✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I was just watching the Live Is For Living performance from the Live 2003 Dvd and got a thought.You think that maybe we could see the track re-appear in the set list this upcoming tour?With the whole Life and Death theme with the new album seems pretty fitting.But its probably most likely not to happen but just a thought.

God I hope they do that song live again, that performance was unbelievable. Do you think theyre going to release another live album, that would be so freakin awesome! :cool:

^^ I hope so ! and a DVD please :)

random thought :

I watched an old Charmed episod today on TV (not a fan really, but I was bored...:dozey:) and Prue gets to work for that BUCKLAND auction house... :rolleyes:

I actually caught "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" on TV last night at dinner ( I havn't seen it for years, by the way) and there was a question "what did Gwyneth Paltrow name her child in 2006?". The contestant got the answer right, and afterwards Chris Tarrant (the host) made a comment about her husband being in Coldplay and the fact that she named the other one Apple. There was an uneasy pause and then he said "fantastic." or something to that effect, where he was obviously being sarcastic. My brother burst out laughing... I just put on the :dozey: face. So there you have it.

I actually caught "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" on TV last night at dinner ( I havn't seen it for years, by the way) and there was a question "what did Gwyneth Paltrow name her child in 2006?". The contestant got the answer right, and afterwards Chris Tarrant (the host) made a comment about her husband being in Coldplay and the fact that she named the other one Apple. There was an uneasy pause and then he said "fantastic." or something to that effect, where he was obviously being sarcastic. My brother burst out laughing... I just put on the :dozey: face. So there you have it.

hahaha, what a trivia show question!

my mom calls gwyneth and chris "the parents of the fruit and the bible-figure." she hardly ever refers to them by their real names anymore :rolleyes:

i'm all for original names, though celebrity kids already have a strike against them and are singled out...in some ways it seems almost cruel to make them even more noticable.

my mom calls gwyneth and chris "the parents of the fruit and the bible-figure." she hardly ever refers to them by their real names anymore :rolleyes:
Hahaha! Your mum is starting to sound more and more legendary every time you mention her :P

You're right about the cruelty though, I can't imagine how much crap their children would have to go through during their high school years. They'd have to put up with all the Coldplay jokes, as well as being picked on because of their names. Argh, not nice.

And glad you like the song, Ravrat :smiley:

During my random travels around the house, I stumbled across one of my old Coldplay compilation CDs (which I had burned because it was at a time when I didn't have and MP3 player):

bocpr8.jpg

It reminded me that I spent too much time decorating custom CDs, and that I had a strange habit of signing every single CD I burned. Weirdness.

So I'm about to pop this into my laptop, because it will be interesting to see what my favourite Coldplay tunes were this time 2 years ago.

I'll write up a tracklisting once we've finally discovered what it actually is. :rolleyes:

London, UK

April 17, 2008

The powers-that-be tell me that this CD was

available for my car stereo in April / May 2006,

depending on how well my memory serves me.

We'll try to get the damn thing to work despite

the collection of scratches it has on its surface...

-

'Best Of Coldplay

or

A Collection of 18 Coldplay Tracks Worth Listening To'

What If

Clocks

Fix You

Gravity (Live)

In My Place

In The Sun (feat. Michael Stipe)

Don’t Panic

Ring Of Fire (Live)

Politik

The Scientist

Trouble

The Hardest Part

Yellow

Everything’s Not Lost

Swallowed In The Sea

Brothers & Sisters

God Put A Smile Upon My Face

No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground

-

I realise that if I were to make another 18 track

compilation of Coldplay tracks today, it would not

include tracks such as "The Hardest Part" or

"Fix You". It would probably not include many live

tracks like this one, either.

Semy

PS - I have nothing to do with Prospekt... honest!

Lately I've also been thinking that we might see another DVD for some concert in the later stages of this next tour. Five years is a healthy gap between them and the two albums since AROBTTH will make a considerable difference in the setlist. Just feels like the right time, especially with live 2003 being such a success and with so many fans still pissed off about toronto '06.

London, UK

April 17, 2008

The powers-that-be tell me that this CD was

available for my car stereo in April / May 2006,

depending on how well my memory serves me.

