✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I just realized I've never seen the video of The Hardest Part before. Now I'm really confused, can somebody explain to me what this is supposed to mean?

The dancing scenes come from a 1990 clip from a television show called Attitudes. Through the wonders of digital editing, it was made to look like Coldplay were part of the same performance. As for the message behind the video... I'm not quite sure. :whaaat:

• Like 2

The problem with having songs you like as your alarm is that you might get sick of the song after a while (well the first few seconds anyway) x

Yeah it can be bad. However I've had Magic as my alarm pretty much since it was released and surprisingly I'm still not tired of it, I recommend it 100% :thumbsup:

• Like 1

guys guys am i the only one who was dumb enough to not know the meaning of the lyric "guilty of nothing but geography" in birds till now or are there people like me who actually totally missed its meaning? :p

No not at all Chris's lyrics can be quite cryptic. My interpretations never really hit the nail on the head either, but personally I think it means that we all have left our own mark in the world and whether it's positive or negative it was meant to happen and we should move on from it cause it's a part of the past... and we will be free like birds.

• Like 4

No not at all Chris's lyrics can be quite cryptic. My interpretations never really hit the nail on the head either, but personally I think it means that we all have left our own mark in the world and whether it's positive or negative it was meant to happen and we should move on from it cause it's a part of the past... and we will be free like birds.

good to know I wasn't the only one :charming: anyway i think what he means is that some people have more than others just because they were born in a certain country or a place. I remember listening to an interview of chris in which he talked about the unequal distribution of wealth during this era and specifically used the word geography. it makes sense when he then says "

come on and raise this noise for the million people who got not one voice".

or I could be absolutely wrong and Chris might just be talking about becoming a geography teacher after he retires from the band.

• Like 2

guys guys am i the only one who was dumb enough to not know the meaning of the lyric "guilty of nothing but geography" in birds till now or are there people like me who actually totally missed its meaning? :p

"Only got this moment, you and me. Guilty of nothing but geography"

I my ears that sounds like a very poetic way of saying they're being intimate with eachother :dazzled::love:

• Like 3

"Only got this moment, you and me. Guilty of nothing but geography"

I my ears that sounds like a very poetic way of saying they're being intimate with eachother :dazzled::love:

That's what I love so much about the lyrics of coldplay songs. Everybody can find their own meaning in it for them.

• Like 1

Today Danish radio station P7 Mix (google that) had a Coldplay Marathon from 10 to 17 (10am to 5pm).

There will be a podcast from tomorrow with the broadcast. Posted on P7 Mix's Facebook. But I am sure it can also be found via googling it.

Last hour of the P7 Mix Coldplay Marathon was Coldplay TOP 10:

10. Trouble from 2000

09. Hymn for the week-end feat. Beyoncé from 2015

08. Talk (2005, I think)

07. A Sky Full of Stars (2014)

06. Paradise (2011 / 2012)

05. Clocks from 2002

04. Yellow from 2000

03. Viva la Vida from 2008 (Guy: Phil Harvey had come back as 5th Coldplay member after a break. And it was a long process from the initial idea undtil the final song)

02. The Scientist from 2002 (with rewind video - Chris had to learn to sing it backwards)

01. Fix You (from 2005)

P7 Mix will tomorrow post a podcast with the Coldplay marathon broadcast.

I have translated / am translating a few newspaper articles with reviews of Coldplay's concert in Copenhagen on 5 July 2016.

I saw that concert and found it amazing. I loved every second of it. My favourite songs of that night: Viva la Vida, Clocks, Amazing Day and Adventure of a Lifetime. Big roar from the audience when hearing the VLV intro and following Viva la Vida was Adventure of a Lifetime. People standing up all over the stadium and clapping their hands.

I'll write down a summary of the Coldplay summary and post it here in this thread and maybe also in the thread for Copenhagen concert 6 July 2016 as not so much has been posted there.

• Like 2

good to know I wasn't the only one :charming: anyway i think what he means is that some people have more than others just because they were born in a certain country or a place. I remember listening to an interview of chris in which he talked about the unequal distribution of wealth during this era and specifically used the word geography. it makes sense when he then says "

come on and raise this noise for the million people who got not one voice".

or I could be absolutely wrong and Chris might just be talking about becoming a geography teacher after he retires from the band.

Your thought makes a lot of sense and is probably more on target. It reminds me of this clip from live 2003 where Chris said that another singer said they looked like geography teachers, so perhaps it was foresight lol

• Like 1

I used to spend my free time watching many TV series, but last month I've barely watched a few episodes. All I do is watching Coldplay concert videos... I think I'm insane, this is some kind of madness... anyway I'm happy doing this so I don't care haha :laugh3:

• Like 4

This early version of Spies is great, it has a very different tone to the album version. It seems some of the early Parachutes demos were a bit psychedelic, allot of bleeping sounds. High Speed has a similar sound to this, as well as The Blue Room and Safety EP's. I came across an early version of We Never Change, it's an instrumental but it clearly has the same psychedelic/indie influences. I would love to hear other early demos of Parachutes one day.

I know this is supposed to be blue room stuff but I think it would have done well if they had found a way to shove this into X and Y. It kinda blends in there too imo

I used to spend my free time watching many TV series, but last month I've barely watched a few episodes. All I do is watching Coldplay concert videos... I think I'm insane, this is some kind of madness... anyway I'm happy doing this so I don't care haha :laugh3:

By now I almost stopped watching TV completly because coldplay stuff (interviews, concerts, fanfics) is a lot more interesting[emoji16]

• Like 4