✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jun-08: New York - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said they can tell just by looking at the ticket...does that mean they assigned us in sections according to our last name or what? Regardless, don't worry md1626. You'll just come in with me and i'll show my ID for all the tickets. SOOOO excited!!! I hope i can find my purple Coldplay shirt. I bought it the first time I went to see them in concert.

just to see..my last name starts with an L and my sections are 104 and 232...what about you guys?

I too have extra won tickets that I'm giving to friends. I called MSG and they said it really shouldn't be a problem if I'm there to flash my ID for them. He said it's impossible to check every ID in the building, it's mostly strict on will call.

Sure no one has an extra? I'd love to video tape the show to share with the entire Coldplay community.

Also- is there an opening band?

Yes, I know no cameras are allowed but it's not tough to sneak 'em in (I've done it many times before)

ANONYMOUS EMAIL:

i just got back from madison square garden and heard some of coldplay's soundcheck. these are some of the songs i caught them doing:

(not in any order)

in my place

god put a smile upon your face

lost!

lovers in japan

yes / chinese sleep chant

strawberry swing

i was ushered out before catching all of it.

and heard either johnny or chris play a bit of metallica's 'enter sandman' on guitar between songs.

:)

I really hope their set is longer tonight. I don't see any point in another 17-song long concert. At this point in their career, especially since they very litterally ARE the biggest band in the entire world, (let's be honest...they are holding the top spots for both singles and albums in the two biggest music markets on planet Earth), they should be doing upwards of 23 songs a night. AT least they should be doing all of their biggest hits. I mean...Speed Of Sound and Talk missing from the lastest shows? That's appauling. I mean, of course I'd prefer to hear stuff like Spies, White Shadows, Warning Sign, etc...but at least all of their big hits should be included! Especially the ones from their last album.

So, in the end, I'm praying tonight they go all out. It's MSG for Christ's sake! Make it worth it!

Dave