✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I think VH is a cover of phantom planet

Phobia

I'm a huge Coldplay fan and I have a question that is worrying me a lot:

Is the new Coldplay music (Violet Hill) considered original or a cover?

Because if Coldplay state that it is an original the public will soon consider it as plagiarism of "Phantom Planet - California"!!!

Go to youtube if you don't believe me.

Please tell me that it is a cover!

What are you on?

That song is nothing like Violet Hill. Maybe two or three similar chords and the fact that the snare drum is hit a lot, but guess what? Thousands of songs have similar chords and constant beating snare drums. This isn't even close to Violet Hill, the song structure is completely different anyway. No offense, but listen to songs before you call them copies.

hahaha wait... this thread is a joke right? that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

like the first 3 notes of the piano version made by some random person on youtube sound the same. thats it. have you even heard the real version of violet hill? it's not even close to being the same.

I'm a huge Coldplay fan and I have a question that is worrying me a lot:

Is the new Coldplay music (Violet Hill) considered original or a cover?

Because if Coldplay state that it is an original the public will soon consider it as plagiarism of "Phantom Planet - California"!!!

Go to youtube if you don't believe me.

Please tell me that it is a cover!

:disappointed:

The 3 opening notes remind me of another song too...I can't place it at the moment, but that doesn't make it a rip-off. You have to figure, with only 12 notes in the scale, and millions of bands out there, some songs are going to have similarities.

lol this guy is on drugs.First the song you are comparing with VH is a shite. the only similarities are in the beggining. i think youre a troll. i dont think youre a fan. you have down syndrom or mental disorders. so fuck yourself and dont waste your time talking bullshit. :veryangry:

Like the first 3 seconds sound very similar, every else is nothing like it. First of all its a different tempo, the guy singing it sounds shit and its a totally different feel.