✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Aug-08: Hartford - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Jul]

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 extra floor tickets to tonight's show. These are actual hard tickets so you can call me and we can arrange a place to meet at the XL Center. Section 6, Row A, Seats 7 & 8. I am driving in from out of town. 917-558-6873 or 917-558-6973. See you there!

They played a techno version of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face...and about the first half of The Hardest Part before stopping it because, as Martin put it, "it's not a big enough hit". Awesome show, the energy from the band and the crowd was great. I wish they came out for an acoustic encore like they did a couple times so far...but Death and All His Friends is a more than capable closer.

Best song by far was Politik...they blasted right into it after a video montage of Bill O'Reilly calling Martin a "coward" and of various politicians dancing...great night, it was.

They played a techno version of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face...and about the first half of The Hardest Part before stopping it because, as Martin put it, "it's not a big enough hit". Awesome show, the energy from the band and the crowd was great. I wish they came out for an acoustic encore like they did a couple times so far...but Death and All His Friends is a more than capable closer.

Best song by far was Politik...they blasted right into it after a video montage of Bill O'Reilly calling Martin a "coward" and of various politicians dancing...great night, it was.

cool......whats the full setlist? :)

Uh...from the top of my head? I'll try.

-Life in Technicolor

-Violet Hill

-Clocks

-In My Place

-Viva la Vida

-Yes

-Fix You

-Strawberry Swing

-Chinese Sleep Chant

-God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Techno version)

-Square One

-The Hardest Part (Partial)

-Yellow

-Lost!

-The Scientist (Acoustic)

-Death Will Never Conquer (Will Champion on vocals)

-Politik

-Lovers in Japan

-Death and All His Friends

-The Escapist (Exit music)

Uh...from the top of my head? I'll try.

-Life in Technicolor

-Violet Hill

-Clocks

-In My Place

-Viva la Vida

-Yes

-Fix You

-Strawberry Swing

-Chinese Sleep Chant

-God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Techno version)

-Square One

-The Hardest Part (Partial)

-Yellow

-Lost!

-The Scientist (Acoustic)

-Death Will Never Conquer (Will Champion on vocals)

-Politik

-Lovers in Japan

-Death and All His Friends

-The Escapist (Exit music)

thanks!........ but same old same old...but i still love it :D

:stunned: No encore!? :(

Did you enjoy the show, though?

Well, here's my review:

They started out with an opening act of some girl. She was sweet and did some good music that got me pumped and ready for Coldplay. Then a long delay, then some annoying rap-girl comes out and sings the most annoying hip-hip songs. She must have done 7 songs, and by the time she was finished I had a headache and was in a bad mood.

Another 10 or 20 minutes.

FINALLY Coldplay comes on stage. They play an awesome Violet Hill, Clocks, Fix You was unbelievable, and most of the normal setlist. The whole show was amazing, but I was behind a lot of tall people so couldnt really see anything.

So they come to a point where they run through the crowd (one girl jumped out and kissed Chris) up to a side area. They play acoustic The Scientist and Will sings Death Will Never Conquer. They then leave the area while video clips play of a guy saying "Too bad Chris isn't man enough..." etc which everybody boos at. They then silence this guy with a smashingly good Politik. They go on and have Chris do a piano version of Hardest Part.

He stops near the end and says "You know what, that song isn't a big enough hit. You're going to need big hits in Hartford on a Saturday night."

So they do Yellow which was also amazing. Then onto Strawberry Swing, then Lovers in Japan (I caught about 80 pieces of butterfly confetti;)). So you expect them to leave and come back for an encore. Instead they go right into Death and All His Friends. Also amazing. They then leave to a huge applause while Escapist plays. They exit the stage.

So we stand and cheer, and stand and cheer....still standing...still cheering. They never come back out. No encore, nada, nothing, see you later.

So I personally feel insulted as they've done encores at every other show this tour. Plus they barely even said goodbye and thanks:

"Thanks everybody and have a great weekend."

So overall it was a great show. Yet the facts that it cost me $110 per ticket, plus the horrid opening act, all added with NO ENCORE, leaves me feeling like they dont actually respect us fans or how much we spent to go see them. I am very mad at Coldplay right now and it's hard to enjoy a show you've waited for for 3 months when they dont have the kindness to throw us 1 lousy encore.:thumbsdown:

why no encore? I ask, why?

