🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Oasis Thread

sarah**

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a huge Oasis fan at one point.. but let's face it they are no longer at their peak... i think it's foolish for anyone think expect Don't Believe the Truth to be at the same levels as X&Y... but from what I;ve herd this is a decent record... while I'm expecting X&Y to be friggin brilliant

I got the DBTT album before the main leak and I'd have to say it's fucking brilliant. Not quite up to X&Y (I have high expectations), but this is Oasis' best in the last 10 years by far. :) Probably my second favorite CD by them behind Definitely Maybe

you guys will like it. its definitetly in the oasis top 3. absolutely brilliant.

the belief is that itunes germany (where it was leaked at) mixed up the release date: 03 04 05 and 30 04 05 hahaha :lol:

watch for a massive lawsuit from sony.

my initial ratings:

1. Turn Up The Sun - 7/10

2. Mucky Fingers - 7/10

3. Lyla - 3/10

4. Love Like A Bomb - 6/10

5. The Importance Of Being Idle - 6/10

6. The Meaning Of Soul - 4/10

7. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel - 6/10

8. Part Of The Queue - 7/10

9. Keep The Dream Alive - 8/10

10. A Bell Will Ring - 9/10

11. Let There Be Love 10/10

The first two are pretty good, and the last three are brilliant, but the rest is a bit samey and dull. And just like Heathen Chemistry, the production is too "sparkly" and "poppy".

If you're hoping for classic Oasis, like I was, then you will be disappointed. It's not that bad, but it could have been so much better.

Overall: 7/10

I'll still buy it though, just so I've got all of their albums. And who knows, it just might grow on me.

Its a fantastic album, I think Keep The Dream Alive and Importance Of Being Idle are my favourites...both 10/10 and the bonus track I Can See You Now is a stunning track aswell...Mucky Fingers isn't great to be honest...im interested to see what X & Y will sound like as I think speed of sound is totally over-rated...ive heard Talk aswell not too impressed either...hopefully the rest will make up for them.

New Oasis Album Is Mostly Pants (even after several listens)

well it's true, myself being a fan, seeing them twice, after the last album i thought they would give us a album as strong as the first two...... :cry:

noel reckons it's better than wtsmg - really??? as good as wonderwall, back in anger, cast no shadow, some might say, morning glory etc - i don't think so....lyla isn't even as good as the intrumentals on wtsmg :angry:

dbtt is just so uninspiring and yes sos is better than the whole album easily - bring on x & y by a band who rarely disappoints :rolleyes:

COLDPLAY!!!! :sneaky: