• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

details for tonights show:

DJ from 8-820

830-9 opening band

920-1040-coldplay

Mother of God, they are playing for 80 minutes. 80 MINUTES! After watching Pearl Jam play for 2.5 hours Thursday night (27 songs - that's two full Coldplay concerts), it's going to fly by pretty fast.

yeah i saw the cure on friday at msg..33 songs, 4 encores, 3 hours...insane

tonight they will play 9/10 of the new songs and 6 songs off the old albums..

dont blink. its going to be great but would love more.

if they could only play shiver i would be happy...and that, is a pipe dream.

they played practically the same set for 18 months plus or minus 1-2 songs per night and only played shiver like twice the entire tour...hopefully this tour they will not feel the need to have everything so programmed and the can play different things everynight, although, i dont think that will be the case..

yeah i saw the cure on friday at msg..33 songs, 4 encores, 3 hours...insane

tonight they will play 9/10 of the new songs and 6 songs off the old albums..

dont blink. its going to be great but would love more.

if they could only play shiver i would be happy...and that, is a pipe dream.

they played practically the same set for 18 months plus or minus 1-2 songs per night and only played shiver like twice the entire tour...hopefully this tour they will not feel the need to have everything so programmed and the can play different things everynight, although, i dont think that will be the case..

My wife has been praying they play Shiver all week too. It seems like the perfect live song too, I wonder why they've nixed it lately.

Eric, how do you know the timetables for tonight? Are these confirmed times or just an educated guess. We want to know how much time we have to get to the stadium since we are coming from Philly.

What are the odds on GPASUYF? It's only, like, the best song of the 00's.

This should probably be it's own thread (if it isn't already), but I'm curious how most people feel about them playing Yellow/Clocks/FixYou/InMyPlace every single show. After five CP shows, I never need to hear those songs again if it means I can hear Shiver/Daylight/AROBTTH or some other non-hits that deserve some play time.

hey...advice needed. :-) I'm so crazy to go that I'mseriously considering just buying a ticket off someone. I found someone who says they got a ticket from "a friend who works for Coldplay" but they can't go themselves, that's why they're selling it. It does not come with a wristband, I guess since it's not from a contest. Should I go for it??? Do you think it's legit??

I'm so paranoid of buying a ticket from some random person without having won it myself, and getting problems at MSG. but I'm more afraid of passing an opportunity up for being chicken. hehe AHHH. I shouldn't be spending ANY money, but this show is something I can't pass up!

sounds dodgy... don't do it.

So does anyone else think that MSG might be the first actual runthrough for the arena tour itself, considering it's going to be the first proper arena they play? Meaning that hopefully it would be a bit of a longer setlist, etc? I mean, let's be honest, I hope they don't pay 4 million dollars to rent out MSG for a free concert and then only play for 90 minutes!

And also...maybe it'll be the first appearance of the magic balls???

I am soo excited to see the magic balls!!!! :D

yea i think we should meeet up ill be outside the garden around 6:15-6:30ish trying to get my tickets at will call. I'll be wearing skull shoes and a purple Crook&Castles tee probably. the today show starts at 7AM. which means you prolly want to camp out no later than 5AM. plus i dont even know if they will be playing a full set or not. Maroon 5 is also playing that morning on a different tv show so hopfully that will keep crowds down.

ticket weren't mail to you prolifick?

they were but i goofed on the address a bit because I just move here and couldnt remember the right thing. So my landlord sent it back. So i called and they said they would have them at will call if they didnt recieve them back in time to resend them again. It sucks. I might into a state of depression if I dont get those tickets.

So, there is not one place where people are meeting up? I'm usually shy and just go straight to my seat, but having been on here so much lately makes me want to be more sociable and meet some faces behind the typed words LOL. :-) especially since I'm going tonight only thanks of a member of this board.

My plan is to get there around 7, maybe hit up a Starbucks or something before (though I don't know if getting extra caffeine and sugar in my system is such a good idea tonight!)

i'll probably check back here before I leave...so if anyone wants to meet up or has idea where, let me know...

Roadie #42 - Blog #6

June 23, 2008 7:44 pm

#42 blogs from inside MSG

"Sleep satisfies" a friend of mine once said. He's not kidding! I arrived in NYC a couple of days ago and spent the entire day yesterday in bed. Refreshed and recharged, I roll into Madison Square Garden at 10am to find that things are looking in great shape. No surprise really, as there's been some very hard-working folks in here since midnight! Many of them are the new American sound, light and video crews who have never even seen this show, let alone put it together. Combine this with the pressure that a NYC show brings and you have to hand it to these guys - they've already done a great job.

The band are in at 2.30 for soundcheck, so I'd better get my skates on. I'll get back to you later.

R#42

MSG1.jpg

MSG1-2.jpg

MSG1-3.jpg

MSG1-4.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHH. the last pic just made me lose it!!! LOL I've been pretty (relatively) calm until now. After failing at trying to get a nap, I just put the Live CD on, and with these pics....OMG :D:dance:

OK, so Starbucks...I'm coming in from NJ by PATH, so maybe Id go to the one on 31st&6th, might be good I think, if we try one of the ones RIGHT by/next to MSG it might be wayy to packed. Anyone???

AHHHHHHHHHHH. the last pic just made me lose it!!! LOL I've been pretty (relatively) calm until now. After failing at trying to get a nap, I just put the Live CD on, and with these pics....OMG :D:dance:

OK, so Starbucks...I'm coming in from NJ by PATH, so maybe Id go to the one on 31st&6th, might be good I think, if we try one of the ones RIGHT by/next to MSG it might be wayy to packed. Anyone???

what time will you be there?