✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

20-Oct-08: Ottawa - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 21 Oct]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open6L

P.S. - anyone else catch the 2 'spiderman' type dudes climbing up to the lighting racks moments before the concert? They were sitting in these [/b]suspended type chairs controlling the spotlight. I guess the Ottawa venue is laid out differently because in the other venues I recall the spotlights coming from the back of the arena (although I may be mistaken). The guy on the far suspended light rack was walking across the beams while the dude closest to where we were sitting was literally crawling across the beams (I could have sworn he was scared sh*tless)

Yes indeed, in Rotterdam they were up there as well, the whole show long. Very impressive. To climb up there they did not use the trusses, they did rope ladders, very circuslike. Incredible.

I believe Roadie #42 mentionned them in a blog some time in September. I must look it up for the names.

HIIIII

Last night was awsome!! I got Guy's set list and also the set list on the right side of the stage under the piano for chris!!! ill have to take pictures of them! I also got a guitar pic which was lieing on chris's setlist...

Had floor tickets row 23.. Unfortunatly my little brother who adores coldplay.. (and who got the ticket after i had given it to my girlfriend!!) wasnt feeling great so I was a tad distracted but it didnt break my spirit. The guys played great .. seemed to be bang on throughout the night.

Something about Ottawa which these guys like that keeps them coming back. The crowd definitly doesn't compare to a Toronto or Ottawa crowd.

In responce to the people in line, thats Will Call. Where they pick the tickets up. When people order the tickets online, they dont go all the way out the Kanata (30 minutes out of the city where the rink is) to get the tickets. So they end up getting them the night of the show!!

Anyways absolutely fantastic show, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!

Im not sure how to upload pictures :(

I tried inserting the picture.. then link ... buts its from facebook.. not sure what that does

easiest way is to right click on your photo in facebook. copy the link & then add to the image tags here :)

I guess everyone sorta says that about their own hometime... its funny cuz I hadn't said anything during the concert and then after my wife said to me that our Toronto crowd was incredibly louder than the Ottawa venue... regardless - it was an awesome experience watching them both in Toronto and Ottawa... I would have liked to have seen them in Montreal too (although I don't think I'll be doing the 5+ hr driving thing each way again - burns you out).

P.S. - anyone else catch the 2 'spiderman' type dudes climbing up to the lighting racks moments before the concert? They were sitting in these suspended type chairs controlling the spotlight. I guess the Ottawa venue is laid out differently because in the other venues I recall the spotlights coming from the back of the arena (although I may be mistaken). The guy on the far suspended light rack was walking across the beams while the dude closest to where we were sitting was literally crawling across the beams (I could have sworn he was scared sh*tless) :laugh3:

I'd like to see them in TO or Montreal to compare, but bigger cities = bigge fans and bigger crowd. I believe the TO concert held 18,000 people as ossposed to just 13,000. Nevertheless i'm extremely grateful for the band recognizing Ottawa as a good venue, something most other bands overlook.

I'd like to see them in TO or Montreal to compare, but bigger cities = bigge fans and bigger crowd. I believe the TO concert held 18,000 people as ossposed to just 13,000. Nevertheless i'm extremely grateful for the band recognizing Ottawa as a good venue, something most other bands overlook.

I'm from montreal too, and this is the 1st thing I realised... the crowd was not that strong than in Montreal... All in all, it was a good show, but I was expecting more energy from the crowd

I'm from montreal too, and this is the 1st thing I realised... the crowd was not as strong than in Montreal... All in all, it was a good show, but I was expecting more energy from the crowd

Video - "42"

Video of "42"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_loLbv2eLw]YouTube - Coldplay Live in Ottawa - October 2008 - 42[/ame]

I'm not sure why the sound is really bad. Somehow, the audio input of my camera did not catch the real audio. I'm trying to change the audio from the original avi file and recreate a new avi file with proper audio, i.e less bass.

Let me know if you can help.

I think CM may have thought he was in Toronto:

1. During God Put a Smile, it sounds like he improvs "... Toronto... and had a very, very, very good time"

2. He referenced the Oasis incident which happened in Toronto

Hehehe, true. But I remember he said before Fix You that he wanted a singalong between Ottawa and Coldplay:P

Yeah I know for sure the crowd could have been more lively, but that happens sometimes. And considering how Ottawan's aren't known for selling out to concerts (except for a select few i.e Neil Young and Rolling Stones), I was pretty impressed. But yeah the crowd here in Ottawa doesn't seem to be as hyped up insane as last time but I don't care because I go for Coldplay. But yeah, smaller crowd = less noise but i'm sure if 13,000 Coldplaying members went to a concert we'd make more noise than any venue they've ever played:D

I remember I was belting out the lyrics to Death Will Never Conquer while everyone else around me was just staring at them:\ I was like "what the hell?" am I the only one here that knows the lyrics to this song? And I remember going ALL OUT on Politik and people beside me were like confused at the lyrics:\ Oh well! I have a feeling the only reason they'd come to Ottawa is that they like something about our crowd and or city, because any other artist would have taken the next flight to Vancouver instead of playing here.

Oh and Coldplay WAS staying at the Chateau Laurier. My cousin's boss played squash with them:shocked2: