✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Nov-08: Oklahoma City - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [prev 10 Jul]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you hear Green Eyes, Pete?:inquisitive:

Nawww, should I try to phone again?

NO I meant about "Karen"

So did we, please vacate the thread and try not to bump your head on the 'Chris loves Karen' banner on the way out ;):P

^you could try if you want Pete...I'm guessing they may have already done it by now....hmmm

I thought you were saying that Karen had green eyes

then I realise that she wanted to hear "green eyes at the show:

confused confusded

she didn't just want to hear green eyes. chris wanted to dedicate it to her;)

I thought you were saying that Karen had green eyes

then I realise that she wanted to hear "green eyes at the show:

confused confusded

She DOES have green eyes.

And, yes she does want to hear it!

And she hopefully will!!

Concert Review: Coldplay energizes audience Sunday night at the Ford Center

Crowd: Estimated 20,000.

Top highlight: In an evening full of highlights, "Viva la Vida” was one of the crowd’s favorites. Lead singer Chris Martin was almost evangelical, dancing and twirling around the stage, conducting the crowd and his fans, ending the song lying on the stage as the crowd sang his final notes.

Reviewer’s take: Coldplay impressed and energized its Oklahoma City audience playing many favorites from its long career, including "Clocks,” "Fix You,” and many from its latest album, "Viva la Vida.” Martin has so much energy and plays directly to his crowd, keeping them happy the entire time.

http://newsok.com/concert-review/article/3322754

OOOH MYYYY GAAAAAAWWWWWD!!!!!

HEY ALL!! JUST GOT HOME @ NOW 4:40 AM!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

JUST A TEASER TILL I GET A FULL REVIEW UP AFTER A BIT OF SLEEP!:P

WHOEVER DID THIS....THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

THE "GREEN EYES" DEDICATION TO KAREN NEVER HAPPENED! BUT!!!!

EVEN BETTER!!!!!! ENGLISH SILKS FAVE SONG EVER IS HARDEST PART, AND THATS JUST WHAT CHRISSY GAVE HER!!!!! 3 TIMES, HE SAID, "FOR KAREN!"TO KAREN", FOR KAREN"!!!!!!!!!

KAREN WENT *THUD*:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:...:inquisitive::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:....:lol::lol::lol::lol::kiss::kiss::kiss:

THIS WAS THE BEST DREAM COME TRUE EVER!!!

EVEN THE SECURITY TEAM WAS HOVERED AROUND HER, EVEN TAKING HER CAM UNDER THE RAMP OF LOVE TO TAKE PICS OF THE BOYS GUITARS!!!! CHRISSY SLUNG THE SWEAT, KAREN CAUGHT IT!:laugh3:

CHRIS RAN THE RAMP WITH HAND EXTENDED, KAREN CAUGHT IT!!:laugh3:

I CANT YET PUT THIS ALL INTO WORDS, IT WAS ALL SOOO AMAZING!:shocked2:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:kiss::kiss::kiss: (THAT GOES TO YOU KIMCHI BABY!:kiss:)

FRONT ROW PICS COMING SOON(after i figure out how to do this!!)

Thanks Mel, Peter, for keping the thread up and running whilst English Silk whupped my ass and showed me how to really ROCK FOR COLDPLAY!!!

Hope I'm not stealing Kels's thunder (she really does need to sleep!!) in saying that there were no real surprises in the set - only (and I say only!!) that Chris played The Hardest Part, dedicated three times To EngllishSilk WOOOOOHOOOOOO

:dance::dance::dance:

EVEN BETTER!!!!!! ENGLISH SILKS FAVE SONG EVER IS HARDEST PART, AND THATS JUST WHAT CHRISSY GAVE HER!!!!! 3 TIMES, HE SAID, "FOR KAREN!"TO KAREN", FOR KAREN"!!!!!!!!!

KAREN WENT *THUD*:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:...:inquisitive::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:....:lol::lol::lol::lol::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Awwwwwww Chris!:heart: That's awesome...

I know I'm a big softy, and I'm really tired right now, but THAT just made me get all teary-eyed!:cry::) FanFUCKINGtastic!!!:dance:

HEY ALL!! JUST GOT HOME @ NOW 4:40 AM!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

JUST A TEASER TILL I GET A FULL REVIEW UP AFTER A BIT OF SLEEP!:P

WHOEVER DID THIS....THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

EVEN THE SECURITY TEAM WAS HOVERED AROUND HER, EVEN TAKING HER CAM UNDER THE RAMP OF LOVE TO TAKE PICS OF THE BOYS GUITARS!!!! CHRISSY SLUNG THE SWEAT, KAREN CAUGHT IT!:laugh3:

CHRIS RAN THE RAMP WITH HAND EXTENDED, KAREN CAUGHT IT!!:laugh3:

I CANT YET PUT THIS ALL INTO WORDS, IT WAS ALL SOOO AMAZING!:shocked2:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:kiss::kiss::kiss: (THAT GOES TO YOU KIMCHI BABY!:kiss:)

FRONT ROW PICS COMING SOON(after i figure out how to do this!!)

