✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Does it also slightly irritate you when news outlets writing about the SB50 show title "Beyonce and Coldplay" in that order ?!

I didn't know that. It's certainly curious that they would do that. It doesn't irritate me but it certainly hints at the fact that Beyoncé is seen as being on a whole new level than Coldplay. I don't know why. Probably just because she's more popular. Neither do I know why people think the worlds greatest band would not be good enough for the show? It seems mystifying to me.

I'm starting to think it's a self perpetuating thing. Having said Coldplay are boring in the past people just keep repeating it on automatic (most of them may not even know Coldplay work in later years).

I think the SB will be their chance to show the world who they are now and then people can keep saying what they want but at least they'll be informed about it lol

Apparently David Bowie had called Chris "sticky Martinez" once... Which according to urban dictionary means a man who is so well endowed that he needs two hands to hold *ahem* the hardest part.

I don't have the exact interview where he mentions this... But apparently he didn't even know what that meant lololol

today I learned a new word, yay!

:wacko:

*doesn't know what to do with that information apart from trying to block out all the incoming kinky thoughts*

• Like 2

A few months ago I changed my the ringtone on my phone to AOAL.

This afternoon I had my earphones in and was listening to the AHFOD album and when AOAL just started playing I got a call.

It was so weird to hear AOAL "in its own echo".

It took me a few seconds to realize what was happening. :D

• Like 4

I didn't know that. It's certainly curious that they would do that. It doesn't irritate me but it certainly hints at the fact that Beyoncé is seen as being on a whole new level than Coldplay. I don't know why. Probably just because she's more popular. Neither do I know why people think the worlds greatest band would not be good enough for the show? It seems mystifying to me.

I'm starting to think it's a self perpetuating thing. Having said Coldplay are boring in the past people just keep repeating it on automatic (most of them may not even know Coldplay work in later years).

I think the SB will be their chance to show the world who they are now and then people can keep saying what they want but at least they'll be informed about it lol

just to give you an idea, considerable coverage about beyonce featuring in the half time show was reported like this:

Chris Martin Is So Unwanted At The Super Bowl He Had to Hitch-Hike

02 February 2016By Peggy Troung

It looks like James Corden picked him up

James Corden's latest carpool karaoke series will feature Chris Martin and what appears to be all his belongings required for this weekend's Super Bowl half-time show. In a preview of the segment, Martin and Corden sing along to Coldplay songs while slowly making their way to San Francisco. Hopefully the full clip, set to air tonight, will reveal a special appearance by Beyoncé, who is set to make a special appearance on Sunday's half-time show and just about the only thing that'll make the show watchable.

From US Esquire

just to give you an idea, considerable coverage about beyonce featuring in the half time show was reported like this:

James Corden's latest carpool karaoke series will feature Chris Martin and what appears to be all his belongings required for this weekend's Super Bowl half-time show. In a preview of the segment, Martin and Corden sing along to Coldplay songs while slowly making their way to San Francisco. Hopefully the full clip, set to air tonight, will reveal a special appearance by Beyoncé, who is set to make a special appearance on Sunday's half-time show and just about the only thing that'll make the show watchable.

From US Esquire

Like I said...mystifying to me. I read earlier that someone posted here (cant remember who sorry) that she had listened to her local radio and they were sort of bashing Coldplay and then changed their mind when they listened to Hymn and actually were surprised it was a great song....so Im thinking maybe people are just ignorant, not sure what other explanation there might be. They are as valid as an artist as anyone else.

From US Esquire

Why is Coldplay such a bad choice, I literally saw tweets broadcasted on a newscast once (can't remember the exact one), and one tweet said that Coldplay couldn't perform for the super bowl because they "weren't American". What kind of ridiculous BS is that? What do they think Coldplay is going to do, come in with muskets and red coats?

