✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Project]: The $1.36 Campaign - Over $1300 USD raised!!

lunar1126

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The $1.36 campaign site has been updated: We now request that you include your coldplaying.com forum name and email addy in the 'comment box' when filling out the donation form. This is so that we can keep a detailed record of who has donated what. If you've already donated, could you please email [email protected] and tell us your real name and forum name so we can match you up with a donation? Thanks very much!! :nice:

And don't forget to do as below! :nice:

The $1.36 campaign site has been updated: We now request that you include your coldplaying.com forum name and email addy in the 'comment box' when filling out the donation form. This is so that we can keep a detailed record of who has donated what.

So, i have this question...sorry if it is stupid, but, does paypal keep a 2.9% of the total amount (the amount you send + the 0.30 USS) or the 2.9% refer to the amount without taking the 0.30 USS (the amount you send - 0.30 USS and then takes the 2.9%)?? :confused: was that understandable..? And sorry to ask this here, but i couldnt find the answer at paypal´s website. Either way it´s a lot f money...

Cheers Nadia on updating the 1.36 site, sorry I haven't been online in the past couple days to discuss like I meant to, but I didn't know that the immigration protest yesterday was going to take up my whole day! LOL!!!!

Sofy, I BELIEVE that Paypal takes out the 30 cents ON TOP OF the % tax. I'm almost positive that that's the way it works, however, I could always be wrong... :/

Hmm. I checked according to the balance info in paypal (the amount given and then the fee it takes) and if my math is correct it takes the 2.9% of the total amount given first, and yeah.. the additional 0.30 cents after.

For example, someone gave $10. It first took the 2.9% which would be .29, then add the additional .30 cents and the total amount Paypal took from the $10 is .59.

I guess that benefits them, since they would get less money if they took the 2.9% after taking the .30 cents.

DONATION TOTAL UPDATE: $57.50 USD!!!

In just a few days we have managed to raise over twice of what we need to sponsor a child!! How incredible is that?

But let's not stop here. I think we can push ourselves to raise even more and really make a huge difference in the life of a child and his/her community.

I'm so happy with the way this is turning out. You guys are awesome. :)

lol texas!

Thanx for answering my q:

So, if it is like Victanic said, if a person pays the minimum of 1,36 thru paypal, Sponsor a Child would get from that person 1,021...if i´m correct, though my mathematical skills certainly suck. Well, then, if it´s like that it´s not THAT much...

lol texas!

Thanx for answering my q:

So, if it is like Victanic said, if a person pays the minimum of 1,36 thru paypal, Sponsor a Child would get from that person 1,021...if i´m correct, though my mathematical skills certainly suck. Well, then, if it´s like that it´s not THAT much...

Very close. :) $1.36 USD, after the -$0.35 USD transaction fee, works out to be $1.01 USD. One buck isn't that much, but if it's all you are able to give, it is better than nothing, right? :) Of course, the more you give, the less of an impact the transaction fee makes on your total donation sum. But your donation amount completely up to you. Some people have been able to donate larger amounts, and some, a few dollars....but the point is, no matter what you give, you are helping. It all adds up! :)

You guys amaze me everyday, really. I'm going to give my bit tomorrow when my dad gets home from his work trip with his credit card ;) I feel horrible having helped set this up and not giving yet, but I'm soooo glad to see this turn out.

Love you guys, truly, I do. And hopefully a little kid and his or her family will as well! :)

You guys, I've been trying to figure this out, but I can't...(embarrassing, I know :laugh4:): Do I need a credit card to use PayPal or is an account enough?

I just don't get it, to be honest. :/

Very close. :) $1.36 USD' date=' after the -$0.35 USD transaction fee, works out to be $1.01 USD. One buck isn't that much, but if it's all you are able to give, it is better than nothing, right? :) Of course, the more you give, the less of an impact the transaction fee makes on your total donation sum. But your donation amount completely up to you. Some people have been able to donate larger amounts, and some, a few dollars....but the point is, no matter what you give, you are helping. It [i']all [/i]adds up! :)

YAY!!! it was so close! :D i thought it was -0.3, not -0.35...

You should remember that here a dollar is much more than it is there, and besides the salaries are crap...so i dont know how much i´ll be able to give, but i think my parents are letting me do it! another YAY!!!

YAY!!! it was so close! :D i thought it was -0.3, not -0.35...

You should remember that here a dollar is much more than it is there, and besides the salaries are crap...so i dont know how much i´ll be able to give, but i think my parents are letting me do it! another YAY!!!

Oh yeah, I totally understand! :nice: A few dollars can work out to be a lot more in other countries, so just give what you feel is appropriate for your currency. And YAY for your parents!! :D