Thanks Mel, Peter, for keping the thread up and running whilst English Silk whupped my ass and showed me how to really ROCK FOR COLDPLAY!!!

:dance: WOW! I hope hope hope someone got The Hardest Part on video so Karen cn watch it over and over and over:D

Can't wait for the whole story!

:dance:

Coldplay entrances Oklahoma City audience

medium

It’s hard to know what to love best about Coldplay — the music, of course, every rock ballad a smashing crowd favorite, but there’s also the high-energy stage presence of the band and its evangelical, marching-band leader. Then there’s the colorful retro grunge clothing reminiscent of the ’80s, the painted guitars and piano; and the pulsing laser light show complete with drop-down balloons that alternately change colors, go psychedelic or show images of the band in full symphony.

Coldplay’s debut concert at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City on Sunday night was a feast for the senses.

The band had two opening acts: Sleepercar, out of El Paso, Texas, which pleased the crowd with its strong vocals and nice harmony; and Jon Hopkins, who’s computer techno sound combined with animated graphics on a projector screen make one imagine a demented Dr. Seuss dropping acid.

But it was Coldplay the audience came to see, and from the opening swells of the first song, “Life in Technicolor,” the rowdy crowd was on its feet, dancing, singing and shouting appreciation — and the Brits more than returned the favor.

After the opening instrumental, Coldplay launched into “Violet Hill,” a song that asks, “If you love me, won’t you let me know.” The crowd roared its response. Martin’s piano was rolled onstage, and after a quick “Hi” the band played “Clocks,” a brilliant piano-driven piece that takes Martin’s voice through a range of octives. Lasers shot everywhere and the audience became almost frenzied. Next on the playlist was “In My Place.”

Martin displayed so much energy through each song — conducting the band, then the audience — all with a flick of the wrist or a wave of his arm. He skipped, twirled, marched, jogged in place, threw himself nearly into a backbend and ran from one side of the u-shaped stage to the other, at times appearing as if he would launch himself into the audience. At other times, he serenaded from his knees or even sang the final notes of songs lying flat on his back on the stage.

After “Speed of Sound” Martin said it was about time to say a proper hello. “We’re happier than we can possibly imagine to be here,” he said. Martin apologized for delaying the concert from its original scheduled appearance in July, but the crowd seemed overly pleased to have the band even four months late. Martin changed his lyrics several times to match his surroundings. On the eerie “Cemeteries of London,” the chorus became “and the night over Oklahoma City ...” In “Politik,” a line became, “Give me a street in Oklahoma City named after the Flaming Lips.”

As tradition in every Coldplay concert, Martin turned his microphone to his audience for the chorus on “Fix You,” and everyone sang along to one of the band’s most touching ballads. “That’s the best singing we’ve had in a long, long time,” Martin praised. Next, guitarist Jonny Buckland and Guy Berryman got the crowd to clap along to “Strawberry Swing,” from the latest CD “Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends.” The single “Viva La Vida” brought the crowd to a new level of energy, jumping, dancing, clapping and singing along.

The Ford Center, which can hold up to 20,5000, was packed to the rafters except for sections behind the stage.

“I have to say that as a band we’re thoroughly impressed for a Sunday night in Oklahoma,” Martin said.

The band moved from center stage several times during the nearly 2-hour set going to a lighted box on stage left to sing “God Put a Smile UponYour Face” and “The Hardest Part,” then later to a stage in the rear of the arena just under the second level to sing, “The Scientist.”

Coldplay was near perfect, sounding every bit as great in person as they do on albums. Ironically, the only moment of loss during the night was when Martin’s voice broke on the final notes of “Lost,” but with a bit of laughter at himself, the audience cheered him on anyway.

One of the best moments of the night was during the song “Lovers in Japan” when multicolored paper butterflies rained down on the audience in a neon confetti. After singing “Death and All His Friends” the band left the stage to return for an encore of “Yellow.” Martin told the audience they’d sung everything they possibly could and wished everyone happy holidays before sending them off fully content. Viva La Coldplay.

http://www.newsok.com/coldplay-entrances-oklahoma-city-audience/article/3322755/?custom_click=lead_story_title