✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

After having given it many, many listening chances, two days ago I finally deleted the entire AHFOD album except for Fun and Birds from my mp3 collection on my mobile phone....

Wow sorry to hear that. Did previous albums "disappoint" you as much or is this the first album you delete so many songs from?

Wow sorry to hear that. Did previous albums "disappoint" you as much or is this the first album you delete so many songs from?

No, I still have Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories in its entirety on my phone, because there are rare moments when I actually want to listen to them.

But I never really got warm with AHFOD. If I want really happy, energetic Coldplay music, MX is the better choice for me.

No, I still have Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories in its entirety on my phone, because there are rare moments when I actually want to listen to them.

But I never really got warm with AHFOD. If I want really happy, energetic Coldplay music, MX is the better choice for me.

I actually do the same with the first two albums as you do haha I have them both in their entirety on my iPhone cuz I like to be able to dig out the songs I want to listen to, but I rarely listen to them from beginning to end (X&Y is also going down that route a bit, cuz there are always a couple of songs I almost feel like skipping).

I can see why you would want MX for energetic music as you call it. I agree! What is it with AHFOD that set it apart for you ,you think? It does have some amazing Jonny riffs, though I agree that you won't find the same amount of "rocky" tracks as you do on MX.

Well, I think the Jonny riffs on MX were way better than those on AHFOD (just think of Charlie Brown, HLH...) Were MX goes more in the direction of pop-rock, AHFOD has more disco beats which I'm really not into. Also, I really love listening to Chris's amazing voice but recently it has been going downhill and the scratchiness of it on some songs in AHFOD like Everglow makes it more of a pain than a pleasure to listen to it...

Lastly, Army Of One and XMTS are for me among the worst and most forgettable Coldplay songs ever made....

There you go, those are my main reasons. Of all Newplay albums, I probably still like MX the most, I realized :)

Well, I think the Jonny riffs on MX were way better than those on AHFOD (just think of Charlie Brown, HLH...) Were MX goes more in the direction of pop-rock, AHFOD has more disco beats which I'm really not into. Also, I really love listening to Chris's amazing voice but recently it has been going downhill and the scratchiness of it on some songs in AHFOD like Everglow makes it more of a pain than a pleasure to listen to it...

Lastly, Army Of One and XMTS are for me among the worst and most forgettable Coldplay songs ever made....

There you go, those are my main reasons. Of all Newplay albums, I probably still like MX the most, I realized :)

I suspected it was the production that made the difference for you. I understand that. Hard to like songs if you dislike the production/music genre I agree. I kinda feel the same way when someone posts a "piano ballad version" of a Coldplay song, suddenly I don't like that song anymore even if it might be one of my faves! haha

MX is one of my favorite Coldplay albums too and yes its definitely more traditional pop/rock (Major Minus!), though I do think that Jonny´s riffs are even better on AHFOD, but perhaps muffled by the production. In live versions of Everglow, Adventure or Up&Up they are allowed to truly shine.

I hope you´ll still go to the gig though! I think you will like it as they will be playing songs from all eras and you will get to hear some of your faves for the first time live :D

Funny, I didn't like the live versions of those too much either becasue I don't liek the melodies too much. MX melodies were overall better, imho ! :)

The melodies of the songs or the melodies in the riffs? I was speaking of specifically Jonny´s riffs. :)

both did not really convince me for the better part of AHFOD...

You were not blown away by Jonny´s double riffs on Up&Up? He puts his shimmering layers on most of the songs on AHFOD. I think he´s more present than ever. One can not have enough Jonny´s riffs in my world haha

You were not blown away by Jonny´s double riffs on Up&Up? He puts his shimmering layers on most of the songs on AHFOD. I think he´s more present than ever. One can not have enough Jonny´s riffs in my world haha

I don't know, just don't like them as much as his very memorable but simple earlier ones like (for example) in In My Place, Shiver,....even Charlie Brown

I don't know, just don't like them as much as his very memorable but simple earlier ones like (for example) in In My Place, Shiver,....even Charlie Brown

Shiver has some real good guitar work, but In My Place riff, whilst incredibly good and effective, is only a few notes...Charlie Brown has more notes hehe But I don't think Jonny has been more "unleashed" as he is now on AHFOD. Im just happy to see he plays so many wonderful notes haha Took him a while I think to get the confidence to be so prominent and I see his progression in each album. As a guitarist, it makes me happy :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me find something. I tried looking through the Hurts Like Heaven section, but I didn't see it...maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Anyway, I'm looking for a lyrics video for it that I have seen clips of posted on various social medias. It is animated, but uses the MX font. There is also the UFO spaceship flying around during some parts of the video. It also has a blue background with white lettering if I remember correctly. I hope I explained that well enough that someone knows what I am talking about and can point me in the right direction! Thanks!

I was wondering if you guys could help me find something. I tried looking through the Hurts Like Heaven section, but I didn't see it...maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Anyway, I'm looking for a lyrics video for it that I have seen clips of posted on various social medias. It is animated, but uses the MX font. There is also the UFO spaceship flying around during some parts of the video. It also has a blue background with white lettering if I remember correctly. I hope I explained that well enough that someone knows what I am talking about and can point me in the right direction! Thanks!

I think I know what you're talking about :) here you are! [MEDIA=vimeo]40080306[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://vimeo.com/40080306

• Like 1

Haha wow it's like the 6th result on Google if I would have just searched for it lol. Thanks again!

By the way, does anyone know anything about the video? Like was it used by the band in some way or is it just a really really good fan edit?

Yes that's it!! Thank you @alisbe!!! How did you find it? I kept looking here and on YouTube, but it seems you just did an internet search for it...is that right?

Lol, kind of! I remember someone posted it on Twitter and that it was uploaded on vimeo instead of YouTube. And I wonder the same, I want to know if there is a story behind it, it looks like it was done by the band.

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a pretty random Coldplay dream involving Chris singing "And I will tryyyy tO KISS YOU " and he came running towards me with kissy lips and I was like "no wAIT" and he kissed me and then ran off laughing like he did the most brilliant thing ever :|

And I think after that we tried to find tupperware that someone threw out of a window.

:cheesy:

• Like 4

Yesterday I had a pretty random Coldplay dream involving Chris singing "And I will tryyyy tO KISS YOU " and he came running towards me with kissy lips and I was like "no wAIT" and he kissed me and then ran off laughing like he did the most brilliant thing ever :|

And I think after that we tried to find tupperware that someone threw out of a window.

:cheesy:

Wait..you don't wanna be kissed by Chris? haha I thought he was popular with the ladies fans :D

And you gotta love how dreams jump from one thing to the other haha Our subconscious is one fascinating place!

Wait..you don't wanna be kissed by Chris? haha I thought he was popular with the ladies fans :D

And you gotta love how dreams jump from one thing to the other haha Our subconscious is one fascinating place!

Nah it was more like I wasn't mentally ready for it! :sweatdrop:

My dreams do that a lot and it gets very annoying at times <__<

• Like 1

Nah it was more like I wasn't mentally ready for it! :sweatdrop:

My dreams do that a lot and it gets very annoying at times <__<

Haha ok yes I can see that ;) though I'd guess Chris would be even more nervous hehe we boys tend to be even more starstruck about kissing a pretty girl than girls do us haha