✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

My sis had a total coldplayer fangirl moment! We wanted to cry, cuz we were thinking about how amazing Lollapalooza was last year!!! We went to London & France this year, which is amazing! , but we cant decide which made us more happy. You would think London trip would beat Lollapalooza in the joy it brought me. But seriously that's how amazing lollapalooza was, it was the happiest feeling you could imagine! I can go to London again, but seeing coldplay at Lollapalooza in the middle of the city of Chicago, surrounded by buildings and then beautiful fireworks!.... well, THAT moment, I can't physically revisit again. It was a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Knowing coldplay is in Chicago brought back those memories and led to my sis and me to want to cry, we are in need of another coldplay concert asap!

:thumbsup:

Does the new iPad video feature a Coldplay concert?

Around 0:07 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RksyMaJiD8Y]Apple - The new iPad - TV Ad - Do It All - YouTube[/ame]

I just can't tell, I've looked at the band, they look a bit no coldplay ish but there's a xylophone, a circle display at the back and a xylophone so it looks pretty close. Can anyone confirm for me?

This is from the oracle thread :)

August 8, 2012 - submitted by Flora, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. To the Oracle of Olympic greatness:

As I was watching TV the other day, the new iPad commercial flashed across the screen, the closest version to the televised one can be seen here. At 0:07 seconds, I swear that it looks like a Coldplay concert; so, of course I had to ask! However, the footage looks unprofessional, so probably not any footage of what we might see in the Coldplay Live film, but even so, does Apple have the rights to show footage of Coldplay (or any other venue/group if this is not Coldplay) for their own marketing purposes? If this is not a Coldplay concert, I will be sorely disappointed - whoever it is does a smashing job at replicating the experience through all the confetti and the swirling footage on the round screens! It would probably be impossible to know where this was shot at?

Best Wishes,

Flora xox

The Oracle replies:

Apple can't just use footage of any artists without permission - like anyone - unless of course it was an Apple event and the contract said they could use the performance for marketing / promotion purposes.

Anyway, it's not Coldplay. I don't know who it is or where it was shot (I actually saw the ad on TV yesterday) but unless we've got a new member and a different stage set - it's not our boys.

I wish I could see Amsterdam get played live one day :(

Coldplay has so many amazing songs, impossible for all of them to get played at concerts :( if only I had been able to see coldplay from start! Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y, i missed THREE eras of concerts! :(

At least you discovered the magic that is Coldplay. Some will never experience any era, and you're lucky enough to be here for their historic journey!:D

AHHHH I HAVE TO GO TO ST. PAUL!! Even if they do't play it again.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXN68fZ7ZQw]Coldplay Amsterdam Live Chicago 08/8/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I was very mad at my son earlier today for making us late to his ortho appointment. Things were about to get worse when I missed a turn. At the very moment I was going to yell at him for talking to me while I was trying to focus on getting us back on the right path, HLH came on Dave 92.9 FM. We looked at each other and burst into laughter. Everything was alright again.

Chris' live singing

I've noticed that during songs, Chris never seems to be able to sing falsetto like on albums. This suggests he's getting a computer to fix his voice.

The most recent live song was Amsterdam, where he doesn't follow any kind of pattern from the original song. That song is special because Chris goes from chest voice to falsetto in a split second. When he sang live, he sang chest and then when he could do it, sang a little bit high, completely ruining it (for me atleast). Even in songs like Paradise live, Chris sounds like he's squealing.

Don't get me wrong, I love Coldplay, but these things are hard to miss for me :D

I don't quite know where to put these so I'll leave them here because they are awesome and I WANT THEM.

By: http://estrellacinema.tumblr.com/post/29117521436/made-some-cake-pops-in-the-shapes-of-the-mylo

Made some cake pops in the shapes of the Mylo Xyloto song symbols. :D They are vanilla flavored inside. I don’t want to eat them, but they are food and very good tasting…Any other ideas for Coldplay themed baking for me to try and make (I’ve already made a cake).

tumblr_m8jbbvFNGV1ro61xho1_500.jpg