We'll try to get the damn thing to work despite

the collection of scratches it has on its surface...

-

'Best Of Coldplay

or

A Collection of 18 Coldplay Tracks Worth Listening To'

What If

Clocks

Fix You

Gravity (Live)

In My Place

In The Sun (feat. Michael Stipe)

Don’t Panic

Ring Of Fire (Live)

Politik

The Scientist

Trouble

The Hardest Part

Yellow

Everything’s Not Lost

Swallowed In The Sea

Brothers & Sisters

God Put A Smile Upon My Face

No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground

-

I realise that if I were to make another 18 track

compilation of Coldplay tracks today, it would not

include tracks such as "The Hardest Part" or

"Fix You". It would probably not include many live

tracks like this one, either.

Semy

PS - I have nothing to do with Prospekt... honest!

LOL, the only way you could have been more like Prospekt is if you told us about this tracklisting and then made us wait a million years for it!:laugh3:

My random Coldplay thought is that I'm sick of seeing news articles about bloody young@heart old fogey idiots and Gwyneth Paltrow's "post natal" depression whenever I do a news search on Coldplay :bomb: :P
OMG, I feel your pain! Haha :P

It even worse when you've subscribed to the news search, and 90% of the articles aren't even relevant. It certainly clutters my inbox.

Haha, true true.

Here's a random thought.

I've been worrying that I'll get tired of Violet Hill quickly, and it will end up like Clocks or Yellow in the 'overplayed pile', because when I first get it I'm obviously going to listen to it 100 times a day. Anyone else feel the same way? It kind of makes me want the singles to be released after the album itself, so all the tracks can get equal attention.

well.... I have a thought. Where did Coldplay just... come from? How is it that, such a band can create such... um, such good music like no one else?

I get goosebumbs every time I hear Yellow. How does one think of such beautiful music like that?

Has anyone heard Yellow Live at T in the Park?

Haha, true true.

Here's a random thought.

I've been worrying that I'll get tired of Violet Hill quickly, and it will end up like Clocks or Yellow in the 'overplayed pile', because when I first get it I'm obviously going to listen to it 100 times a day. Anyone else feel the same way? It kind of makes me want the singles to be released after the album itself, so all the tracks can get equal attention.

i've thought about it, and i do agree with you there. but my thinking isn't really going that far in the future yet...i just want the damn thing; everything else can be considered after. besides, i think around the time that i begin to get tired of it, it'll be june 17 and i'll have an entire album of songs to overplay and annoy my family with! :dance:

and that tracklist was interesting...i think my coldplay favorites have generally remained pretty consistent, which is a bit odd, since my radiohead and beatles favorites etc changed every week. i tend to just find more songs that i love and add them to the playlist rather than getting tired of old ones.

but i have literally crates filled with my old beatles favorites mix CDs. this was before the invention of the ipod, and i burned a CD every week or two :rolleyes:

Guest Grace

"homecoming" is such a nice track although it's not even a coldplay track.

but chris' singing is so good, everytime i listen to that song it makes me want to listen to another coldplay song because i wanna hear chris sing.

don't know why.

his singing is not that particularly outstanding in "homecoming", but i just love it so much.

I had a dream about Viva la vida the other night.

My sister had bought the album before me, as I didnt even know it had already been released :dozey: (unrealistic dream!!!!). She's not even a fan.. !

so I was checking out the booklet and the album's title was "Viva la vida : gallery" and the artwork was just a copy of parachutes' artwork... inside, many paintings' pictures and just one pic of the band. As for the tracklist, it included the 10 actual songs that prospekt revealed and b-sides. So there were about 16songs .. I remember listening to the first track but I wouldnt be able to describe it.. nothing familiar though !

and it ended there as I woke up to White shadows playing really loud through my cellphone :dance:

my friend is visiting me at uni right now, and last night she laid down on my bed and sighed, looking up at my coldplay poster, and said "man, coldplay sure are unattractive. i mean, chris martin's pretty hot, but the rest look like they could really use a joint and a shave."

my roommate chimed in, saying that she agreed chris was hot, but then she looked over to me and said, "chelsea, you're turning all red..."

i wasn't angry, i just thought they were very, very wrong :laugh4: