✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hyperfried

Please do tell how to do it. I just don't want to even risk getting kicked out of the biggest concert of my life. ><

First of all, you won't get kicked out, worse-case scenario is MSG security will tell you to put it in a locker at Penn Station. And I've found MSG security to be really light, they don't always do a pat-down, and when they do, it's not very thorough. If they kicked out everyone with a camera it would be a royal mess.

Remember, this is Coldplay - the band even encouraged camera use on their last tour!

Please do tell how to do it. I just don't want to even risk getting kicked out of the biggest concert of my life. ><

Congrats! How did you get tickets?

Boriherter is my hero :D

lol about the camera, if its the winter time i always hide them in my gloves... but seeing as how its very much the summer, that might look suspicious. usually if you just pack your purse with a lot of stuff, you can hide it in there. they don't usually search very thoroughly, since there are like 234987897 thousand people to get through lol.

now this might sound weird but it worked with my friend. if you're blessed in the chest area, you can hide it in your cleavage. they don't dare check in there :laugh3:

I think he's everyone's hero (myself included). :D

In terms of cameras, I've never had a problem getting one in (hide it in my purse) but often if you have it out during a show and security guard will come up to you and make you stop. Still, nothing to lose by trying to bring it in. I have some great pictures from the Nassau Coliseum show on the last tour!

hey Boriherter crew

i haven't been online in a couple of days

and desperately need an update haha.

i just read his email about emailing Debs (who is Debs, anyway?)

and supposedly she deleted the fake names etc, so that's awesome news

but i'm just a bit confused and need some reassurance haha.

seems like we're all gonna get in though :)

hey Boriherter crew,

i haven't been online in a couple of days

and desperately need an update.

i just read his email about emailing Debs (who is Debs, anyway?)

and supposedly she deleted the fake names etc

just a bit confused is all.

seems like we're all gonna get in though :)

Yup, it seems like everything's been straightened out. So excited!!!! I'm not to sure what happened either, something about deleting the fake names and sending in our names maybe?

Whatever. I think we'll be able to get in and that's all that matters to me! :D

Guest Hyperfried
woahhh theyve actually made you stop taking pictures? thats never happened to me. you dont need to worry about that at msg

haha you got your tickets from him too?

Yeah, on the white paper, it says "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED" in big bold letters. I think I'll be bringing a small backpack - if they let me bring it in, should be okay.

now this might sound weird but it worked with my friend. if you're blessed in the chest area, you can hide it in your cleavage. they don't dare check in there :laugh3:

If only... Oh well, masculinity has its benefits as well. :dozey:

Yeah, on the white paper, it says "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED" in big bold letters. I think I'll be bringing a small backpack - if they let me bring it in, should be okay.

If only... Oh well, masculinity has its benefits as well. :dozey:

lmao, well then you can hide it somewhere else ;)

Yup, it seems like everything's been straightened out. So excited!!!! I'm not to sure what happened either, something about deleting the fake names and sending in our names maybe?

Whatever. I think we'll be able to get in and that's all that matters to me! :D

what fake names? confused.

Not fake names, the names of his friends whose email addresses actually won the tickets.

But it's easier to say "fake names." :laugh3:

haha ohhh gotcha

i was thinking, how exactly are they gonna let us in with his name on the tickets? he'd have to go up with each of us and explain to the ticket people right?

So bummed

I have almost given up on winning tickets but if anyone has a last minute cancellation please email me. It has been frustrating to not be able to win. I

have been forced to listen to WPLJ and it has been hell. All you guys who won congrats and enjoy the show! And to all the scumbugs who won and are trying to make $$$$ off the show can't wait to see you trying to sell those tickets 20 minutes before the show unsuccessfully. Ps..a good place to pre-game is Harringtons two blocks south of the garden on 32nd and 7th I believe..they always play concert dvd's of the evening's msg performance. See ya there.

Has anyone from here won tickets through PLJ??? I signed up through a few emails and texted a million times, and I'm praying every night :) that I get there!!! I don't want to give up hope until the last possible minute...which I think would be Friday the 20th when the winners are announced.

I know it's stupid to even get excited, but I'm dyyying to go, and will be thoroughly depressed mondya if I'm sitting home instead of the concert!! sniff sniff

i spent 2 weeks straight listening to plj, but no luck. the texting thing was only for the weekends, and whoever one those were notified the monday after. yeah i signed up for tickets online too. good luck to you!

btw if you're willing ot go by yourself, k rock (92.3) are giving away individual tickets), and z100 are giving some away randomly. i would call them and see if they're still giving them away and when

i spent 2 weeks straight listening to plj, but no luck. the texting thing was only for the weekends, and whoever one those were notified the monday after. yeah i signed up for tickets online too. good luck to you!

btw if you're willing ot go by yourself, k rock (92.3) are giving away individual tickets), and z100 are giving some away randomly. i would call them and see if they're still giving them away and when

I can't believe you could stand it that long..torture, torture, my ears are burning.. Kudos to you

I can't believe you could stand it that long..torture, torture, my ears are burning.. Kudos to you

lmao tell me about it. and id idnt even get tickets from there, so it was useless! if i hear 'No Air' one more i'm gonna rip my hair out. shouldnt she have suffocated by now?

lmao tell me about it. and id idnt even get tickets from there, so it was useless! if i hear 'No Air' one more i'm gonna rip my hair out. shouldnt she have suffocated by now?

:laugh3: Or "Bleeding Love." I wouldn't expect her to have any blood left by now!

I gave up on listening weeks ago anyway. It wasn't worth it to keep calling on and being 3 or 4 callers too early and then hearing someone win who says something like, "Oh, cool. I like Coldplay a little bit." UGHHHHHH. I hate people.

I think you should have to answer Coldplay trivia questions to get in to the show. Or know a secret Coldplay password.

:laugh3: Or "Bleeding Love." I wouldn't expect her to have any blood left by now!

I gave up on listening weeks ago anyway. It wasn't worth it to keep calling on and being 3 or 4 callers too early and then hearing someone win who says something like, "Oh, cool. I like Coldplay a little bit." UGHHHHHH. I hate people.

I think you should have to answer Coldplay trivia questions to get in to the show. Or know a secret Coldplay password.

hahhaa to the bleeding love bit

i agree, trivia questions would be the most fair. and not like 'who was on the cover of rolling stone this month?' which was what they asked once. ridiculous.

I was one of the few lucky ones who won from PLJ (caller #21). They contacted me on monday to confirm info and how to get my tickets. They came into the radio station yesterday and I just picked them up today from their office at MSG. I am so excited! They made me wait an hour for them but it was so worth it.

BTW what makes it even better are my seats are in sec 9! never had a chance to sit so close for a concert before! Anyone else get their tickets from PLJ yet?

I was one of the few lucky ones who won from PLJ (caller #21). They contacted me on monday to confirm info and how to get my tickets. They came into the radio station yesterday and I just picked them up today from their office at MSG. I am so excited! They made me wait an hour for them but it was so worth it.

BTW what makes it even better are my seats are in sec 9! never had a chance to sit so close for a concert before! Anyone else get their tickets from PLJ yet?

ahhhh so lucky. and im glad to hear they have them at their office for pickups instead of mailing them out and risk not getting them in time

Yeah getting them sent would have been a major hassle. They make you pay for shipping if you dont want standard mail delivery. And considering they were going to send it in the mail today, i wouldnt be so sure you would get them in time. If you wanted them fedexed it would cost over $20 for 2 day delivery.