✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Madison Square Garden

Hello my fellow fans!

I don't really know what I'm doing, I never join these, but Coldplay is worth it.

I am crushed that I didn't win tickets to the June 23rd show at MSG. I am reaching out to you guys with much hope...

I am so annoyed at fans and others selling these FREE tickets for hundreds of dollars. I won't rant and rave, lets just say, I feel very strongly about this issue...

Anyway, if anyone knows of tickets that are available for little or no money, please, please, please get me into the show!

I appreciate you reading.

Best Martha

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the few lucky ones who won from PLJ (caller #21). They contacted me on monday to confirm info and how to get my tickets. They came into the radio station yesterday and I just picked them up today from their office at MSG. I am so excited! They made me wait an hour for them but it was so worth it.

BTW what makes it even better are my seats are in sec 9! never had a chance to sit so close for a concert before! Anyone else get their tickets from PLJ yet?

those are floor seats but all the way in the back.... stage left I believe..... Chris has been know to run back there before!!!! :) at least on the last gig there....

oh i don't know if reading about who DID win from PLJ is getting my hopes up or just making me more depressed I haven't won! :( LOL But thanks for the tip about Z100; I barely listen to radio so I didn't know they were also giving away tix. Though I've never had any luck with calling in, not even getting anything besides a busy signal!

i'm so--i'll say it--desperate to get to see this show, i think i'd be willing (but not happy) to pay for them...I'm just afraid that since supposedly everyone there won the tickets, i'd get caught with my scalped tickets or not accepted or something.:wreck: I know, paranoid! hehe

(ok, just checked on craigslist--is it always a dating service!?! i think i'd rather pay a little more and not have to have some pervy or geeky guy chatting me up during the show!)

hey guys i've been trying to win anywhere, be it plj, z100, or from coldplay.com and i never win anything, (not a big surprise). So i was wondering if there is anyone out there who can help me getting two tickets to this. It would be my first time and I'm trying to take my girlfriend with me. thanks in advance

thats what I've been trying to find out.... :( so far everyone that I know here at work who won tix has gotten a pair of the wristbands... :( we need to investigate further!!!! :cry:

Yeah... I wonder if the people who won tickets from other ways (like from PLJ) got wristbands. If they didn't, I wonder why they are distinguishing the Coldplay contest winners from other winners? AAAH the anticipationnnnn. :D

Yeah... I wonder if the people who won tickets from other ways (like from PLJ) got wristbands. If they didn't, I wonder why they are distinguishing the Coldplay contest winners from other winners? AAAH the anticipationnnnn. :D

Hey all,

I tried to get tickets thru the contest and didn't win BUT i did win tickets from my local radio station GROCK. Just picked up my tix today and I have two red wristbands and a letter saying not to sell them etc. Sorry to get your hopes up, but i think everyone gets wristbands who are in certain sections. I saw Foo Fighters there and my friend and I recieved wristbands to be on the Floor. I think its just another way to check as you enter/exit the area your in, many people try to get lower as the concert goes on. Anyone ever sit in section 97?

alex

Hey all,

I tried to get tickets thru the contest and didn't win BUT i did win tickets from my local radio station GROCK. Just picked up my tix today and I have two red wristbands and a letter saying not to sell them etc. Sorry to get your hopes up, but i think everyone gets wristbands who are in certain sections. I saw Foo Fighters there and my friend and I recieved wristbands to be on the Floor. I think its just another way to check as you enter/exit the area your in, many people try to get lower as the concert goes on. Anyone ever sit in section 97?

alex

those wristbands are different.... those are green and made of plastic... and have the MSG logos on them. :)

Hey all,

alex

i'm going to that foo fighters show too :lol:

What do you guys think of the potential setlist? Do you think it's going to be very similar to Brixton?

I think it will be longer- Coldplay will be going back to London and Barcelona (I think) on the regular tour, so I bet they will play longer sets there then. But since this is so far their only NY date, hopefully they will play a longer set so as not to short-change all their NY fans! I listened to the Brixton show and I thought it sounded awesome (especially the acoustic version of Yellow!) but I was hoping here a few other songs that they've played on other tours like The Scientist, Everything's Not Lost, and SHIVER!!! :D

Agreed. I think Shiver is awesome in concert. And, I was hoping for one or two more from "A Rush of Blood": possibly Politik or Green Eyes or something of that vein.

Yeah, Politik and Green Eyes! I can't believe I forgot to mention those. :laugh3:

There are just too many great songs to choose from. If I cared about the setlist too much, I'd never be happy until they just play every single song they have. :D

hey...advice needed. :-) I'm so crazy to go that I'mseriously considering just buying a ticket off someone. I found someone who says they got a ticket from "a friend who works for Coldplay" but they can't go themselves, that's why they're selling it. It does not come with a wristband, I guess since it's not from a contest. Should I go for it??? Do you think it's legit??

I'm so paranoid of buying a ticket from some random person without having won it myself, and getting problems at MSG. but I'm more afraid of passing an opportunity up for being chicken. hehe AHHH. I shouldn't be spending ANY money, but this show is something I can't pass up!

hey...advice needed. :-) I'm so crazy to go that I'mseriously considering just buying a ticket off someone. I found someone who says they got a ticket from "a friend who works for Coldplay" but they can't go themselves, that's why they're selling it. It does not come with a wristband, I guess since it's not from a contest. Should I go for it??? Do you think it's legit??

I'm so paranoid of buying a ticket from some random person without having won it myself, and getting problems at MSG. but I'm more afraid of passing an opportunity up for being chicken. hehe AHHH. I shouldn't be spending ANY money, but this show is something I can't pass up!

that's a tough call. is there anyone else who will sell yout he tickets for about the same price? someone you KNOW won them, so you know theyre legit?