✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Here's another thing!

My parents, brother and me went once into the mountains to go in a cable car and while we were in the queue, someone was putting A Rush Of Blood To The Head on the radio!:arobtth: Full album!!!:omgomg::D Everyone was just standing there, waiting... While we were singing along, I'll never forget that ! :D

• Like 3

I just found they made another one for Paradise some months ago:

(But to be honest I don't like that one too much 'cause the Paradise video is not that bad ! I think it's actually pretty good. I feel the criticism on AOAL was right but here it isn't. By the way, I didn't know about the Dylan "reference" in the video, that was new for me)

• Like 1

Random CP thoughts:

(The most) Coldplay songs are too short , like 3:40 - 4:20. Now we have a brilliant song Up&Up. It has a great bass, great drums and it has an awesome guitar solo in it, I mean AWESOME and it's about 6:35 long, but that's too long ! I find it better when it's about 5/5:30 minutes long, the only thing they could do was to delete some parts that have been repeated (twice) already. IMO

EDIT: with ''some parts'' I meant the last chorus (before the 2nd solo).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-hXfdz4Ck

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-hXfdz4Ck

I have no idea what this is, never took a watched it but whoever made the title for this is very obviously a Coldplay fan. Literally one word off from the actual lyrics of Swallowed in the Sea. They just didn't make it exactly "Swallowed in the Sea" because they knew that'd gain massive attention.

I left my X&Y copy back home in Europe before coming to the US...big mistake. Thought I wouldn't need it because i usually play the mp3 files anyway but I then I started playing a lot of CDs through our shared DVD player while doing the dishes....anyway, I needed and X&Y copy !

Luckily I remembered the B&N promotional sale that someone mentioned here and I figured at that price it's hardly worth hunting for a used copy...so I just got there and look what I saw:

LiMUf26.jpg?1

(Note that (mistakenly?)price discrepancy between two identical X&Y copies....needless to say, I grabbed the upper right one and took it home :D)

• Like 2

*cries because Parlophone doesn't sell CDs in my country*

Anyways I told my friend, a *casual Coldplay listener about Hymn for the Weekend and the lyrics "so high, so high, so high." He responded "They went from writing songs from falling from his high place (VLV) to being so high"

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So I kind of had a "meeting another Coldplay fan" moment today...

At the end of my geography class today, I was showing my teacher a picture of this map I had on my phone, and while he was holding my phone, a notification popped up at the top saying I got an email from Coldplaying. He saw it and was like, "oh, Coldplay!" So I told him it was my favorite band, and he started talking about AHFOD. He said he just listened to it this weekend, and thought it was okay. He then said he thought it was better than Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories. He then said he really liked Army of One except he didn't like the last part of it, so I explained to him what X Marks The Spot is. So he started talking about what he liked about each song on the album. (I think his favorites were AoO and Fun). So I said my favorite was Birds. He then started talking about how he likes the first 4 albums and how X&Y and Viva are his favorites. I told him my favorite was AROBTTH, and he said, "I really like Green Eyes on that album!" (Which was funny because I had just listened to that song today). So anyway, that was my moment today where I actually got to carry on a conversation with someone in real life about Coldplay!

• Like 7

At the end of my geography class today, I was showing my teacher a picture of this map I had on my phone, and while he was holding my phone, a notification popped up at the top saying I got an email from Coldplaying. He saw it and was like, "oh, Coldplay!" So I told him it was my favorite band, and he started talking about AHFOD. He said he just listened to it this weekend, and thought it was okay. He then said he thought it was better than Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories. He then said he really liked Army of One except he didn't like the last part of it, so I explained to him what X Marks The Spot is. So he started talking about what he liked about each song on the album. (I think his favorites were AoO and Fun). So I said my favorite was Birds. He then started talking about how he likes the first 4 albums and how X&Y and Viva are his favorites. I told him my favorite was AROBTTH, and he said, "I really like Green Eyes on that album!" (Which was funny because I had just listened to that song today). So anyway, that was my moment today where I actually got to carry on a conversation with someone in real life about Coldplay!

What a great story !

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Cool! That's really awesome haha! My History teacher also 'likes' Coldplay - he played Mylo Xyloto (well, the first two songs) during a class once. I never talked to him about the band, though.

That's a great story! Now you'll pass that class without problems lol

• Like 1

I can't sneeze, watch someone sneeze, hear someone sneeze, or hear people talk about things that make them sneeze without thinking of Guy and the animals that make him sneeze haha.

what the hell?! :laugh3: Is this a reference to a video or interview I missed where Guy talks about sneezing, or is it just something random you came up with?