✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Aug-08: Hartford - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 03-Jul]

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which seat?

I'm planning on buying an extremely last minute ticket to the show after it was known that I can actually make it to Hartford from Jersey on Saturday. YAY- I can go! Anyway, now, my problem is I dont which seat I should choose. Ive narrowed it down to two I found that were within my budget and were pretty good. First one is on ticketmasters website,

Sec 105 Row R

and 2nd is on stubhubs website,

Floor 1 Row X

(they're within $15 of each other, Floor seat is slightly more) My problem is, i dont know which one to choose! I want the best view of Chris and the band and ive never been to this arena before. i know i should just be happy that i can go, but im greedy for a good seat. Anyone think they can help me out? Thanks

Yay, 2 days. I'm so jealous my sister already saw them in Toronto and is seeing them again today at a TV interview. Is there anything to do in Hartford to make it worthwhile to stay overnight?

no. In fact, it's a bad town. I wouldnt stay overnight there.

Small Town Girl Kaletsky to Open For Coldplay

amanda2.jpg

I grew up in a small town called Orange, Connecticut. My high school consisted of three towns–Orange, Woodbridge (wealthy town near New Haven), and Bethany (wealthy, but complete boonies town with nothing but farmland and cows). I went to school with a girl from Bethany named Amanda Kaletsky. I played at a coffeehouse with Amanda and saw her talent first hand. Well, now this local small town girl is playing in a BIG show, opening for Coldplay this Saturday at the XL center in Hartford.

Here is a blurb from news channel 8 in CT about Amanda. If you get a chance, you should check her out:

(WTNH) — Amanda Kaletsky, a Bethany native, will be the opening act for Coldplay this weekend at the XL Center in Hartford. She joined News Channel 8 @ Noon to perform the song that won her the honor.

Jumping from guitar to piano and back, Amanda delivers songs that are tastefully built around passion and melody. Nurtured by influences such as Joni Mitchell and Carole King, her introspective music ranges from sultry blues inspired love songs to power-driven pop hits, all carried by her emotional vocal performances.

Her song “Everything Lies” off of her second EP, “Between You & Me” was featured on season 3 of MTV’s “The Hills.” Along with her first EP, “Wait”, Amanda has sold over 2,000 copies and is in radio rotation from the Northeast to Hawaii.

Surrounded by a love of music at an early age, Amanda trained as a classical violinist from the age of four. At the age of 13, she broadened her focus by learning guitar and piano, and began developing her vocal skills with the nationally recognized Elm City Girls Choir. Armed with years of classical training and non-classical influences, Amanda eventually found a personal balance in singing/songwriting.

Amanda is currently working on a third, full-length release with producer Ritchie Rubini, while continuing to perform at a variety of venues in the Northeast. She also sings the National Anthem regularly for the New York Islanders and at other professional sporting events.

For more information, please visit http://www.amandakaletsky.com/

The Coldplay concert is Saturday, August 2.

http://news.texasholdem.com/2008/07/31/small-town-girl-kaletsky-to-open-for-coldplay/

Hello!

1(ish) more day! I got these tickets for my birthday, it's only my second real concert (Weird Al was my first), I am so excited.:D

I thought that Santogold was opening for them?

I'm going with my dad because I'm the only one in my group of friends that listens to Coldplay (bunch of losers).

Maybe I'll see some of you there :)

~Jordan

Ahhh!!!!!!!! I am just SO excited. If anyone could recommend a good (cheap) dinner spot, let me know. Even if it's like an Applebee's or whatever, that's fine. We should be getting into Hartford around 5, so I guess we'll just have to kill time until the show starts. I am sort of broke, so I am going to try and cool it with buying all the awesome stuff they sell, but I really really really want a program! Also a t-shirt, a keychain, a bag, etc. Hahaha. I am going to be even more broke after this weekend, if that's even possible.

But AAAAHHHHH I CANNOT WAITTTTT!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ahhh!!!!!!!! I am just SO excited. If anyone could recommend a good (cheap) dinner spot, let me know. Even if it's like an Applebee's or whatever, that's fine. We should be getting into Hartford around 5, so I guess we'll just have to kill time until the show starts. I am sort of broke, so I am going to try and cool it with buying all the awesome stuff they sell, but I really really really want a program! Also a t-shirt, a keychain, a bag, etc. Hahaha. I am going to be even more broke after this weekend, if that's even possible.

But AAAAHHHHH I CANNOT WAITTTTT!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Outback or Friendly's

Theyre both all over the place and every single one in CT is great food

Well, I live in Hartford, and trust me, you probably won't experience any problems there. It's a "dangerous" city much in the same vein as most cities - there's the nice part and the slums. I live two blocks up from the XL Center, and there's always a lot to do...there's plenty of excellent restaurants and bars.