✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

20-Oct-08: Ottawa - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 21 Oct]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I was driving to work this morning around 8:45 on Wellington and I saw a group of 4 or 5 guys dressed in shorts and t-shirts. It's chilly today in Ottawa so they definitely stood out. At first I was like why are those guys wearing shorts and tshirts when it's 3 degrees celcius outside and then I saw and screamed to my husband - it's COLDPLAY!! I definitely spotted Guy and Will but there was 2 or 3 others. I did turn the car around to o find them but by the time I did, they were gone - probably staying at Chateau Laurier.

Looking forward to the show tonight!

awww i'm so jealous =(

this morning i went to go get my tickets from scotiabank place and instead of seeing coldplay, i saw the entire senators team as they were leaving practice and heading to their cars. unfortunately, i don't care about hockey.

Hi. I was driving to work this morning around 8:45 on Wellington and I saw a group of 4 or 5 guys dressed in shorts and t-shirts. It's chilly today in Ottawa so they definitely stood out. At first I was like why are those guys wearing shorts and tshirts when it's 3 degrees celcius outside and then I saw and screamed to my husband - it's COLDPLAY!! I definitely spotted Guy and Will but there was 2 or 3 others. I did turn the car around to o find them but by the time I did, they were gone - probably staying at Chateau Laurier.

AWESOME!!!!!! :dance: Hey, that Chateau sort of has my name in it only spelled differently...

But I wonder if J is actually staying at someone's relative's house...:uhoh:

:lol:

I feel better for nearly jumping out of a trolley after I saw Guy on Michigan Avenue...I should've jumped :shame:

No no no. If you hurt yourself, then you would not have met them and got pics and everything. :laugh3: We need you in one piece Mel!:kiss: Plus, I think that would have traumatised your daughter to see Mommie go flying out the window of a moving vehicle...:uhoh:

thats so cool!

just went to that hotel's website. it's gorgeous!!

http://www.fairmont.com/laurier

Fisher hot on Coldplay

8467370.jpg

Senators centre a huge fan of band that'll play Scotiabank Place tonight

Fisher The unmistakable beat that rocks the walls of the Ottawa Senators dressing room put a smile on Mike Fisher’s face.

Just another reminder about what awaits the veteran centre and a number of his teammates tonight, when they’ll take in the Coldplay concert at Scotiabank Place.

“Wouldn’t miss it,” Fisher said about the 7:30 p.m. show featuring the British rockers, who currently rate as one of the world’s most popular bands.

Ask Fisher what he likes about Coldplay – he’s obviously not alone in that area – and he’s quick to supply the response.

“They have so many good songs,” he said. “Their sound live… I heard them live two years ago and they’re unbelievable. They’re just one of the best rock bands around. They’re great.”

And yes, he has several of their songs in regular rotation on his iPod. His favourite, though, is an oldie from Coldplay’s debut album, Parachutes, which was released in 2000.

“Their new album (Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, the band’s fourth studio release) is good,” said Fisher. “But I like Yellow (the band’s breakthrough hit in the U.S.)… probably, I’d say Yellow (is my favourite).”

Fisher will have plenty of familiar company at the show.

“I think most of the guys are going,” he said.

Viva la Vida was the No. 1 pre-order in iTunes history. It followed up on 2005’s X & Y, which debuted at the top of the music charts in 32 countries (including Canada) and has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide.

Some tickets are still available for tonight’s concert, which serves as a prelude to a 20-show run south of the border. Tickets can be obtained by logging on to http://www.CapitalTickets.ca, visiting the Scotiabank Place box office or by calling (613) 599-FANS (3267) or 877-788-FANS (3267).

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=387660