✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

20-Oct-08: Ottawa - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 21 Oct]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for anyone that worked for oxfam, where were your seats?

I thought usually in the hallways - didn't see any oxfam people inside the actual arena - just wandering and sitting at tables outside in the halls... same in Toronto too... thought about volunteering but figured it would suck being stuck in the halls :)

<object width="400" height="302"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2024030&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2024030&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2024030?pg=embed&sec=2024030">Coldplay Live Clocks in Ottawa, Oct 20 2008</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user765565?pg=embed&sec=2024030">Silas Wong</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&sec=2024030">Vimeo</a>.

weeee new tourleg Kick offf!!!! :dance: (sorry I'm late to this party)

Great pics and video's everybodyyyy!!!

Hi. I was driving to work this morning around 8:45 on Wellington and I saw a group of 4 or 5 guys dressed in shorts and t-shirts. It's chilly today in Ottawa so they definitely stood out. At first I was like why are those guys wearing shorts and tshirts when it's 3 degrees celcius outside and then I saw and screamed to my husband - it's COLDPLAY!! I definitely spotted Guy and Will but there was 2 or 3 others. I did turn the car around to o find them but by the time I did, they were gone - probably staying at Chateau Laurier.

Looking forward to the show tonight!

OMG :stunned: SHORTS?!?!?!?! :stunned:

thanks! i now realize how old i am. the 19 year old me would have stopped the car and ran after them and defienitely gone to chateau laurier (which is a fancy hotel for those of you not from ottawa) to find them. but the 29 year old me had to go to work... booo.

it was beautiful here this weekend so it make me happy that they got to spend some time in our little city.

the 24 year old in me would have probably hit another car in pure shock!!

HIIIII

Last night was awsome!! I got Guy's set list and also the set list on the right side of the stage under the piano for chris!!! ill have to take pictures of them! I also got a guitar pic which was lieing on chris's setlist...

Had floor tickets row 23.. Unfortunatly my little brother who adores coldplay.. (and who got the ticket after i had given it to my girlfriend!!) wasnt feeling great so I was a tad distracted but it didnt break my spirit. The guys played great .. seemed to be bang on throughout the night.

Something about Ottawa which these guys like that keeps them coming back. The crowd definitly doesn't compare to a Toronto or Ottawa crowd.

In responce to the people in line, thats Will Call. Where they pick the tickets up. When people order the tickets online, they dont go all the way out the Kanata (30 minutes out of the city where the rink is) to get the tickets. So they end up getting them the night of the show!!

Anyways absolutely fantastic show, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!

Im not sure how to upload pictures :(

I tried inserting the picture.. then link ... buts its from facebook.. not sure what that does

HIIIII

Last night was awsome!! I got Guy's set list and also the set list on the right side of the stage under the piano for chris!!! ill have to take pictures of them! I also got a guitar pic which was lieing on chris's setlist...

Had floor tickets row 23.. Unfortunatly my little brother who adores coldplay.. (and who got the ticket after i had given it to my girlfriend!!) wasnt feeling great so I was a tad distracted but it didnt break my spirit. The guys played great .. seemed to be bang on throughout the night.

Something about Ottawa which these guys like that keeps them coming back. The crowd definitly doesn't compare to a Toronto or Ottawa crowd.

In responce to the people in line, thats Will Call. Where they pick the tickets up. When people order the tickets online, they dont go all the way out the Kanata (30 minutes out of the city where the rink is) to get the tickets. So they end up getting them the night of the show!!

Anyways absolutely fantastic show, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!

Im not sure how to upload pictures :(

I tried inserting the picture.. then link ... buts its from facebook.. not sure what that does

Hahah I think you meant Toronto or Montreal, but yeah I know what you mean. Montreal's concert sold out in less than a day, and both Toronto concerts were sold out. The Ottawa show was almost sold out except for a couple of nosebleeds (well i guess for Coldplay any seat is a good seat). I have a feeling that its because we give out a certain energy. Because we're a smaller city its only reasonable to expect a little less people and a little more time for seats to sell, but we pack just as much energy as a Toronto or Montreal concert. And us being a smaller city kind of gives us that underdog type appearance, yet they always sell to the brim and we never disappoint them. Maybe its just me saying this because im from Ottawa but I really do believe we do something special for them.

Any other band would skip Ottawa and play the bigger venues for more money, and if they were big like Coldplay, would expect hardcore fans to take the 2 hour bus ride to Montreal. But the fact that they make sure to come here every concert definitely says something about us fans.

Hahah I think you meant Toronto or Montreal, but yeah I know what you mean. Montreal's concert sold out in less than a day, and both Toronto concerts were sold out. The Ottawa show was almost sold out except for a couple of nosebleeds (well i guess for Coldplay any seat is a good seat). I have a feeling that its because we give out a certain energy. Because we're a smaller city its only reasonable to expect a little less people and a little more time for seats to sell, but we pack just as much energy as a Toronto or Montreal concert. And us being a smaller city kind of gives us that underdog type appearance, yet they always sell to the brim and we never disappoint them. Maybe its just me saying this because im from Ottawa but I really do believe we do something special for them.

Any other band would skip Ottawa and play the bigger venues for more money, and if they were big like Coldplay, would expect hardcore fans to take the 2 hour bus ride to Montreal. But the fact that they make sure to come here every concert definitely says something about us fans.

I guess everyone sorta says that about their own hometime... its funny cuz I hadn't said anything during the concert and then after my wife said to me that our Toronto crowd was incredibly louder than the Ottawa venue... regardless - it was an awesome experience watching them both in Toronto and Ottawa... I would have liked to have seen them in Montreal too (although I don't think I'll be doing the 5+ hr driving thing each way again - burns you out).

P.S. - anyone else catch the 2 'spiderman' type dudes climbing up to the lighting racks moments before the concert? They were sitting in these suspended type chairs controlling the spotlight. I guess the Ottawa venue is laid out differently because in the other venues I recall the spotlights coming from the back of the arena (although I may be mistaken). The guy on the far suspended light rack was walking across the beams while the dude closest to where we were sitting was literally crawling across the beams (I could have sworn he was scared sh*tless) :laugh3: