✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Libertines, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, Yeti Etc.

mburn

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• an_cat

• __therese

• coldplay_steph

• andyjean

^are you seeing them this summer?

Babyshambles' Patrick Walden jailed

The guitarist is held on remand following common assault charge

Babyshambles' guitarist Patrick Walden has been remanded in prison after being charged with common assault.

The on-off member of Pete Doherty's band has been accused of assaulting his girlfriend at their north London home.

Walden pleaded not guilty to the common assault charge at Thames Magistrates court and will now be held on remand at Pentonville Prison until April 13, the Sunday Mirror reports.

As previously reported on NME.COM, the guitarist was believed to have quit Babyshambles after he didn't appear with the band when they began their UK in January, but has since played occasional shows with the group.

http://www.nme.com/news/babyshambles/22742

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, it's his whole drug use history that makes the picture point to him INJECTING and not just "taking it out" of her.

I would not doubt that picture one bit, he's drugged crazy

and i dont get this bit about being let out time and time again! why don't they keep him locked up!? how many more screw ups does he get just cuz he's a musician?!

yeah, it's his whole drug use history that makes the picture point to him INJECTING and not just "taking it out" of her.

I would not doubt that picture one bit, he's drugged crazy

and i dont get this bit about being let out time and time again! why don't they keep him locked up!? how many more screw ups does he get just cuz he's a musician?!

Well his record as a musician isn't that great either, so I don't see how that can keep him out of jail!!;)

I just don't think that newspapers (especially the tabloids) should be able to make headlines like this. A lot of the stuff printed in papers like the sun are just their twisted interpretation of events designed to 'shock' people.

This is more a rant directed at so called 'newspapers' that don't deal in fact but rather opinion.

Well his record as a musician isn't that great either' date=' so I don't see how [i']that [/i]can keep him out of jail!!;)

He does have quite a following though. I think he has had some great songs, but again i'm not really into the libertines or babyshables.

He does have quite a following though. I think he has had some great songs' date=' but again i'm not really into the libertines or babyshables.[/quote']

Well the likes of McFly and Take That have quite a following too, but that doesn't mean anything!!;)

• Like 1

:stunned:

Holy shit, he's such a knobhead. Everytime I think he can't get any screwed up, more shit comes out about him.

It's a shame, because in my opinion he's actually a pretty talented man....it's such a waste.

I'm yet to be convinced of the "talented" part...............................................