"The British are coming!!! The British are coming!!!" -fake quote from Paul Revere

• Like 2

Hey, does anyone have an AHFOD pre-sale code left ? I (admittedly very late) got the idea to buy two of the less expensive tickets in Gilette as a present for someone....but unfortunately I gave away/used my pre-sale codes already and the generic one "AHFODpre" only works for the newly added shows... could anyone possibly help out ?

Hey, does anyone have an AHFOD pre-sale code left ? I (admittedly very late) got the idea to buy two of the less expensive tickets in Gilette as a present for someone....but unfortunately I gave away/used my pre-sale codes already and the generic one "AHFODpre" only works for the newly added shows... could anyone possibly help out ?

Check the concert thread. I hope my code works :)

• Like 1

I have an unused code if you want it. I got it with the Amazon pre-order though so I think it's only for the UK gigs?

I left my X&Y copy back home in Europe before coming to the US...big mistake. Thought I wouldn't need it because i usually play the mp3 files anyway but I then I started playing a lot of CDs through our shared DVD player while doing the dishes....anyway, I needed and X&Y copy !

Luckily I remembered the B&N promotional sale that someone mentioned here and I figured at that price it's hardly worth hunting for a used copy...so I just got there and look what I saw:

LiMUf26.jpg?1

(Note that (mistakenly?)price discrepancy between two identical X&Y copies....needless to say, I grabbed the upper right one and took it home :D)

I was that someone, being a huge B&N fan *LOL* Glad you grabbed it! And yes that was clearly a mistake on the sticker :)

This qualifies as a proper random Coldplay thought, which, like many others, intersect with important moments in my life...

I am in a Ghost Stories phase right now and am listening to The Royal Albert Hall concert for the very first time. About 5 songs in I suddenly remembered that back in 2014 I hunted tickets for the gig and a buddy of mine gave me a phone number or something where he said I would be able to get tickets but I had to call that very moment before they sold out. I had planned to take my mum to London and enjoy the concert with her, have a couple of days with each other there (she lives in another country), so it was all sort of planned...but when I went to reach for the phone, something stopped me, just stopped me. I swear I could not get myself to do it, even though I wanted to. After a few attempts I gave up, not knowing what was happening.

Fast forward to the day of the gig in July 2014, that very late evening I met the woman who would become the love of my life and we started dating almost immediately. So now Im sat here thinking back at that moment where fate stopped me from going away to London and in doing so allowed me to meet her...

#trusttheUniverse

• Like 6

Guest diogo_sg
This qualifies as a proper random Coldplay thought, which, like many others, intersect with important moments in my life...

I am in a Ghost Stories phase right now and am listening to The Royal Albert Hall concert for the very first time. About 5 songs in I suddenly remembered that back in 2014 I hunted tickets for the gig and a buddy of mine gave me a phone number or something where he said I would be able to get tickets but I had to call that very moment before they sold out. I had planned to take my mum to London and enjoy the concert with her, have a couple of days with each other there (she lives in another country), so it was all sort of planned...but when I went to reach for the phone, something stopped me, just stopped me. I swear I could not get myself to do it, even though I wanted to. After a few attempts I gave up, not knowing what was happening.

Fast forward to the day of the gig in July 2014, that very late evening I met the woman who would become the love of my life and we started dating almost immediately. So now Im sat here thinking back at that moment where fate stopped me from going away to London and in doing so allowed me to meet her...

#trusttheUniverse

That's really beautiful, man. One of the nicest things I've read in a while :)

That's really beautiful, man. One of the nicest things I've read in a while :)

Thanks for reading my sharing! :) Im glad you enjoyed it. As a little tidbit I will add that on her side she had to have her sister over with her kids for the weekend, but her sister shortly after arriving decided to leave again sort of out of the blue, so she ended up being alone that evening...and meeting me :)

• Like 1

#trusttheUniverse

What a lovely story! For obvious reasons this reminds me to the very last line in Up&Up "believe in love"

• Like 3