✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

What a great response from everyone! Stay tuned to this thread for news on projects and different ways to help. We will also update the first post with any new information. As an_cat said, you can all start off by putting a link back to this thread in your sigs to draw in more support. And if you have a chance, go check out some of the charity links in the first thread to learn more about the issues that need help.

You all are awesome! :D

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls' date=' I don't have a credit card, how am I suposed to donate 1 dollar per month?Is there another way to do that?[/quote']

That's something that we're definately going to have to work on, perhaps money can be mailed to someone's address, and we'll just donate the money into the paypal account with OUR credit card (but you'd have sent your dollar, so it'd have been payed for and you wouldn't owe anything or whatever;) ).

We'll keep you updated on how it'll actually work, just an idea I'm throwing out there...

No problem, Nadia (lunar), Allie (frostbite) and I will be discussing things a bit more today, and I'll mention that to them (actually I think I'll PM Nadia now... :thinking:). That's probably what we'll have to do since a lot of people don't like to use their credit cards online (if they have them). Of course, Paypal's very secure, but I understand the apprehension people have completely ;)

grange, yes we've set up a paypal account, however we're still working out the bugs and making sure it's reliable enough to use for everyone. It seems that paypal takes 33cents out of each donation, so we'd only have 67 cents out of each dollar. So we came up with the idea that we'll do a $1.36 campaign (which related to Coldplay, heh). That way we can get a full dollar, even with the amount paypal takes out! Sound good to you guys?

Yay!

Definately keep an eye on it, the first post is edited whenever the information changes. I think that when everything gets completely set up I'll start PMing all the people who have shown interest so far to tell them it's all set and ready to go.:)

The paypal situation needs some further thinking. I worked out the math, and if the minimum $28.00 was met each month (the minimum for Sponsor a Child), with everyone just giving the minimum $1.36, we'd lose $9.33 in transaction fees!! For each transaction, PayPal keeps 2.9% + 0.30 cents. The 2.9% isn't the problem...it's the 0.30 cents...because 0.30 out of one dollar is a huge amount, and it would add up quickly. Basically, we wouldn't be hammered as hard if people choose to donate more than the minimum. To give an idea, if just one person donated $28.00, we'd only lose $1.11. See what I'm saying? If some people are able to give over the minimum....like $5.00 instead of $1.36, it might work out okay.

We will have alternatives for people who don't feel comfortable donating through PayPal. For example, an idea that was proposed early on was that people could donate directly to the charities themselves. Then forward email receipts to a specific email address so we can keep track how much is being raised for each charity. Kind of make sense?

Like an_cat (danielle) said, for those who don't have credit cards, we could accept mailed in amounts.

There is more planning that needs to be done obviously...and hopefully it will all be ironed out soon! :nice:

Of course you can!:) of course of course of course! heh

Definately visit the pages linked on the first post. Sign up for any of the campaigns you can, get on their mailing lists. You can learn a lot about the things they're fighting for (or against), and also learn many ways you can chip in! Until we get the paypal/donation situation totally under control, that's what I suggest you do ;)

Do you know how much rep you really can get? Yea, paypal is so easy, It puzzles me why so many people dont have it. I understand with younger people, but some people my age (20) just refuse to sign up for it. Its worth any hassles that paypal throws at you (which arent many).

I don't know. I think I've only got a couple blocks left, and then I get to a gold star.... I have like 5700 points... ???? I don't even know what that MEANS, but it's kind of funny/cool.

Paypal is definately INCREDIBLY easy, and very secure. I've never worried about anything when it comes to paypal or ordering things off in the internet (on sites that I KNOW are secure, that is).

hey, i wanna be in too, can i?

But there is just one problem about donating money...that my parents dont like the idea so much. Guess im not so useful, but i´ll try to help doing other things, so count me in!