✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elliott Smith

God

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is coming up to 2 years since his apparent suicide

:stunned: i didn't know that...how come all the good ones die off Nick Drake apparent sucide(debatable), Jeff Buckley drowned :cry:

i downloaded some Elliott Smith stuff from regnyouth.com... i have yet to listen to it fully... at first ithought he was woman :confused: but that had a guys name :embarrased: now i know :rolleyes:

:stunned: i didn't know that...how come all the good ones die off Nick Drake apparent sucide(debatable), Jeff Buckley drowned :cry:

i downloaded some Elliott Smith stuff from regnyouth.com... i have yet to listen to it fully... at first ithought he was woman :confused: but that had a guys name :embarrased: now i know :rolleyes:

I know. I agree about Nick Drake. So so good. It's a shame the good ones leave too early...or at all. It is debatable weather Nick commited suicide, or accidentally took too much of his meds. That one is tough. There's really no way to prove it. He was depressed and everything so he might have done it on purpose. But then again might not have know that that much could kill you.

Too bad about you confusion. That's pretty weird that you thought it was a female singer. I completely love his voice and the way he sings things.

I love this part in the song "Angeles"... it gets to me everytime. Even though it's debateable weather it was about a girl or drugs, or curropt music corporations... that does't matter to me. I hear it and fall in love with him everytime.

"...I could make you satisfied in everything you do

All your ’secret wishes’ could right now be coming true

And be forever with my poison arms around you

No one’s gonna fool around with us

No one’s gonna fool around with us..."

FTBOAH is not my favorite album by Elliott Smith, but it does have some pretty fantastic songs on it. 'Memory Lane' is my fav. from that album. Some people were bowing down to that tribute shirt i made in memory of Elliott Smith. And patting my back where it said R.I.P. Elliott Smith. Not very many people around here in The Woodlands know about him, but the ones who do really appreciate his work. That's cool how you made a cover of Waltz #2, Sharry!

• 3 months later...

had "Needle in the Hay" stuck in my head allll day...but this time, no complaints..this is one song I never mind having the tune palying over and over again in the head.

I didn't know until today that it was The Kinks that origionally sang waterloo Sunset (which Elliott covered live one day) :cheesy: Good to know, though I don't care much for The Kinks :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...