:angry:

I KNOW! Everyone was yelling Encore, but no do. :confused:

Oh well. It was still the most amazing night of my life by far. The energy of the crowd, the band, everything was in sync, like it all fit perfectly. I felt like I was in a dream. Cheesy I know. It was the first time I have seen them live, so it all just felt surreal. It was so weird to be looking at the gorgeousness of Coldplay in person. I was alone, BUT I am actually glad I experienced it alone. I danced, jammed, sang, just had a good time with the whole stadium. I did not feel alone at all. I wish it could have gone on and on and on. Perfect night, no doubt. Thank you Coldplay. I :heart: you. :smug:

Well, here's my review:

They started out with an opening act of some girl. She was sweet and did some good music that got me pumped and ready for Coldplay. Then a long delay, then some annoying rap-girl comes out and sings the most annoying hip-hip songs. She must have done 7 songs, and by the time she was finished I had a headache and was in a bad mood.

Another 10 or 20 minutes.

FINALLY Coldplay comes on stage. They play an awesome Violet Hill, Clocks, Fix You was unbelievable, and most of the normal setlist. The whole show was amazing, but I was behind a lot of tall people so couldnt really see anything.

So they come to a point where they run through the crowd (one girl jumped out and kissed Chris) up to a side area. They play acoustic The Scientist and Will sings Death Will Never Conquer. They then leave the area while video clips play of a guy saying "Too bad Chris isn't man enough..." etc which everybody boos at. They then silence this guy with a smashingly good Politik. They go on and have Chris do a piano version of Hardest Part.

He stops near the end and says "You know what, that song isn't a big enough hit. You're going to need big hits in Hartford on a Saturday night."

So they do Yellow which was also amazing. Then onto Strawberry Swing, then Lovers in Japan (I caught about 80 pieces of butterfly confetti;)). So you expect them to leave and come back for an encore. Instead they go right into Death and All His Friends. Also amazing. They then leave to a huge applause while Escapist plays. They exit the stage.

So we stand and cheer, and stand and cheer....still standing...still cheering. They never come back out. No encore, nada, nothing, see you later.

So I personally feel insulted as they've done encores at every other show this tour. Plus they barely even said goodbye and thanks:

"Thanks everybody and have a great weekend."

So overall it was a great show. Yet the facts that it cost me $110 per ticket, plus the horrid opening act, all added with NO ENCORE, leaves me feeling like they dont actually respect us fans or how much we spent to go see them. I am very mad at Coldplay right now and it's hard to enjoy a show you've waited for for 3 months when they dont have the kindness to throw us 1 lousy encore.:thumbsdown:

I could see what you mean when you put it like that. i would have been great to have an encore...but who really knows why they didn't. I just wouldn't let that ruin an otherwise great show. But hey, that's just me. :)

I could see what you mean when you put it like that. i would have been great to have an encore...but who really knows why they didn't. I just wouldn't let that ruin an otherwise great show. But hey, that's just me. :)

I get what you're saying and it was a great show, but it was my first ever concert and everyone always told me how the encores were the most fun part. I just feel like they didnt appreciate us. And come on, that annoying opening act?

Overall, was it a lot of fun? Yes.

Was it the greatest night of my life? No

Will I go see Coldplay again? Yes

Will I pay over $100 for floor seats? No

Do I feel cheap-skated? Absolutely:angry:

I get what you're saying and it was a great show, but it was my first ever concert and everyone always told me how the encores were the most fun part. I just feel like they didnt appreciate us. And come on, that annoying opening act?

Sorry to hear it wasn't ideal... although, apparently they didn't give Toronto an encore, either. Hmm... :confused:

But still, I'm glad you had fun for the most part! Despite the no encore thing, and the bad opening act.

Sorry to hear it wasn't ideal... although, apparently they didn't give Toronto an encore, either. Hmm... :confused:

But still, I'm glad you had fun for the most part! Despite the no encore thing, and the bad opening act.

Im sure by tomorrow Ill think better of the show, its just left a sour taste in my mouth right now.:\

That setlist sounds sweet, I want that exact stlist + an encore on monday!

And I hope you get the encore;)

That Santogold chick or whatever her name was...yes she was VERY annoying. I was bopping my head to the music, but I think it was honestly because i am very sleep deprieved and if I didn't otherwise, I would have fell asleep.

So the floor seats weren't worth it? I originally wanted floor seats but ended up getting lower level, which was great in the end. I've never had floor seats so I was wondering.