✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

which is the first song of coldplay which you listened to ?

Soufiane

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble. It was played on an episode of Roswell (cheesy but fun teen drama about aliens). I thought it was just a random American solo artist at the time, but it haunted me for weeks. It was a couple of years before I found out it was by this British band called Coldplay.

• 1 year later...

well, i can't say when i first heard "yellow," but that was it. after 9/11, i remember seeing it quite a lot when channel-surfing.

my mom got AROBTTH shortly after it came out, so i heard everything on there in the car on heavy rotation, but really the only song i remember was "clocks." i remember hearing "in my place" quite a lot too, enough that it was so ingrained in my head that the riff would subconsciously play everytime i was really happy, but it never registered as a coldplay song in my head until june 2005! (neither did "yellow," by the way).

(i like these old bumped threads, indya!!)

First song for me was Yellow, and I'm sorry to say, it didn't do anything for me...sure it was sweet, but I didn't really fall in love until I heard Don't Panic. Then I 'got' Coldplay, and I felt I understood what they were all about. After that, yellow was much more enjoyable.:)

Yellow. Bought X&Y before Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood, though (I ended up buying the latter 2 "blindly", without listening to any tracks beforehand - I don't usually do that).

And yeah, eventhough I wasn't around back then it's pretty funny to see these old thread ^_^

Clocks..(february of 2003 I believe) funny story... I was in a farmacy parking lot in the car with my mom when Clocks started playing on the radio.... I couldn't even move.... my eyes were wide open and I just listened and listened and I couldn't believe it... it made me feel all strange.

When it was done playing I was like "MOM!!!!!! WHO SINGS THAT???!!! MOM!!!!!! TELL MEEEE!!!" hahaha she was completely freaked out... she just kinda sinked in her seat and said "I don't knowww" :laugh3: ....when I got home I listened to the radio aaall day to see if they would play it and say the name of the band and song... when they finally played it I went online and started looking at all the band info... listened to a few songs.. and I couldn't believe it... I was in love :smug:

although soon after that when I heard Trouble I was pretty sure I had hear it before Clocks.. but maybe it was just my imagination :P

i probs heard yellow first but the song tha tchanged my life and made me take notice was "fix you"........that made me want to sing,play piano and guitar...ive now been playing since X&Y was released.......nearly 3 years aint it?

i went from owning no coldplay songs in 2005 to about 100 songs now :D..so i was a bit late on teh coldplay bandwagon...but im as much a fan of coldplay as everyone else on this forum :D

I'm trying to remember... but I'm pretty sure it was either yellow or in my place. or maybe god put a smile upon my face?

Gah, this is frustrating.

I do remember I heard it for the first time in my ex-bf car!!! I think... :thinking: