✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

yesterday a fan went to the bakery/beehive he met all the band members end asked about lp6, will talked about it saying that everything is going well yet they haven't recorded anything and that if everything goes well maybe lp6 will come soon, at the end of the year and chris added that one of his fav songs rn his one that they wrote for lp6

Jon Hopkins about Coldplay:

What was it like working with Coldplay?

Amazing. I was invited to meet them by Brian and he brought me in one day to jam with them because he felt it might excite their studio practice having new players around. We all got on really well and spent four months working on the 'Viva' album. They’re brilliant guys and they've got a very, very open taste in music. I'd come in one day and Chris will be talking about this amazing new Hudson Mohawke record and he's a massive Battles fan. When the album came out in 2007 he was going to see them all the time. It's not a well known thing but they've got very experimental music taste.

link

^^ :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: The guitarist's even got a hat on!!!

The judges are right, he's got to work a lot on his voice :P

Is it me or are they not really playing? I'm just saying cause In the trouble "cover" during the end part he's not touching the piano but its still playing

I got into Vampire Weekend recently and while reading up on them I discovered that apparently they were bashed a lot, based on their Ivy League education. As far as I know, UK doesn't have an equivalent to the league but UCL definitely is in the top 5 unis and Phil attended Oxford for a while, right?

Did Coldplay get some backlash because of their education, especially in the early days?

I got into Vampire Weekend recently and while reading up on them I discovered that apparently they were bashed a lot, based on their Ivy League education. As far as I know, UK doesn't have an equivalent to the league but UCL definitely is in the top 5 unis and Phil attended Oxford for a while, right?

Did Coldplay get some backlash because of their education, especially in the early days?

By Liam Gallagher but he bashes everyone so it doesn't really count lol

I think they did, yeah. I've heard Chris mentioning that in some interviews over the years. I think some people didn't want to call them a rock band because of their quite wealthy (well, at least not poor) background.

I think I read some old articles and listened/watched some old interviews and there were quite a few opinions of how they are just some 'privileged' boys trying to make it in the industry,along them lines.

Well, they have made it and they will continue to make it :snobby: :P