✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Aug-08: Hartford - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Jul]

Hey, I need help...

Hello,

im from israel, im comming to the show in hartford!

now... i ordered tickets in 2 sites... in "TicketMaster" and in "Ticket Now"

my question is how do i get my tickets???

i didn't understent it in the sites...

HELP?:P

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

im from israel, im comming to the show in hartford!

now... i ordered tickets in 2 sites... in "TicketMaster" and in "Ticket Now"

my question is how do i get my tickets???

i didn't understent it in the sites...

HELP?:P

Wow! I thought I was coming a long way from Canada,lol. I don't think I'll be seeing them in my hometown of Toronto :cry: But I just found out today a friend from here is going and has an extra ticket!! Any places you locals recommend we check out, like a good bar for after the show?

I may not know where my seat is til I get there...I know who's got the tix so I know they're good,lol. And since I'm at the mercy of other people's cars, I may not be able to meet up, but I really want to. I'm hoping after the show we can all hang out somewhere for a while, but if we're driving back to Boston, it's not likely. I'll keep posting updates here.

We should buy/make Cp'ing tees so we can spot each other!:D.

I would be up for a meet up before the show (afterwards is not so good since it's a long ride home). If anyone knows of a good (cheap?) dinner spot near the venue that could be a good place to go beforehand. When it gets closer to the date I suppose we could work out details to know how to spot each other, since I would definitely love to meet some fellow Coldplayers!

I'm pretty sure my friend from Boston will have a good idea where to eat beforehand, so I'll post a notice if we can get it together from here...it's really odd trying to figure out how to meet in a city you've never been to before,lol.

I have these 'reward points' from my local rock station, and you can buy a customized tee monday morning if you get your bid in on time, so I'll probably end up wearing a HWSTW tee...and I'll be the only albino in CT, so I'll be easy to spot!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Transporation options from LI/NYC to Hartford.

So who here knows the best way to get to Hartford from Long Island?

Here are the options I've figured:

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS:

Bus from NYC to Harford:

-Take bus from 32nd St to Hartford (Boston Deluxe bus)

-Take bus from Hartford to Port Authority (Peter Pan bus)

Costs: $17(Boston Deluxe), $27 (Peter Pan). Total : $44.

Time: 2 hrs (1st bus), 2hrs 30mins (2nd bus)

Pros: Easy, no transfers. Cheapest(public transportation wise)

Cons: Only way to get back is to take 12:30am bus which would arrive at NYC at 3:00am

Port Jefferson Ferry to Bridgeport to Hartford

-Take Port Jefferson Ferry to Bridgeport,

-Take train at Bridgeport to New Haven

-Take train at New Haven to Hartford

Trip back to NY

-Take bus from Hartford to Port Authority

Costs: $17(ferry), $6RT(1st train-Metro North), $11 or $16(2nd train-Amtrak), $27 (bus) Total: $61 or $67

Time: 1 hr 15 mins (ferry), 28 mins (1st train), 41 to 56 mins(2nd train), 2 hr 30 mins (bus)

CONS: Only way to get back is to take 12:30am bus which would arrive at NYC at 3:00am, a lot of transfers and time. Costs a lot of money.

DRIVING:

Nassau County to Hartford, CT

Through Throgs Neck Bridge to I-95

Costs: $5 or $10(bridge), toll on I-95? Parking in Hartford: $10 to $15. Gas.

Time: 2 hours, assuming no traffic. lol.

Pros: Quickest, don't have to worry about catching bus or train. Can go to Ikea Hartford, lingonberries and meatballs.

Cons: You have to drive, the environment.

unfortunately, it looks like the easiest way to get there is to drive. I would be open to carpooling with some people on this board, it'll be fun, cost-effective, and more environmentally friendly.

PM me, if you are interested in carpooling. We can all meet up somewhere.

The NEW Hartford Show Thread (August 2nd - original date July 3rd)

I cant even find the original one. Anyone else going to the XL Center show on August 2nd? I dont wanna be all alone. Lets get a thread going here and we can all discuss the show afterward!!!!