✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the new track is called Sleeping Sun...

kaisin

I'm so excited about 'Talk' being released! My friend hates Coldplay, but even she likes this song (shame on her for not liking anything else by them :o :smash: ).

The single is released the same day as they play at the M.E.N. :D I'm going to have to get it en route to the arena :D

According to the NME (of all sources), Gravity is going to be on the flip-side of the vinyl.

"Following on from the success of Embrace's 'Gravity', the track is set to be released by Coldplay - the band who wrote it. The song will feature on the flipside for the seven-inch vinyl edition of next single 'talk', while 'sleeping sun' - new material from the group - will be included on the CD B-side. Talk hits the shops on december 19"

Humm, don't know where else to ask this (don't want to start a new topic), so i'll just ask here: what is the difference between a single, an EP and a LP?? I know that EP stands for Extended Play, and LP for Long Play, right? But aren't they all one in the same thing essentially? :huh:

thanks for the quick reply KM. As long as the audio plays then it looks like it will be worth adding it to my collection. Or I might wait to see what the australian single has to offer (extra tracks like they had for clocks maybe?). Has anyone heard any word on australian cd/dvd tracklistings?

It's on the official website... the new track is called Sleeping Sun :) and from what i read i think Gravity will be a studio version!!! :P YAAAAAAAY also the official release date is december 19th

:D :D :D

O wow!!! Just the title of the new song sounds great!!! I'm so excited can't wait til the single comes out and it betta go to number 1 or sumone's getting the axe :sneaky: :lol:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

According to the NME (of all sources), Gravity is going to be on the flip-side of the vinyl.

"Following on from the success of Embrace's 'Gravity', the track is set to be released by Coldplay - the band who wrote it. The song will feature on the flipside for the seven-inch vinyl edition of next single 'talk', while 'sleeping sun' - new material from the group - will be included on the CD B-side. Talk hits the shops on december 19"

Well.....according to the OFFICIAL WEBSITE gravity will be included in the dvd version of the single.

Humm' date=' don't know where else to ask this (don't want to start a new topic), so i'll just ask here: what is the difference between a single, an EP and a LP?? I know that EP stands for Extended Play, and LP for Long Play, right? But aren't they all one in the same thing essentially? :huh:[/quote']

An LP is an album.

Singles are released from LPs with maybe 1 or 2 b-sides. Normally singles 3 or 4 are released off each LP.

EPs are either the first thing band releases once it gets some success before they are ready to record a whole album but have a fan base and radio stations who want to play their music. EPs can have anywhere from 3 to 7 tracks. They neither chart in the album or singles chart. They can also be released whenever a band feels like they want to record some tracks but don't have an albums worth or they want to re issue some old tracks. E.g. Elbow's Grace Under Pressure EP.

Just read that back and it sounds complicated but i hope u get what i mean!

An LP is an album.

Singles are released from LPs with maybe 1 or 2 b-sides. Normally singles 3 or 4 are released off each LP.

EPs are either the first thing band releases once it gets some success before they are ready to record a whole album but have a fan base and radio stations who want to play their music. EPs can have anywhere from 3 to 7 tracks. They neither chart in the album or singles chart. They can also be released whenever a band feels like they want to record some tracks but don't have an albums worth or they want to re issue some old tracks. E.g. Elbow's Grace Under Pressure EP.

Just read that back and it sounds complicated but i hope u get what i mean!

Thank you for explaining that, jonnybucklandhasnicehats!! Makes complete sense now. :) btw, I like your screen name....he does have quite nice hats! haha