✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I'm super curious, what would the common thread be?

All I meant was that although each album is different from the last, they're all uniquely Coldplay, and don't sound like any other band, with the possible exception of a couple of the poppy songs on MX. You instantly recognize a Coldplay song, even before Chris starts to sing.

Oh, OK. I was just wondering if you had a theory that we'd never heard of about all the albums being linked. And yes, you can tell a CP song, I've also noticed that if you turn on a CP song in any place in the song, you can tell where you are in the song, if that makes any sense.

All I meant was that although each album is different from the last, they're all uniquely Coldplay, and don't sound like any other band, with the possible exception of a couple of the poppy songs on MX. You instantly recognize a Coldplay song, even before Chris starts to sing.

:nod: Couldn't agree more

Oh, OK. I was just wondering if you had a theory that we'd never heard of about all the albums being linked. And yes, you can tell a CP song, I've also noticed that if you turn on a CP song in any place in the song, you can tell where you are in the song, if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense to me, but then, we listen to them so much we probably know every detail as well as the band does,lol.

But you know what... If I had to link all the album, I'd say there's a recurring theme in every song, perceptible both in lyrics and music (which are always perfectly mixed as one): hope. It's just everywhere.

That's why anyone who's ever dared to say, especially in the past, that Coldplay create depressing music is just absolutely wrong.

^Nicd!

^^So true. i never understand when people say that. Even most of their 'sad' songs have a ray of home in them.

I think I FINALLY have a neighbour in this building who likes Coldplay. Not as much as me, but it's still nice to not be the only one blasting their music around here.

But you know what... If I had to link all the album, I'd say there's a recurring theme in every song, perceptible both in lyrics and music (which are always perfectly mixed as one): hope. It's just everywhere.

That's why anyone who's ever dared to say, especially in the past, that Coldplay create depressing music is just absolutely wrong.

Exactly! I've never understood the depressing music criticism. The melodies alone are enough to make you happy. Even Warning Sign is supposed to be "sad" but when I hear the music, I feel happy at all the talent going on there.

I took a little break, as it were. I took every CD out of my car (most of my listening time) except for AROBTTH. Slowly, I brought back VLV and Parachutes. I am enjoying VLV so much now. Soon the rest of CDs including singles will go back in my car.

I took a little break just recently, it was about 3 weeks or so. I needed the break (or a change) and now I'm back to them, but I do listen to a lot of other bands and musicians too so it's not Coldplay 24/7 which it literally was at one point.

My new cd in my car doesn't contain a single Coldplay song, my friends couldn't believe it! :lol: But actually, I keep listening to them when I go to uni by bus because I just put my Ipod on random, and there they are :nice:

Exactly! I've never understood the depressing music criticism. The melodies alone are enough to make you happy. Even Warning Sign is supposed to be "sad" but when I hear the music, I feel happy at all the talent going on there.

Indeed!!!

And even Warning Sign ends on a somewhat happy note with Chris returning to the person he's singing to.:nod:

Yeah, the "So I crawl back into your open arms" makes for it :wacky:

Coldplay is apparently addicted to goji berries:

Coldplay sings out for Coast super food

"THANKS so much David, love Coldplay."

It seems sweet chocolate-covered berry treats could be the answer behind the powerhouse performance of music legend Coldplay.

When the UK band touched down in Brisbane for its stadium show in December, the sweet treat was just what was needed to keep the energy levels up to play for the 50,000-strong crowd.

And David Bruckner could not be happier. Coldplay, including singer-songwriter Chris Martin, tried super-food goji berries made by Mr Bruckner's business Naturally Goji Pty Ltd, better known as Dr Superfood, during the Brisbane leg of the tour.

Now the band is hooked.

The Coldplay crew could not stop at one packet. A quick call to Mr Bruckner and a box of the berries was shipped to Brisbane the next day.

Then a stack was sent to New York ahead of the band's new year gigs.

The call came coincidently on Mr Bruckner's birthday, but this was no prank.

Now Mr Bruckner is the honorary Coldplay goji berry supplier, shipping a box to the UK each month for the band.

"It is hard to comprehend the band wants my product so much they would order them in internationally," Mr Bruckner said.

"This is little old me, in my small Kunda Park business supplying to one of the biggest in the world who desire my product. Coldplay is one of my favourite bands, so it was definitely a surprise when I got the call from their personal assistant asking for my packets."

Coldplay singer Chris Martin's actress wife Gwyneth Paltrow has also discovered the goji berry goodness, requesting boxes be sent to the US.

Dr Superfoods, a small business with a handful of employees, has been operating for years in Brisbane and now at Kunda Park.

link