✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I can't believe Chris is 40 today.

Since Coldplay for me are mostly defined by the first three eras and I usually listen to those songs, watch those concerts and most importantly relate to those songs, Chris sounds so young there and then he and the others feel like Twenty-somethings to me. It's difficult to describe. It's as if in your mind time stands still, and suddenly you realize it has passed and all these things are things of the past.

• Like 1

Since Coldplay for me are mostly defined by the first three eras and I usually listen to those songs, watch those concerts and most importantly relate to those songs, Chris sounds so young there and then he and the others feel like Twenty-somethings to me. It's difficult to describe. It's as if in your mind time stands still, and suddenly you realize it has passed and all these things are things of the past.

i know what you mean. for me it's hard to believe how much time has passed, especially since now i feel like i'm rapidly approaching the age the boys were when i first started listening to them :wreck:

Believe me, time goes only faster the older you get. [emoji23]

i know what you mean. for me it's hard to believe how much time has passed, especially since now i feel like i'm rapidly approaching the age the boys were when i first started listening to them :wreck:

Believe me, time goes only faster the older you get. [emoji23]

Well, thanks, that isn't exactly reassuring :joy:

"I'm so scared about the future"...

When I was a small kid, I used to think people over 17/18 are "old". Then I got older, and I thought it was the people over 30. Now I don't know what to think anymore. I know this is gonna sound stupid, but when I was small, I also used to think people born in the 70s are by default the thirty-somethings. And now they are the forty-somethings ! It's scary.

I have had the weird feeling of time passing faster for some years now. It's when I see dozens of fresh students lining the library tables with nothing but a tablet, where a few years earlier (in my time...) we printed out all our lecture materials and looked things up in books, too.

Or very young school kids with smartphones. Or kids with birth dates in the 2000s all grown up. When I see these things, I feel incredibly old and wonder how time has passed. And then I think, wait, it can't have been that long since I...and then I have to face it, but it has been that long, ten years or more, and it's just one's mind playing tricks on you. I wish Coldplay/Chris would discover 'time and memories' as a major lyrical/album theme, I'd love to hear about that.

.... and I'm the 'pensioner who feels like a teenager again'......... the Scouser.

What is a Scouser ? I think I missed that part, I didn't watch fully, must do it again :)

• Like 2

i hope not D:

Birds is so great live

happy birthday!!! :D

i hope not D:

Birds is so great live

happy birthday!!! :D

I agree, but would much prefer them to play, Politik, Shiver or A rush of blood to the head.

• Like 1

P

When I was a small kid, I used to think people over 17/18 are "old". Then I got older, and I thought it was the people over 30. Now I don't know what to think anymore. I know this is gonna sound stupid, but when I was small, I also used to think people born in the 70s are by default the thirty-somethings. And now they are the forty-somethings ! It's scary.

I have had the weird feeling of time passing faster for some years now. It's when I see dozens of fresh students lining the library tables with nothing but a tablet, where a few years earlier (in my time...) we printed out all our lecture materials and looked things up in books, too.

Or very young school kids with smartphones. Or kids with birth dates in the 2000s all grown up. When I see these things, I feel incredibly old and wonder how time has passed. And then I think, wait, it can't have been that long since I...and then I have to face it, but it has been that long, ten years or more, and it's just one's mind playing tricks on you. I wish Coldplay/Chris would discover 'time and memories' as a major lyrical/album theme, I'd love to hear about that.

What is a Scouser ? I think I missed that part, I didn't watch fully, must do it again :)

A Scouser in a person from Liverpool...... like The Beatles.

• Like 1

oh man, i feel the exact same way. probably a lot of other people do, too.

that would be such an awesome theme for an album :wacky:

• Like 1

:O

my bedroom faces the road outside, which tends to see a fair amount of traffic at all times of the day, and often i'll hear people blaring music as they drive by or when they're stopped at the light just down the road

and right now i suddenly began to hear Chris's voice coming from outside. someone was playing Something Just Like This :cheesy:

• Like 4

:O

my bedroom faces the road outside, which tends to see a fair amount of traffic at all times of the day, and often i'll hear people blaring music as they drive by or when they're stopped at the light just down the road

and right now i suddenly began to hear Chris's voice coming from outside. someone was playing Something Just Like This :cheesy:

Was probably me ! LOL. I've just been blasting out that and Hypnotise... and trying to decide which is best. In my car is where I really listen to music and I've been trying to think what Hypnotised reminds me of - I knew it was John Lennon-ish ........so just have a listen to

John's 'Mind Games' and see if you agree.

• Like 1