✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

I did plj too

did you do the texting thing?

no joke, i sent over 300 texts. and i STILL DIDN'T WIN.

but i call everyday to see if they're still giving em out, and they say they still have a whole lot to give away so it'll go on this weekend too. we still have time...:\

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my next problem exactly! Would they give the contest winners the entire floor? Or maybe the first 4 rows across the entire lower level? I can't imagine they'd stick the "real fans" in the upper deck, but that's how things go today. I honestly don't really care as long as we're all in the building!

well the first four rows is highly unlikely... but it would be awesome!!! The Garden is HUGE as you know... so the entire floor would probably be nice... there's 9 sections down there.. so hey... you never never know..... I would love to be near the stage... :nice:

did you do the texting thing?

no joke, i sent over 300 texts. and i STILL DIDN'T WIN.

but i call everyday to see if they're still giving em out, and they say they still have a whole lot to give away so it'll go on this weekend too. we still have time...:\

my f ing fingers hurt i texted so much

my f ing fingers hurt i texted so much

i got so close today... they needed caller 25 and i was 18. i got so frustrated i acutally cried... which is silly now that i think of it, but i guess thats just how bad i want to go. i think it's because its a fan appreciation show, i guess i want to be a part of that because im such a big fan. siiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhh

i got so close today... they needed caller 25 and i was 18. i got so frustrated i acutally cried... which is silly now that i think of it, but i guess thats just how bad i want to go. i think it's because its a fan appreciation show, i guess i want to be a part of that because im such a big fan. siiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhh

That happened to me TWICE! Once they were looking for caller 20, and I was 17. The next time they were looking for 25, and I was 21. Very frustrating.

Which number do you call for WPLJ and when do they normally announce the time to call into the show? I am listening to their radio broadcast online right now...

the number is 1-800-321-9755

usually, it's on the half hour. the way you can predict it is they'll go to commercial break and play the commercial about the Coldplay fan appreciation show (it'll start with something like "the WPLJ coldplay countdown begins. in just 4 days, coldplay releases their new album blah blah blah" or something along those lines). when they come back from commercial break, they play a song, and then immediately after that ask you to call.

there's no telling what tickets they're asking you to call for though, just start dialing once the songs over just in case :P

they're also doing the texting thing again this weekend. text "Coldplay" to 68683 as many times as you want. deadline is sunday at midnight, and they choose a winner on monday.

anyway, good luck! it might be lessening my chances to win by doing all of this, but as long as real coldplay fans win i don't mind :)

EDIT: DON'T rely on the online broadcast; it's delayed a good minute or 2, so you'll never get it

Guest Hyperfried

MSG Late Winner?

Well, I know this might sound odd, but... I think I just won tickets to Coldplay's show at Madison Square garden! :lol:

Here's the story: A friend of mine recently won tickets, after entering for no real reason. As it turns out, A) He doesn't care too much for Coldplay, and B) He's on some trip on June 23rd... So...

He offered to give me tickets. Woah.

Assuming that he comes through (tickets are still in the mail), I will almost undoubtedly be at the Coldplay show in NYC! So cool!

Granted, transport is hard to arrange: I need to figure out a Greyhound Bus from Dover, DE to NYC in several days for a parent and myself, and then figure out lodging for the night. But details... details...

Excited! :cool:

Ok, just HAVE to try but I'm lookin' for 1 ticket to the show. Craigslist is askin' ridiculous prices and was hopin' a fellow fan can offer up an extra ticket. I offered up a free ticket one time to another show in NYC so I'm hopin' karma comes back to pick me up. I'm a male grad student at NYU Dental School, 26, and I've got $50 bucks and probably a couple beers to offer you if you'll take me. Doesn't matter where the seats are. Let me know asap and I'll be greatful for your kindness.

-Derek

Thanks for any help. Probably should have left my email address up top, eh?

[email protected]

I feel pretty assed out considering everyone and their mothers in my school got tix except for me. And sure enough, they all have a girlfriend or boyfriend or best friend to take with them. I happened to be odd man out. Thanks in advance to anyone who's gonna hook me up.

-D

if i had an extra ticket i would absolutely take you with me.

as it is, though, i have no tickets and i need 2. so i'm in the same boat =[

good luck to you though. hav eyou tried craigslist? there are people seeling tickets there which is wrong but i'm sure there's someone looking for someone to go with as well.

hav eyou tried craigslist? there are people seeling tickets there which is wrong but i'm sure there's someone looking for someone to go with as well.

Gosh, I just had a look at the site. People wanting up to 700 dollars for two tickets they won while true fans missed out!? This world is a sad place.

There is also one guy looking for a woman to accompany him. :D

Gosh, I just had a look at the site. People wanting up to 700 dollars for two tickets they won while true fans missed out!? This world is a sad place.

There is also one guy looking for a woman to accompany him. :D

i know, it's quite sad.

HEY dw4848, are you willing to dress as a girl and fool this guy? :laugh3:

Congrats to the true Coldplay fans who won tickets. I was not as lucky and find myself desperate to get my hands on a pair of tickets. Perhaps this is me just being a sore loser, but the whole free concept sounded great at first. Now, I see that yes there are a bunch of hardcore fans who did receive tickets, but many more who just figured theyd try and et tickets to a free concert. Craigslist is laughable when you type in Coldplay tickets.P eople are asking for $700 for a pair of tickets they got for free, to a concert they apparently don't even really want to go to. People have even tried turning it into a dating service, maybe I should take one of those guys up on the offer. It 's weird to think that a set of 3,500 completely different people could have been selected. I just want to see my all-time favorite band in my home state. Anyway, enough complaining and venting, I just thought the whole thing turned out very interesting.

On a brighter note, the album came out today!!!! And it's amazing of course, so that makes life good.

And now after that rant I feel the need to ask ask , if anyone feels like giving/selling their ticket for a reasonable price, keep me posted hah.

Has anyone actually received their tickets? Our were stolen (long story) so we have to pick them up at willcall. My husband can't remember where the guy who was helping with the stolen ticket debacle said our seats were but he thinks in section 234~which is way far from the stage in the upper deck area. Don't get me wrong...I am not complaining about free tickets to CP. I am honored to be anywhere at a CP concert, but I was hoping that they would hook the fans up with closer seats. Curious if this was just because our original tickets were stolen??

Guest LiquidSky

I'm sad I'm not going! I hope you guys take a bunch of pictures of the show and everything.. specially of Jonny... Don't forget my Jonny