✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alternate Tunings

Corner Kid

You can be my guitar anytime, yo hoe! :sneaky:

My guitar is sooo hot, yes its much hotter than me, I wanna make love to it! But its seeing my keyboard :cry:

They make beautiful music in the middle of the night, sounds something like this...

*Ding ding...* BRWWWLINGgggnnnnn *Ding, da ding DING da ding* Brrwing... *Ding! Ding ding ding, da ding!* BRWLINGGG LING LING LA LING *DING DING DING DING* CHUKKA CHING CHING CHING CHING *DING DING DA DING DING DIIIIIINNNNNGGGG* BRWWLLIIIIIIIiinnnnggg... *Ding.. ding ding.... diiiing...* Brwiiiiiing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
How can you tune your guitar otherwise then... the normal tuning' date=' a half step up or a half step down.. explain to me please:p omg this sounds too stupid i know[/quote']

say if you tune to half step down, thats Eb tuning. if you play an E major chord shape in Eb tuning you'll be playing and Eb Major Chord.

However if you tune to Eb Bb Eb G Bb Eb and strum the open strings, you're playing an Eb major chord! This tuning is called an open tuning, Open Eb in this case. with Open tunings you can play chords with one finger(or by using a slide) You can have many different types of open tunings, Minor, 7th etc.

Other than open tunings you could just Drop a string(or strings), thats what i do a lot. I like to drop the little e sting to something like c or d.

Basically Alternative tunings rock!! They sound much better than boring auld Standard tuning. However its annoying to tune just to play ONE song(oh believe me!!) And string breaking can occur!! Check them out though :)

I can tune to drop d and back to standard by ear, but let's say you want to tune the high e to a D....without a tuner. Just find the "d" note on the next string up (b string) which is located on the third fret. You can hit that and tune the down the "e" until it matches.

I'm not much into alternate tunings when writing songs (cause I suck), but I'll tune to other tunings to cover a song. Just the theory of alternate tunings that follows musical theory racks my brain. I would probably just play what sounds right.