'm so sorry. It's just I've heard people say that before about people on here and I'd really like to see it come to an end.

Oh yes, and thank you gentleparachute for your response back. I understand totally where people are coming from on this. I was initially quite disapointed with X&Y. It took me a good 2 weeks to really get into it and accept the music for what it is. It's just a difference of personality, I suppose. I feel that what's the point obsessing about how much better something could be if you SERIOUSLY can do nothing about it? But that's just the way I am. Just like how I listen and take people too seriously. Whenever someone puts down something I like I feel as though I've just got someone judging me and then I feel that if all these people don't like something that I just seem to, then I've got to be the one with problems. It's my anxiety problem, I know, because I go through this with a lot of things in my life.

I just think, every now and then, that I should speak up for how I feel. It's always easiest, in my opinion, to be the 100th critic rather than the first admirer.

Geez. I feel like I care way too deeply about this.

Feel free to go post shit about me in the lounge because I'm making this thread grow more. I really don't care. And these things I'm writing, they're truly not directed towards anyone on here. Maybe I didn't make that clear on my first post. I'm not talking specifically towards the person who opened this thread, I am not talking to anyone. And no one can listen, because I really don't need anyone to.

yes we dont have the exact same opinion about music as you. we must be brainwashed. your a thinker... :rolleyes:

grow up.

Of all the things I posted, THAT is what you chose to take to heart and comment on?

3. Read.

That is sarcasm in itself...

grow up.

3. Read.

And Christiana: I'm not making fun of anyone. Please don't come in this thread and report something that isn't true.

And whoever else called me a dumb person, please, get a hold of yourself. I posted exactly what I felt about an album and a series of events I see as unfortunate in the world of music. If you guys don't see how genuine I am about my feelings for Coldplay and their progression then I have failed.

PS, I don't think it's fair to Tolkien to compare Coldplay's unfortunate musical direction to his masterpiece, Lord of the Rings. If you WERE going to continue that train of thought, what release would be The Hobbit?

Hahaha your a goon.

my goon, what? I don't have a goon. I don't have a thinker.

And his what is making you blush. USE A FUCKING NOUN AFTER TYPING "YOUR" BECAUSE "YOUR" IS POSSESSIVE!

Unless of course....

yourretarded.244.home_thumb.jpg

I have faith you're not, but it's up to you to prove one way or the other...

an_cat: I admit, I may have "misspoken" when referring to a few responses here as done by "teeny-boppers." I read through it again last night and feel that it was an incorrect assessment.

And his what is making you blush. USE A FUCKING NOUN AFTER TYPING "YOUR" BECAUSE "YOUR" IS POSSESSIVE!

Unless of course....

I have faith you're not, but it's up to you to prove one way or the other...

an_cat: I admit, I may have "misspoken" when referring to a few responses here as done by "teeny-boppers." I read through it again last night and feel that it was an incorrect assessment.

haha you are a goon. nice...

f

Unless of course....

I have faith you're not, but it's up to you to prove one way ......

its you're ............notyou 're (ahem, carefull with that spacebar) :rolleyes:

Unless ofcourse :lol:

What's up with all this namecalling :rolleyes: I wanna see blood

^^^ Well, thank you so much guys for all your efforts over the weekend in giving me my entertainment of the day :lol: :lol: :lol:

An_cat, I get that you come from the "there's no use moping unless you can do something about it make lemonade with lemons" school of thought... I used to be like that too. But as I said earlier, I think what The Reckoner 00 was trying to do when he started this thread was to share his worries about the direction Coldplay are heading with any other fans who might happen to feel the same way... He didn't mean to launch a direct attack on the X&Y supporters. And I don't think he exactly invited the 'think positive aka X&Y is God' :P support gang to contribute their opinions here either.

It sounds harsh, but I think those of us who disagree with The Reckoner 00's original post do not need to criticise his post in his thread... Go start a new thread elsewhere about how Coldplay are doing everything right and dispute his point of view if you must / want to there. I mean afterall he did give ample warning... the title's called "I talk shit about Coldplay" :rolleyes: How much more explicit can it get than that? I'm sure his post didn't mean to show the band any disrespect. Again like I said earlier, sure you can like/love Coldplay for a million and one reasons and create threads expressing such sentiments, but I'm sure that does not preclude others from saying their piece to the contrary, right?

Oh, and I am happy (and rather surprised) that for once the arguments hurled back-and-forth are being addressed and clarified in such a civilised (and rational) manner. Such rare behaviour nowadays... :thumbsup: