✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

this is how much my husband loves me...... I have said before that he thinks i love coldplay more than he...... I have seen them 3 times and yes I am obsessed.. didn't win tickets .....Tried every contest.... etc.. he went to the MSG and tried to woooo one of the box office girls.. asked her a million questions on how to get tickets....oh well. didn't work. I still have a couple of days and one wonderful husband who appreciates my obsession. just wanted to share and if anyone has an extra ticket, i could stop this craziness i put him through

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...I have 2 pairs of tickets..but the seats are apart. I really feel for die hard fans who live in NY but didn't get tickets. Since none of my friends are true Coldplay fans....well, i can't believe i'm doing this but i've decided to do something really nice and give the other 3 away. PM me..but only if you eat, drink, and breathe Coldplay. I'll choose 3 very lucky individuals and PM you back by Sunday night with more details....

Oh I forgot one thing...both pairs are in my name and it says that they'll be checking ID? I obviously can't be two places at once...so....???

ok...I have 2 pairs of tickets..but the seats are apart. I really feel for die hard fans who live in NY but didn't get tickets. Since none of my friends are true Coldplay fans....well, i can't believe i'm doing this but i've decided to do something really nice and give the other 3 away. PM me..but only if you eat, drink, and breathe Coldplay. I'll choose 3 very lucky individuals and PM you back by Sunday night with more details....

Oh I forgot one thing...both pairs are in my name and it says that they'll be checking ID? I obviously can't be two places at once...so....???

I don't think the ID thing matters too much as long as you enter with the three other people. I have a similar situation (2 pairs of tickets) and I'm taking 3 of my friends and I called to check if I would have a problem regarding ID, and they said that it wouldn't be an issue as long as I was there.

Guest Hyperfried

Yeah - I called MSG Tixx - I got my tickets from a friend who can't go. They said that, although they are checking IDs, it shouldn't be a problem. No guarantees, but it shouldn't be a problem.

In regard to an opening act - It'll be Jon Hopkins. Anyone know how he usually is live? He's mostly ambient...

Such a perfect day...

OMG a Coldplay/ing.com Miracle has occurred!!! I got tickets! FREE tickets...:D Thanks to a lovely fellow coldplaying member!!! ivette_e is my HERO. She saw my desperate posts on this thread and contacted me that she wasn't able to use the tix she had, so she passed them on to me...and all it took was the $2.25 Turnpike toll to get to her & pick them up!!! I can't believe it...nice people do exist, and they frequent this board lol. A HUUUUUGE Thank You to ivette_e (again).

I'm still in shock, I think it'll really hit me when I hear the first few notes of LIT on Monday hehe. I wanted so badly to go, and now I am! It's like I willlled it to happen...Coldplay can work miracles, I'm telling you!!! Like Chris said..."There's a line on the record that says, Just because I'm losing/Doesn't mean I'm lost". That means that whatever slings and arrows come your way, you've gotta just keep going. That's my motto. It's quite a long motto and it's not in Latin, but it is quite a good motto". Chris Martin (i borrowed it from the_escapist's signature--¡Gracias! hehe) So though I kept trying every single contest I could enter to win, and didn't over&over, I still hoped and didn't give up that somehow I'd be at that show!!! And true to Chris's wise words...it happened!

(I hope no one thinks I'm rubbing my good fortune in your face or showing off:embarassed:, I"m just so excited that I had to share it with people who understand how hard and how great it was to get to see this show.)

My first post

Hello, all. I'm only a "minor league" fan of Coldplay — maybe even bush league — and I won a pair of tickets (just section 311, row H). I don't have anyone to bring with me. I'm not looking for a date, nor do I want to try to make a buck off my +1; I just don't want it to go to waste. Is anyone still looking for a single ticket?

(I reserve the right to be utterly capricious in choosing who gets to go with me. :wacky: )

So does anyone else think that MSG might be the first actual runthrough for the arena tour itself, considering it's going to be the first proper arena they play? Meaning that hopefully it would be a bit of a longer setlist, etc? I mean, let's be honest, I hope they don't pay 4 million dollars to rent out MSG for a free concert and then only play for 90 minutes!

And also...maybe it'll be the first appearance of the magic balls???

