✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Hahaha, I know right. Clocks? That's like the default song for every person who thinks they like Coldplay. I'll ask them, "so what do you think of Coldplay? What song's do you like?" and they'll be all, "Oh I like Clocks and Fix you." Then I'll say, "So have you ever heard of Parachutes? Or even A Rush of Blood to the Head?" and they'll say, "Ah... what? No but we know Speed of Sound!! AHH!" So... wow. Add some music to your lives people!! Some don't even know what In My Place is.

Amsterdam is a really really cool song. So is Politik.

Haha, true true.

Here's a random thought.

I've been worrying that I'll get tired of Violet Hill quickly, and it will end up like Clocks or Yellow in the 'overplayed pile', because when I first get it I'm obviously going to listen to it 100 times a day. Anyone else feel the same way? It kind of makes me want the singles to be released after the album itself, so all the tracks can get equal attention.

See, I wasnt a Coldplay fan until a couple years ago, so everything was already out and off the radio. Im not going to listen to any singles they release that will also be on the album cuz I want it to be like the other 3 for me, all songs together. The only song I had ever heard before I heard it on the album was Yellow and that was the song that got me HOOKED :D

Hahaha, I know right. Clocks? That's like the default song for every person who thinks they like Coldplay. I'll ask them, "so what do you think of Coldplay? What song's do you like?" and they'll be all, "Oh I like Clocks and Fix you." Then I'll say, "So have you ever heard of Parachutes? Or even A Rush of Blood to the Head?" and they'll say, "Ah... what? No but we know Speed of Sound!! AHH!" So... wow. Add some music to your lives people!! Some don't even know what In My Place is.

Amsterdam is a really really cool song. So is Politik.

you perfectly described it.. this is what always happens.. :dozey:

I like Politik better than Amsterdam. It's actually one of my favorites !

See, I wasnt a Coldplay fan until a couple years ago, so everything was already out and off the radio. Im not going to listen to any singles they release that will also be on the album cuz I want it to be like the other 3 for me, all songs together. The only song I had ever heard before I heard it on the album was Yellow and that was the song that got me HOOKED :D

What got me hooked was AROBTTH and In My Place. Before then, The only songs I knew they ever made were Fix You, Speed of Sound, and Yellow.

I started listening to them when X&Y came out. Speed of sound video really made me want to know them better. I knew about them before but never gave them a proper listen. Then, I bought Parachutes and AROBTTH and fell in love with Dont panic ! That's the song that got me hooked.

you perfectly described it.. this is what always happens.. :dozey:

I like Politik better than Amsterdam. It's actually one of my favorites !

I know, it's a little annoying at times.

I LOVE L.O.V.E. POLITIK. The ending is so awesome. Amsterdam I love because it's all soft throughout the whole entire song and then at the very end when you least expect it, it's them rockin out. Great song though.

I started listening to them when X&Y came out. Speed of sound video really made me want to know them better. I knew about them before but never gave them a proper listen. Then, I bought Parachutes and AROBTTH and fell in love with Dont panic ! That's the song that got me hooked.

I KNOW! Don't Panic is one of my favorites. I dunno, there's something to it that just makes it sound...hm. I have a ton of memories attached to these songs. One day, I ran across AROBTTH on iTunes and decided to give them a listen. I was kind of skeptical because I'm skeptical about anything new I listen to at first, then I really really started to like it.

I went back to my old uni this weekend for a reunion and it was amazing! At my favorite hole in the wall pub called the Peanut Barrel, we had some Long Islands and then "Don't Panic" came on. Wonderful little sing along. :D

we're watching the movie jefferson in paris in one of my classes, and i didn't know a very young gwyneth paltrow is in it, playing thomas jefferson's daughter! in the movie, she decides to become a nun, and my professor laughed when she did and said something to the effect of "i don't think it's possible for gwyneth paltrow to actually become a nun, not with those two crazy-named kids she's got running around!"

which of course made me think of chris :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grace

where did this thread go? :stunned:

well, random thought # 23.652.345.111.994.

i wonder how many per cent more coldplay will get played on last.fm

Today in study hall I had my head down and was listening to What If, and I fell asleep and woke up again several times during the song, it made it feel like it lasted a half hour.

I guess Coldplay music really does put you to sleep. :D

for some odd and completely unknown reason, "violet hill" has inspired me to listen to the killers in between obsessive listens of the song itself. i suppose it might be because i think the end bit of "violet hill" sounds like "interlude" and "exitlude" a bit, but really...i think it was definitely VH that got me into a killers mood :thinking:

I wanna see the band on TV performing or talking. I hope they do an EPK for this too.

And it looks like the black clothes are here to stay after seeing Chris and Jonny on Tuesday :P

totally confounded

am i the only one who CAN'T download the new song? apparently, to follow the instructions to download the song, i am required to log in to a site called "del.interoute.com" which is impossible to find. my server cannot access it.

does anybody have any advice? i've been surfing around in circles for over an hour now.

Guest Grace

yeah, it appears in most history books of mine and we've discussed the painting serveral times in class.

am i the only one who CAN'T download the new song? apparently, to follow the instructions to download the song, i am required to log in to a site called "del.interoute.com" which is impossible to find. my server cannot access it.

does anybody have any advice? i've been surfing around in circles for over an hour now.

The *47 or whatever it is is not included in the link for some reason, so you have to copy and paste ALL of the link to your browser and you'll be able to download no problem.

Here's a random thought.

How many people paid attention to the painting Liberty Leading The People before VIVA LA VIDA?

liberty%20leading%20the%20people.jpg

me i did, but i got to admit that i always knew that painting as jeanne d'arc leading the french to victory - against the cruel englishmen. :P

see the french flag in her hand and the gun? :confused: so i cant stop wondering what a terrible bloody war has to do with viva la vida? :confused::confused::confused:

see the french flag in her hand and the gun? :confused: so i cant stop wondering what a terrible bloody war has to do with viva la vida? :confused::confused::confused:

Well bear in mind it's death and all his friends as well...