So does anyone else think that MSG might be the first actual runthrough for the arena tour itself, considering it's going to be the first proper arena they play? Meaning that hopefully it would be a bit of a longer setlist, etc? I mean, let's be honest, I hope they don't pay 4 million dollars to rent out MSG for a free concert and then only play for 90 minutes!

man i hope so. i've been dying to see Guy's magic balls for YEARS.

i also hope to see the magic ball props they say they're gonna use.

:P

I have seen them few time in NY and the gigs have been longer, Nasssu col. was at least 2 hours. Because of the free shows, it may have been the warm up for the big tour. wait to see what the set list is at MSG. that might set the tone. but every town is different .. so only time will tell what lays ahead for each gig. hope everyone enjoys the show. it is so nice that people are willing to give up tickets to the true fans

I have seen them few time in NY and the gigs have been longer, Nasssu col. was at least 2 hours. Because of the free shows, it may have been the warm up for the big tour. wait to see what the set list is at MSG. that might set the tone. but every town is different .. so only time will tell what lays ahead for each gig. hope everyone enjoys the show. it is so nice that people are willing to give up tickets to the true fans

christa, did you get tickets for msg?

I seriously doubt ID's will even be checked at all.

I'm willing to bet money that security will just simply scan all of our tickets and let us find our seats.

I'll either be right or wrong come Tuesday morning, but my gut feeling tells me that authority works in the funniest and most manipulative of ways.

Happy free Coldplay show to you all :)

I seriously doubt ID's will even be checked at all.

I'm willing to bet money that security will just simply scan all of our tickets and let us find our seats.

I'll either be right or wrong come Tuesday morning, but my gut feeling tells me that authority works in the funniest and most manipulative of ways.

Happy free Coldplay show to you all :)

thank you for keeping me optimistic haha

looking for a tix for msg show

hello my name is todd and i know it will be impossible but i am trying to get access to a ticket for the show for msg on monday night, i didn't get one from there contest on the web, i am going to take train into city from the island and try my luck at the garden outside but would love to have a chance at a ticket via coldplay fans vs nyc scalpers, if anyone may have a ticket they would be interested in parting with please feel free to contact me..

thanks

todd

christa, did you get tickets for msg?

No yet, thanks for asking sent Kanayda an PM. still have this one connection i am working on. I can't get greedy. there are probably some of us that have not seen coldplay yet and would love them to get a ticket. will send you a pm i f I get one. bleieve me i will let everyone know!!!

really amazing to see everyone trying to help out. that being said i've never been to a coldplay show since i couldn't afford to go, and would be dying to win tickets to go to it. if anyone can help me out in anyway. i'll even pay if i have to. i am dying to see them. thanks

matan

no prob N

hope u have fun!!!!

OMG a Coldplay/ing.com Miracle has occurred!!! I got tickets! FREE tickets...:D Thanks to a lovely fellow coldplaying member!!! ivette_e is my HERO. She saw my desperate posts on this thread and contacted me that she wasn't able to use the tix she had, so she passed them on to me...and all it took was the $2.25 Turnpike toll to get to her & pick them up!!! I can't believe it...nice people do exist, and they frequent this board lol. A HUUUUUGE Thank You to ivette_e (again).

I'm still in shock, I think it'll really hit me when I hear the first few notes of LIT on Monday hehe. I wanted so badly to go, and now I am! It's like I willlled it to happen...Coldplay can work miracles, I'm telling you!!! Like Chris said..."There's a line on the record that says, Just because I'm losing/Doesn't mean I'm lost". That means that whatever slings and arrows come your way, you've gotta just keep going. That's my motto. It's quite a long motto and it's not in Latin, but it is quite a good motto". Chris Martin (i borrowed it from the_escapist's signature--¡Gracias! hehe) So though I kept trying every single contest I could enter to win, and didn't over&over, I still hoped and didn't give up that somehow I'd be at that show!!! And true to Chris's wise words...it happened!

(I hope no one thinks I'm rubbing my good fortune in your face or showing off:embarassed:, I"m just so excited that I had to share it with people who understand how hard and how great it was to get to see this show.)

i believe 104 is a little better because its lower and closer to the stage since its on the right. 232 is directly across from the stage one level up. Either one is equally good and you're lucky to have both

i heard an interview where they said that LA would be the first appearance of the Magic Balls. I cant wait to find out about them.